P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mkz, 2011 F150 FX4, 1975 MGB
Would asking in person be better or over the phone suffice?
My dealer of 30 years told me they cannot get an accurate Vincent until point of sale. When you go to pickup your vehicle, before you agree or sign anything ask them to run the Vincent report, a honest dealer will gladly show you the report. When you sign all your paperwork there should be a document you sign that has available incentives.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
My dealer of 30 years told me they cannot get an accurate Vincent until point of sale. When you go to pickup your vehicle, before you agree or sign anything ask them to run the Vincent report, a honest dealer will gladly show you the report. When you sign all your paperwork there should be a document you sign that has available incentives.
Maybe that is what the salesperson was referring to. Having to be ready to purchase vehicle to see all incentives. I just don’t want to miss out on something that will make the this purchase that much sweeter.

What irks me is that he seemed short tempered, did not explain well, and I do not want to deal with that. I just want concrete answers and info.

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe that is what the salesperson was referring to. Having to be ready to purchase vehicle to see all incentives. I just don’t want to miss out on something that will make the this purchase that much sweeter.

What irks me is that he seemed short tempered, did not explain well, and I do not want to deal with that. I just want concrete answers and info.
All incentives and bonus cash offers are done through ford, and will show up on the vincent. Unless the dealer is offering some sort of cash offer. I would not worry about it. When I began buying new cars I was always skeptical of wrong doing by the dealer. I have never had any bad experiences buying a (NEW) car. My best advice would be to educate yourself as much as possible on incentives and the value of your car if your trading. Used to have fun trying to get a better deal off invoice but that's all changed, now it's msrp.

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon

Dude you are giving your salesman way to much benefit of the doubt. He sounds like a putz, go ask his manager what the deal is. I wouldn't waste a 2nf of my time based on your later comments about buying now.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
The incentive wasn't on my paperwork at first, but as soon as showed them the screen shot I got off the forum, they apologized for missing it and added it on. In my case, I know that it was an honest mistake and not anything nefarious. I have been doing business with my sales person for 24 years. Take the screen shot from the post above, so that they have the campaign # for the incentive. Stand your ground on this.

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I just saved the info from Ford site to a PDF. Easy enough to show if needed.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That would be correct. It’s not accurate until the day you purchase. Incentives come and go. Based on the commercials, you have incentive protection. The point being is they want you to order because they don’t want you going to another brand in case they have something on the lot.

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be correct. It’s not accurate until the day you purchase. Incentives come and go. Based on the commercials, you have incentive protection. The point being is they want you to order because they don’t want you going to another brand in case they have something on the lot.
I decided to sell my trade-in because prices are beginning to drop. A Volkswagen dealer was the highest bidder. While doing the paperwork I asked the manager where his new cars are and he said they don't have any, not one. And any that show up are sold. Crazy times.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to sell my trade-in because prices are beginning to drop. A Volkswagen dealer was the highest bidder. While doing the paperwork I asked the manager where his new cars are and he said they don't have any, not one. And any that show up are sold. Crazy times.
Exactly! The custom order incentive probably won’t go away any time soon. It’s meant to incentivize those shopping and on the fence. It’s a discount for those that had already decided what they wanted and could/can custom order and wait.

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly! The custom order incentive probably won’t go away any time soon. It’s meant to incentivize those shopping and on the fence. It’s a discount for those that had already decided what they wanted and could/can custom order and wait.
I didn't know the 1k cash was available when I placed my order so it was a pleasant surprise when I found out. With all the price increases and 1k cash, I will hang in there till I get my now bargain.

OP
OP

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
The incentive wasn't on my paperwork at first, but as soon as showed them the screen shot I got off the forum, they apologized for missing it and added it on. In my case, I know that it was an honest mistake and not anything nefarious. I have been doing business with my sales person for 24 years. Take the screen shot from the post above, so that they have the campaign # for the incentive. Stand your ground on this.
They added it to your custom build sheet or did you purchase vehicle recently?

OP
OP

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
What I’m trying to figure out is if the salesperson can add the incentive already to the custom build that has already been confirmed. I have date scheduled for build and VIN.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I’m trying to figure out is if the salesperson can add the incentive already to the custom build that has already been confirmed. I have date scheduled for build and VIN.
There is no need to “add” it to your order. It will come up at the point you get your final paperwork to sign. It will show up as a discount. It won’t show up in the order paperwork because it depends on what’s available at the time of purchase plus what was in existence at the time of ordering. Just going in with the knowledge that you are getting at least an additional 1k off because you custom ordered. There could be other incentives available at the time of signing but at a minimum, you will get the 1k.

Your window sticker will show the current pricing. Bring you original order documents with you. You only should pay the price you ordered at, not the current price. Ford takes care of the difference, not the dealer.

OP
OP

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
There is no need to “add” it to your order. It will come up at the point you get your final paperwork to sign. It will show up as a discount. It won’t show up in the order paperwork because it depends on what’s available at the time of purchase plus what was in existence at the time of ordering. Just going in with the knowledge that you are getting at least an additional 1k off because you custom ordered. There could be other incentives available at the time of signing but at a minimum, you will get the 1k.

Your window sticker will show the current pricing. Bring you original order documents with you. You only should pay the price you ordered at, not the current price. Ford takes care of the difference, not the dealer.
Thank you for this and everyone’s else’s reply’s and information. This alleviates much of my concern. Hopefully others who have viewed this thread find the information as useful as I have.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
They added it to your custom build sheet or did you purchase vehicle recently?
Mine was a custom build. I ordered 9/9/21, built 12/7/21, delivered 1/10/22. The incentive was added to the sales paperwork at delivery.
Sponsored