nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
Has anyone self changed their brake pads? I've decided I don't feel like dealing with my Ford service department, and don't have the ability to give up my car for the time period for them to fix them...

Sooo, are they screw-in calipers? Normal push-in? Wondering how difficult of a job I'm setting myself up for.

Thanks!

Also, if there is another thread for this, my apologies. I didn't see one posted.
Sponsored

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Just pull a wheel and look. Take 2 min

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Be careful with the electric parking brake. There is a lot of information about how to put the parking brake into maintenance mode for other model Fords, but I have seen anything specific to the Bronco Sport yet. I tried the method described in this video and it works for my car.

OP
OP
nch5013

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
fronts? there may be a recall. freebeeeee

OP
OP
nch5013

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
fronts? there may be a recall. freebeeeee
Rears. There is. But finding time to get into the dealer, and how long they keep my car, etc isn't worth it. I'd rather 60 bucks for the pads and the halfhour to change them on a weekend than the dealer service headache.

MotaBike Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 2008 Nissan 350z
Just make sure to put the rear parking brake in maintenance mode, and other than that it should be the standard affair of doing brakes.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Has anyone self changed their brake pads? I've decided I don't feel like dealing with my Ford service department, and don't have the ability to give up my car for the time period for them to fix them...

Sooo, are they screw-in calipers? Normal push-in? Wondering how difficult of a job I'm setting myself up for.

Thanks!

Also, if there is another thread for this, my apologies. I didn't see one posted.
Do your brakes like Frank Dux eats his breakfast ... https://static3.srcdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Bloodsport-Flashback.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370&dpr=1.5 740w

OP
OP
nch5013

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
Brakes changed! Maintenance mode was easy to toggle on and off. Longest part of the whole thing was jacking the dang car up with the jack they give you. Backed out of the driveway, no squeal. 🤞 it fixed it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Brakes changed! Maintenance mode was easy to toggle on and off. Longest part of the whole thing was jacking the dang car up with the jack they give you. Backed out of the driveway, no squeal. 🤞 it fixed it.
Excellent news! I love a good success story.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
What brake pad brand/model did you use?

OP
OP
nch5013

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
What brake pad brand/model did you use?
The FoMoCo. Couldn't find aftermarket. Rockauto had the best deal on them, ~30 bucks cheaper than Ford. BRF1954.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Thanks!

I have to ask, how many miles does your BS have with already having to do brake pads already?

OP
OP
nch5013

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
I have to ask, how many miles does your BS have with already having to do brake pads already?
~26k. There is/was a recall. I just chose less hassle of doing them myself instead of trying to get in to the dealer. I'm pretty rural, commute far and didn't feel like having to find a good time, worrying about a loaner vehicle, etc. Took me less than hour start to finish - with a break in between to feed my animals.

I will say, that they weren't so worn in that I would be concerned with the braking... BUT gosh were they noisy. Whale dying noisy.
Sponsored

Last edited: