RaffaUSMC

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just wanted to share my experience for anybody who finds a similar issue. On sunday, I was driving to dentford, NJ from wilmington, DE using mostly I-95. I was in the far left lane when somebody who looked as if they were merging off onto an exit cut back in and almost collided with me. I slammed on my brakes and heard a bang from what i thought was the engine bay or front of the vehicle, but now i believe to be a circuit breaker in the body control module or pcm. The vehicle then showed a few error messages including blind spot system faults before cutting all power to the vehicle except a message on the center display stating "Vehicle Communication Network Error" or something like that. I looked for a while and I did not have tools with me to disconnect the battery and try to reset the system so i disconnected the Body control Module under the passenger footwell and reconnected. It then started up like there was never an issue. If i had to guess, it was either a pin loose in the bcm or just an unusual communication network bug that probably wont come back. Either way, I wanted to document this for others in case it is not just my vehicle. if any of you have questions i am open to elaborate and try to save somebody a tow truck bill.
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Thanks for this information. How did you access the BCM in the footwell? Not to mention how did you know it was there!