ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm at 15k now on my BS BL; gotten oil changes every 5k and have done my "maintenance service" as suggested by the dealer at different mileage intervals. After my last visit I noticed when my buddy was looking underneath the vehicle he pointed out I was missing the front driver side stud and torx screw for my skid plate. ? maybe they missed it or they weren't tightened enough and worked themselves out ?‍♂
So I brought it in today just for an oil change; and mentioned it to the service guy when checking in. Told him idk what happened; not sure if you have them or if I need to pay and order them I just want to rectify it. Yeah no problem we will take care of it I'm sure we have extras laying around the garage. So I go to leave and quickly glance underneath and now I only have 2 torx screws holding the front plastic onto the skid plate ?‍♂? wtf.
So I guess from now on I have to check my dealers work for simple shit like oil changes.
With that front flap hanging imagine something getting caught and ripping the whole plastic out or pull the corner of the skid plate down.

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws Screenshot_20211118-115143_Gallery
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I'm at 15k now on my BS BL; gotten oil changes every 5k and have done my "maintenance service" as suggested by the dealer at different mileage intervals. After my last visit I noticed when my buddy was looking underneath the vehicle he pointed out I was missing the front driver side stud and torx screw for my skid plate. ? maybe they missed it or they weren't tightened enough and worked themselves out ?‍♂
So I brought it in today just for an oil change; and mentioned it to the service guy when checking in. Told him idk what happened; not sure if you have them or if I need to pay and order them I just want to rectify it. Yeah no problem we will take care of it I'm sure we have extras laying around the garage. So I go to leave and quickly glance underneath and now I only have 2 torx screws holding the front plastic onto the skid plate ?‍♂? wtf.
So I guess from now on I have to check my dealers work for simple shit like oil changes.
With that front flap hanging imagine something getting caught and ripping the whole plastic out or pull the corner of the skid plate down.

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws Screenshot_20211118-115143_Gallery
Maybe we should keep a supply at home. Got the specs on those screws and the stud With pics?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This is why I still do my own oil changes. I'm 74.
I just picked up my new BS BL yesterday. While doing the final walkaround inspection before driving off I opened the hood and checked the oil. The salesperson looked at me a little funny, but there's no way I would accept a new vehicle without checking the oil. Sure, if there's no oil and the engine seizes on the way home it'd be the dealer's fault, but who needs that kind of hassle?

OP
OP
ChefDank

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This is why I still do my own oil changes. I'm 74.
I hear ya; me too until I had back surgery. Bought an oil extractor a ways back but left it at the inlaws. Going to be getting that back ASAP

OP
OP
ChefDank

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Maybe we should keep a supply at home. Got the specs on those screws and the stud With pics?
I'll post the part numbers when I get them from the parts guy. I am going to order a few to keep in the arm console (you never know)
T-30 for the torx screws
1/2" socket for the studs

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws 20211118_133859

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws 20211118_133855

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws 20211118_133920

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws 20211118_133846

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I'll be doing mine myself
Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws PXL_20211204_145531469

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws PXL_20211219_201225860

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Reactions: MJE

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I'll post the part numbers when I get them from the parts guy. I am going to order a few to keep in the arm console (you never know)
T-30 for the torx screws
1/2" socket for the studs

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws 20211118_133859

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws 20211118_133855

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws 20211118_133920

Ford Bronco Sport Check your skid plate studs and torx screws 20211118_133846
Did you ever get the part number for the T30 screws? Dealership lost mine so like you I'd like to have a couple extras

lbjailer

First Edition
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F150 Lariat 4X4, Bronco Sport First Edition
I went to Lowes and got replacement bolts for my Bronco. I was also missing the nut plate on the front skid. With a suggestion from a forum member I purchased a Rivet Nut tool from Amazon and installed it into the frame. Without it I would not have been able to install the aftermarket skid. The bolts are 8mm-1.25 If you need replacement torx screw you can find it at hardware store if they have the measument plates you can figure out the size and buy replacements.
Sponsored