Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
What do the rubber gaskets under the crossbars look like? Any photos?
Sponsored

JoeyBoy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
So the Android Auto isn’t wireless On Sync 3. Is the Apple CarPlay wireless?

JoeyBoy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Did any Badlands Owners previously have the 2.0 ecoboast in their former Escape? It’s basically the same engine from what I understand. I just wonder how that engine compares when placed inside the Badlands. In my 2016 Escape, that engine is a lot of fun to drive. It sprints up steep hills like a mountain goat and accelerates pretty damn fast on highway ramps.

However there is one sad story to my 2916 Escape 2.0 engine. It failed at around 65K miles. Yup, and I was out of warranty at 60K. So I had to pay $6K out of pocket for an entirely new 2.0 replacement engine. What I’m learning is that my engine problem is somewhat common among other 2.0 Escape owners. My engine seals failed and allowed coolant to leak into my cylinders. my technician said he has seen it happen several times to others. In fact, there is currently a class-action suit against Ford in the courts, for this particular problem. Maybe I’ll get some money back. But probably not. I haven’t purchased a Bronco Sport Badlands yet, but if I do then I will seriously consider buying an extended warranty. From what I read online, other people’s 2.0 engine failed at around 60-70K miles which is exactly when mine failed. It’s just something to think about. I know I probably shouldn’t purchase another vehicle with the same engine, but that engine is just so much fun to drive. I cannot think of another compact SUV that is so much fun to drive, than my 2016 Escape 2.0. Premium gas makes a slight difference, by the way.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
What do the rubber gaskets under the crossbars look like? Any photos?
I don't have pictures of mine, but it's a long rubber strip that fits into the groove along the bottom of each crossbar.

When you unpack the crossbars, both the top and bottom rubber gaskets (strips) are in place. You remove the bottom strip to install the Timberline towers that attach the crossbar to the roof rails. However, you're supposed to follow the instructions to reinstall the rubber strip. Like I stated earlier, I discovered that mine were accidentally left off.

Reactions: Jrl

John Comer

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yeah...you're right. It's lane centering. I just named it wrong...my bad. But, it definitely works. There was only one time during a tight curve where I tugged on the wheel because I preferred to be a little more to the left of the lane I was in. Other than that, it worked fine and I would have no qualms about using it during a long distance trip.
Actually my BL+ BL has both

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually my BL+ BL has both
Yeah...mine, too. I just meant to highlight lane centering in my original post instead of lane assist. As you probably know, there's differences between the two.

Gunther706

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I can't wait to get this thing dirty! So far, I've only touched the G.O.A.T. mode dial once. I was at a red light with no one in front of me. A voice out of nowhere whispered softly: "Go 'head...put it in Sport mode." I replied: "Not yet...I'm trying to responsibly break in the engine." The voice came back a little louder: "You gotta be effin' kiddin' me, bruh..."

So, I switched it and punched it when the light turned green. Maaaaaan...I'm coming from a Fusion Sport with a nice V6 engine. My Badlands has more pull off the jump than the damn Fusion. I found myself just giggling when I hit 60mph..?

But, yeah...try the adaptive cruise control with the lane centering at least once. It's some next-level sh*t.
I really appreciate your views on this! Which fusion sport were you driving? I'm coming off of a 2018 lease with Sync 3 and am just so excited to have this for some long road trips, I'm just gonna miss the 300+ hp.

broncobrother

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
It was a bit of an adjustment, but not really in any negative way, everything was an improvement overall. I had a very old Accord in High School, then a 2005 Mustang, and now this Bronco Sport, so it's the first SUV type of vehicle I've ever driven. The drivability and comfort is fantastic. For me at first it felt a lot bigger than it really is. The biggest issue I had was seeing over the hood and estimating where the edges of the front end were. I would pull into a parking spot, get out, and there'd still be 2-3ft of space in front ?.

Biggest reason for going to this from a Mustang was the practicality. It got to be a pain not being able to haul anything larger than a big duffel bag, and I wanted to start kayaking and taking some dirt mountain roads to go camping, etc. That's not really happening in a Mustang.

I got the Base model, I didn't want the added cost and complexity of the Badlands for what I'll use it for. So between the other trims I was impatient and went with what was cheaper and available. I don't regret it, but if I could go back I might have waited a bit for a Big Bend to pop up in the color I wanted, the only ones the dealers had here were in Black which was a deal breaker for me.
I got the Badlands yesterday. It's black, which also wasn't my first choice but now I love it. I had 17 Mustang and experienced the same cargo issues. Plus, I live in the city and an SUV just makes more sense for the driving and trips I go on. I've only had it for less than a day but I love it so far.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really appreciate your views on this! Which fusion sport were you driving? I'm coming off of a 2018 lease with Sync 3 and am just so excited to have this for some long road trips, I'm just gonna miss the 300+ hp.
I was driving a fully loaded 2012 Fusion Sport...the last year before they switched the design. That V6 engine had 263 horsepower and 249 lb-ft of torque. While my old car was very fun to drive and had excellent handling, it was slow off the jump. My BL+BL with 250 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque literally feels more powerful off the jump. I have yet to push it to see how it handles anything above 80mph, but I'm constantly reminding myself that I didn't buy this for that. I wanted to trade in my speed demon days for 4X4 assurance in the snow and additional room for transport storage. I'm definitely at peace with my decision.

I also know that if I need to...a flick of the wrist to Sport mode will allow me to get in someone's ass if they look at me sideways at a red light...:cwl:

mikennat

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So what I did was drove in Sport, without over reving the engine, or trying to redline it, for miles 250-500(ish) and then 800-900 <Pedal very light, engine responsive pretty much immediately, feels snappy and engaging, rpm around 2500-3500>
Then in eco mode for about 500-700(ish), <Pedal feels heavier, engine does respond, but isn't in a rush, feels like earth day with your granny, but if you hammer that pedal, still responds, just takes a moment, rpm around 1000-2500>
Normal mode was miles 40-250 and then 700-800(ish). <Feels like it sounds. Normal. Too be honest, Eco and Normal felt pretty similar in that neither felt like what I wanted. Which is sports mode. Someone else could prolly give a better comparison between these two. rpm around 1500-2500>
Those are ishes cause the miles aren't exact and I had some offroading in there too which added miles. The rpm is a rating from where you will be in idle, to where the engine would rev up under reasonable conditions for the mode you are in.
You can get eco mode up to 4000 rpm+ it is just gonna take more input from you to get it there.
I feel like I drove a good mix of the modes for the first 1000 miles.
So Buck was out of comissision from last Sunday (4/18) -(4/25). So yesterday(Monday 4/26) was the first time I drove in a week, and to be honest the first 10 miles or so... it felt off. I just didn't feel the snap, or rush I had been experiencing, and I was thinking, "Well its been a week since you drove it... Maybe the new car thrill is worn off. It's still awesome and punchy."
Theeeenn I got to a red light, the engine went into auto start/stop and it dawned on me.
"I'm in normal mode."
I reached on down and flicked that nob, and when the light turned green I just lightly started to engage that pedal....
Man the endorphins that jumped from the accelerator and shot up my leg to my brain put the most shit eating grin on my face. As Buck built up momentum and started to get moving that "Built Wild" thrill filled me up like it was the first time.
I LOVE that sport mode. I'ma be in it 80% of the time. (responsibly of course) Damn the MPG. lol

Ford Bronco Sport Confessions of a Week-Long Badlands Owner IMG_3531[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Confessions of a Week-Long Badlands Owner IMG_3531[1].JPG
How did you get that view on the dash. That looks great.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I have an Edge ST and the 2.0 in the BS pulls almost as hard off the line. I think they're ~5.5 and 5.9 seconds 0-60, respectively.

The only thing I would note is the understeer seems a lot more noticeable in the BS than the Edge ST when you really hammer the accelerator. If a potential buyer needs more juice than the 2.0 in the BS offers, a subcompact SUV probably isn't what they should be shopping for.

Last edited:

Gunther706

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have an Edge ST and the 2.0 in the BS pulls almost as hard off the line. I think they're ~5.5 and 5.9 seconds 0-60, respectively.

The only thing I would note is the understeer seems a lot more noticeable in the BS than the Edge ST when you really hammer the accelerator. If a potential buyer needs more juice than the 2.0 in the BS offers, a subcompact SUV probably isn't what they should be shopping for.
Good to know! I actually got a chance to run a short auto-cross in an Edge ST (I know, I know), and it did really well, but had some trouble because the tires on it were already toasted.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
We picked up our Badlands Sport 4 days ago. Alto Blue as well, I think fully loaded with everything else except the cargo management add-ons and no fender flares or mud flap extras. Really like the way this thing drives and handles. It’s like a little truck. I wish they would have given us Sync 4 and I’m not sure why they didn’t since it’s goin into their other new vehicles, including the full size Bronco. Not that Sync 3 is bad, but it’s just not the newest and I’d really like wireless CarPlay/Android And the improved compatibility for music playlists and other little features.

Not sure I understand why, especially on the top trim, we don’t have power seat/ mirror memory and a garage door opener? I’ve seen some really lame excuses presented by the community as to why they’re not included. But let’s face it, it’s a major oversight from Ford, especially for the opener. Something their mid-level and up trims on ALL their other vehicles offer or even includes by default.

Anyway, those are the extent of my complaints. This little SUV has a lot going for it and it’s rapidly becoming one of my favorite Fords of all time.

Ford Bronco Sport Confessions of a Week-Long Badlands Owner sport

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Really like the way this thing drives and handles. It’s like a little truck.
The way Ford designed the Sport to feel like a mini-truck is pretty clever and still trips me up when I'm backing out -- I instinctively want to handle it like my old F-150. In the small unibody SUV category, I haven't driven anything quite like it.
Sponsored

Last edited: