Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
Does anyone know of a company building a cold air induction system for the 2021 Bronco Sport 1.5 Dragon.
Sponsored

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Do you think the stock system is restrictive?
Not trying to be snarky but over the years I've done a few intake upgrades and the only measurable difference has been intake noise. When paired with other engine upgrades they begin to matter.

OP
OP
Power Man

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fossil,
Yes I do...the box that most manufactures provide are just allowing air to be sucked in through a flat filter...which is also limited by the 2” x 5” opening at the front of vehicle Feeding the box. Most aftermarket cold air systems use a round filter maximizing the amount of air taken in. I am an old tractor puller who had engines that ran on nitro alcohol. Trust me...the more air you can get to an engine means more torque and HP. I use them on my twin turbo F150, my Mustang, and our Fiesta. All of them have about a 15% increase in HP and fuel mileage. ITG Maxogen makes one for Fiesta I3. It appears it might work. With the1.5dragon at 185 HP...a good cold air system would take it to about 200. That would help a lot. Thanks for your comments.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Power Man
Now you just sound like a parts salesman. 15% with a CAI, I call bs.

I'll remind you of my last comment "When paired with other engine upgrades they begin to matter. "

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
If it gave 15% better mpgs it would come like that from the factory.
As an air filter becomes dirty the throttle body compensates. So if you open things up the ECU will throttle back to maintain the correct air fuel mixture.
They got a good ECU flash out for the 2.0 Liter I hear... It's in this forum.
I suspect one will come for the Dragon,

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport OB / Focus RS
Does anyone know of a company building a cold air induction system for the 2021 Bronco Sport 1.5 Dragon.
I don't think the term "Cold" air intake applies to any turbo'd engine. The cold side of the turbo is only every going to be ambient temp. And then it spikes once under compression.

It's the air temp post intercooler that matters. Look into getting better intercooler, if you want lower Temps.

Looking to the stock set up. The most that can be done, right now is a filter and replacing the corrugated rubber hose with a silicone coupler.

Filter - increase of volume of air.
Silicone - less turbulent air flow, there by increase flow.
HP/Trq - who the F knows.

With the increase of air flow, the main benefit is the turbo will spool sooner and start making boost lower in Rev range.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
You may get a 1-2% increase , which is not enough for me to purchase a complete system , saying that , I like K&N Filters , but will probably not get one for the 1.5 BS.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
How much hp you gain with aftermarket intake depends on how restrictive stock intake is. If the stock air box intake is not restrictive bolting on aftermarket intake wont add power. I owned SRT4 bought new and it was well known stock air box was not restricted on that particular car and aftermarket intakes added no power as in zero increase.

I run K&N drop in on '16 F150 did not notice difference. But orig paper filter could see lot of day light through it looked like it flowed pretty good so prob wasn't causing restriction hence no noticable improvement.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I tossed a K&N filter in there and called it a day.

Now if MagnaFlow will just release their catback...

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Same here, I got the drop in K&N and called it a wrap. Saw slightly increased mpg and a little bit more throttle response. Also, with the 1.5, I noticed that the engine bay gets really dirty from mud, sand, dirt, and so on. I would stick with the original system as it is the cleanest and safest for the engine. I’m waiting for a snorkel system to come out. I think they could do it through the driver side fender where the plastic molding is.

OP
OP
Power Man

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, it sounds like my thoughts don’t sit well with most of the forum responses. Being an old tractor puller, running a bird catcher on nitro alcohol…351 small block engine that recorded 674 HP on the dino, I do no what I am talking about. And no, I am not a salesmen, but on my own, I found a great armaspeed product that is perfect for the Bronco Sport. Ordered 3 weels ago, still waiting.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
How much hp you gain with aftermarket intake depends on how restrictive stock intake is. If the stock air box intake is not restrictive bolting on aftermarket intake wont add power. I owned SRT4 bought new and it was well known stock air box was not restricted on that particular car and aftermarket intakes added no power as in zero increase.

I run K&N drop in on '16 F150 did not notice difference. But orig paper filter could see lot of day light through it looked like it flowed pretty good so prob wasn't causing restriction hence no noticable improvement.
dude, i had an 04 srt4. and you are right, stock airbox is stellar. man i wish i kept that car. that thing was a bullet, stage 3 with toys. dynod 393 hp 411 tq.

on the bronco sport, i honestly wouldnt touch the intake system. warranty plus its not really a performance car.
Sponsored