jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Took my Cyber Orange FE to Carmax a little over a week ago to see what they would give for it. I bought it mid Feb and it has almost 15k on the odo. They looked it over w/o taking it for a test ride and about 15 mins after they were done I had an offer of $42k, which is $2k more than I paid for it and I’ve been driving it for almost a year. ?

I’m most likely going to take them up on it. The BS is fine it’s just the vehicle that I’m looking for. If I trade it in w/Carmax I won’t have to pay NYS sales tax on the first $41k or not at all if I purchase something less than my trade-in value so that adds to the value of my trade-in imo.
Sponsored

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
If you are not happy, or just taking advantage of this crazy market, Do It.
Funny how different franchises have different thoughts on used values. CarMax in October offered me $16,300 for my 2014 Mustang V6 Convertible 29600 miles. Two days later local CARVANA offered $22638. Big difference, went with CARVANA of course. 5 days later Mustang was on CARVANA web site for $24650 and sold in 4 days. (Someone got a very nice Mustang)

Last edited:

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
Yep.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Similar with me. The explorer has been a fine car but not the one I’m looking to keep long term. Bought for different reasons when things in my life were different. Now is definitely the time with this crazy used market to make a change to something that works for you.

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Took my Cyber Orange FE to Carmax a little over a week ago to see what they would give for it. I bought it mid Feb and it has almost 15k on the odo. They looked it over w/o taking it for a test ride and about 15 mins after they were done I had an offer of $42k, which is $2k more than I paid for it and I’ve been driving it for almost a year. ?

I’m most likely going to take them up on it. The BS is fine it’s just the vehicle that I’m looking for. If I trade it in w/Carmax I won’t have to pay NYS sales tax on the first $41k or not at all if I purchase something less than my trade-in value so that adds to the value of my trade-in imo.
I took my CO FE a few weeks ago and they offered me 45k. Pretty crazy. I've decided to stick it out with my big Bronco order even though it might take a year.

Are you getting something from CarMax? What are you wanting to get?

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
CarMax offered me only 38k for my BL/BL a few days ago which is a little less than I paid. I have 13k miles on it.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I took my CO FE a few weeks ago and they offered me 45k. Pretty crazy. I've decided to stick it out with my big Bronco order even though it might take a year.

Are you getting something from CarMax? What are you wanting to get?
Probably an FJ Cruiser, I’ve always wanted one.
Sponsored