Confused about splash guards

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Hi all,

Ford's build site has those splash guards listed at $220 while accessories list has them for $100 for both front and rear. I'm confused about the discrepancy. Could anyone who had figured it out clarify it please? I'm almost inclined to order them separately.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
Hi all,

Ford's build site has those splash guards listed at $220 while accessories list has them for $100 for both front and rear. I'm confused about the discrepancy. Could anyone who had figured it out clarify it please? I'm almost inclined to order them separately.

Thanks in advance.
I believe the 220 price is the "dealer installed" price.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I believe the 220 price is the "dealer installed" price.
I see... I can definitely install it myself. Thanks for the info!

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I see... I can definitely install it myself. Thanks for the info!

I installed the splash guards and it wasn't difficult. Drill three holes for each side on the front. In the rear, you remove the plugs and install with the hardware in the kit. They fit flush and are a perfect fit.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
My dealer installed all 4 for a total of $50 I was told that to line things up right the rear wheels need to come off, well worth it to me but I bet with some fangaling
It could be done with the wheels on.
My flaps were $100 per pair. I have damaged flaps on past vehicles. These are cheaper to replace. As for the tougher far more expensive setup. I feared those could be so strong as to bend something even more expensive ? I think about that sort of thing. I mean If they are really that much stronger.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
My dealer installed all 4 for a total of $50 I was told that to line things up right the rear wheels need to come off, well worth it to me but I bet with some fangaling
It could be done with the wheels on.
My flaps were $100 per pair. I have damaged flaps on past vehicles. These are cheaper to replace. As for the tougher far more expensive setup. I feared those could be so strong as to bend something even more expensive ? I think about that sort of thing. I mean If they are really that much stronger.
Correct - the more expensive ones are heavier and I think larger. I installed the lower price ones and no need to remove the rear tires - just get holes lined up. No drilling is needed to install rears. Space is tight, but it's easy with a small ratchet wrench. Both front and rear align easily no no issues you might find with a generic mud flap. On an earlier discussion I posted the installation instructions that come with flaps.

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So do the small ones. Lol.

kmb421

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Correct - the more expensive ones are heavier and I think larger. I installed the lower price ones and no need to remove the rear tires - just get holes lined up. No drilling is needed to install rears. Space is tight, but it's easy with a small ratchet wrench. Both front and rear align easily no no issues you might find with a generic mud flap. On an earlier discussion I posted the installation instructions that come with flaps.
I tried finding where you posted install instructions and was unsuccessful ? do you mind linking that post or posting again? I'm trying to determine if I can install these myself or if I should pay the dealer.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I tried finding where you posted install instructions and was unsuccessful ? do you mind linking that post or posting again? I'm trying to determine if I can install these myself or if I should pay the dealer.

I installed the cheaper ones($50.00 approx) and it was pretty sim[;e. The fronts are easy. Drill 3 holes on each side and use the attached hardware. The backs are tight but I was able to install without removing the wheels.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/attachments/front-mud-flap-installation-pdf.6034/

Search this form Jan 19 GTI posting. Front simple if you are careful drilling holes - just drill through plastic trim and not deep. Back are tight because distance to rear wheels is tight, but not hard if you have a small socket wrench and are the least bit handy. No need to remove tires and Ford flaps are shaped with predrilled holes so very easy to get on straight. Instructions that come with them are very clear and if after you get them you are not confident to install to can take to any shop or a helpful neighbor.

kmb421

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/attachments/front-mud-flap-installation-pdf.6034/

Search this form Jan 19 GTI posting. Front simple if you are careful drilling holes - just drill through plastic trim and not deep. Back are tight because distance to rear wheels is tight, but not hard if you have a small socket wrench and are the least bit handy. No need to remove tires and Ford flaps are shaped with predrilled holes so very easy to get on straight. Instructions that come with them are very clear and if after you get them you are not confident to install to can take to any shop or a helpful neighbor.
Awesome, thank you!
Sponsored