Changing from Jeep Compass to Ford Bronco Sport

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
As I said in the other post, wife had a compass and she liked it. I feel the sport has more interior space, it's better designed for comfort and off road capability. The suspension is more responsive and has better ground clearance. I personally can't think of a single thing I liked about the jeep vs the bronco. Felt the sport was better in every capacity.

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
I came from a Compass Trailhawk to BS this month.

OK that here in Brazil we have a different powertrain in the Compass from what you have in US (2.4 gasoline vs 2.0 turbo diesel), but, my cons:

- seats and leg space are better in Compass
- I miss somethings (like can see a/c temperature whenever I want)

but I'm love with the BS..

design is awesome,
360+ is great
GOAT is better than selecterrain

and much, much more power!!!!

Last edited:

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I recently drove a compass for a week and put like 500mi on it and wrote up my experience. I agree with Rodrigo though, compass has better seats..and that’s about it, the Sport is a better car.

OP
OP
Pothole is offroad
First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Polo
I came from a Compass Trailhawk do BS this month.

OK that here in Brazil we have a differente powertrain in the Compass from what you have in US (2.4 gasoline vs 2.0 turbo diesel), but, my cons:

- seats and leg space are better in Compass
- I miss somethings (like can see a/c temperature whenever I want)

but I'm love with the BS..

design is awesome,
360+ is great
GOAT is better than selecterrain

and much, much more power!!!!
I am from Brazil too.
The main reason I am choosing the Bronco is because where I live we have very bad highways. Even if they are main roads, connecting important places, they are usually very bad, only one lane per direction and full of potholes, imperfections, undulations and sharp turns.
I have a small VW Polo and driving it in these roads few unsafe, very bumpy and full of hard strikes in the suspension and sometimes flat tires. With a Compass, from a family member, it was much better.
Regarding the comfort and security in these situations do you think which one is better, Bronco or Compass?
How both compare regarding internal space, mainly regarding rearseats legroom? And what about performance in sharp turns? I read somewhere that the Bronco Sport was a little bit "bouncy" in these situations.
Thank you.

OP
OP
Pothole is offroad
First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Polo
I recently drove a compass for a week and put like 500mi on it and wrote up my experience. I agree with Rodrigo though, compass has better seats..and that’s about it, the Sport is a better car.
Thanks! What about potholes/bad roads situations and rearspace legroom, how do you think they compare?

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
I am from Brazil too.
The main reason I am choosing the Bronco is because where I live we have very bad highways. Even if they are main roads, connecting important places, they are usually very bad, only one lane per direction and full of potholes, imperfections, undulations and sharp turns.
I have a small VW Polo and driving it in these roads few unsafe, very bumpy and full of hard strikes in the suspension and sometimes flat tires. With a Compass, from a family member, it was much better.
Regarding the comfort and security in these situations do you think which one is better, Bronco or Compass?
How both compare regarding internal space, mainly regarding rearseats legroom? And what about performance in sharp turns? I read somewhere that the Bronco Sport was a little bit "bouncy" in these situations.
Thank you.
Hi. In this situation, as I said, Compass seats are better and some workmates that have lunch with me everyday say that they had more legspace in the Compass. The trunk space in both is not more than enough (it's not the best aspect in neither of them), a negative point in the BS for me is the absens of a cover hiding my bags.

On the road, both perform well (I use to drive between 120 and 140 km/h) ... with no bad surprises.... Just drove it uphill on BR376 from Joinville to Curitba and it did it flawless.... Just loving my 253hp, much better than my old "Stage 1" Compass (+/- 200hp).

Still about comfort, BS is much more silent, Bang & Olufsen is awesome and I'm loving the 360+ ADAS.

You won't regret.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks! What about potholes/bad roads situations and rearspace legroom, how do you think they compare?
Potholes it’ll be fine, bad roads…it could use some more clearance, I was a scrapping on pretty ordinary side roads. If you go slow it’ll be fine. The 4wd works as advertised.

In the long run I’m certain the sport will be better on the roads you described.

Rear legroom, I didn’t have anyone in the back but it felt like there was more room? I imagine if you compare the cars dimensions it’ll give you a better comparison.

The sport is known for being a bit tight in back so I imagine the compass has more space.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I rented one for a couple of weeks 2 years ago or so and found it didn't have the acceleration of the Bronco, nor did it have the gas economy, but it did have a little more storage room in the back.

It was one of the things that led me to buying a Bronco.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
The Compass didn't do it for me on test rides. Felt unresponsive on the road and didn't like the ride on dirt roads. Styling wasn't great either. My wife kept saying the "X" tail lights made it look like a dead cartoon character. Now I can't unsee it.

Edit - (It's the renegade she thought the tail lights looked like a dead cartoon character. )

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The Compass didn't do it for me on test rides. Felt unresponsive on the road and didn't like the ride on dirt roads. Styling wasn't great either. My wife kept saying the "X" tail lights made it look like a dead cartoon character. Now I can't unsee it.
Aren't the X taillights the renegade? Doesn't matter, neither are the sport.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Aren't the X taillights the renegade? Doesn't matter, neither are the sport.
Yes, you are correct. It's the renegade she thought the tail lights looked like a dead cartoon character.
Sponsored