Cargo Management System: Late Availability...

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
According to my dealer (and the configurator), the "Cargo Management System" is a Late Availability item. There is no information in their systems about what it is and if it is something that must be ordered now, through the factory, or if it can be added later.

Questions
  • What is the cargo management system? I am assuming it is that little shelf unit that sort of slides out and has legs.
  • Does anyone know if it can be ordered later or if it must come from the factory? (I could imaging the after market having things like this...)
  • Any thoughts about waiting on this, causing a delayed order? (It seems a shame to put it late in the queue for a $110 item).
Sponsored

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
It's a factory installed item. I doubt there will be any aftermarket system that has the slide out flat tray, and the fold out "table" for the B-sport anytime soon. Even if they did exist, it won't be covered by warranty. It's an integrated system, and probably works well.

(Watch any of the Bronco Sport videos on YouTube which shows it in greater detail)

Also watch this at the 2:22 mark: it shows the cargo management system:
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/permalink.html?VideoId=6170909072001

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System: Late Availability... 1596156972696

Last edited:
OP
OP
JamesT

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You confirmed my decision, to go ahead. If it takes an extra month or two, in the grand scheme of things that is not a big deal. Thank you, @Washburn !

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
You confirmed my decision, to go ahead. If it takes an extra month or two, in the grand scheme of things that is not a big deal. Thank you, @Washburn !
You're very welcome.
It's an item I'd also definitely need when I get a Bronco Sport. I think it's pretty nifty, and practical.

weekndr

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 XLT, 2016 Porsche GT4, 1990 Porsche Carrera 2
I removed this on my order to hopefully prevent a delayed production slot.

Reachn4dreams

Outer Banks
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Area 51
Argh. I hope this is available as an accessory eventually. I really can see value in it

MichaelGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Argh. I hope this is available as an accessory eventually. I really can see value in it
It's a factory option, not avail as an accessory.

The side panels in the storage compartment are different to accommodate the shelf and its different positions.

One could conceivably retro-fit the panels and shelf but it'd be costly and time consuming.

OP
OP
JamesT

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The side panels in the storage compartment are different to accommodate the shelf and its different positions.

One could conceivably retro-fit the panels and shelf but it'd be costly and time consuming.
It is very nice to have and I am glad we got it even though it meant some delay. If you are like me, I'm planning to have the BS/BL with us for a long time so it is better to get something that you like for the long haul than just to get something quick and have some regrets.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The main reason I did not get it was the open slot corners midway of the system supports on the sides. I pictured my dog tripping and losing an eye on one of those slot edges When it was not being used (stored) and she was in the back. Or getting a leg into it, etc. getting something caught or hit in the slot.

Last edited:

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2

I seem to remember this question being asked before in another post. While it can be installed afterward the cost of all the parts needed was over $1000. If you really want it , order it from the factory. I ordered my OB with it and find it useful. Here is the link to the discussion of the cost of doing the cargo system after you get the car. Broncosportforum.com

Last edited:

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I have this on my BL that I bought off the lot. I don't make much use of it and I need to remove if I have a larger cooler or two in the back.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
I seem to remember this question being asked before in another post. While it can be installed afterward the cost of all the parts needed was over $1000. If you really want it , order it from the factory. I ordered my OB with it and find it useful. Here is the link to the discussion of the cost of doing the cargo system after you get the car. Broncosportforum.com
I have this in my OB too. I didn’t realize the system included more than the table. Do people w/o the system have a different cargo area?

I have this on my BL that I bought off the lot. I don't make much use of it and I need to remove if I have a larger cooler or two in the back.
Also, you can slide it parallel against the seat back. Just push it towards the back and then down. That’s where I leave mine when not in use.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I have this in my OB too. I didn’t realize the system included more than the table. Do people w/o the system have a different cargo area?

Also, you can slide it parallel against the seat back. Just push it towards the back and then down. That’s where I leave mine when not in use.
Thanks. I'll try that next time.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2

The big difference are the side panels in the cargo area, they are different to accommodate the table\CMS. The panels have the grooves and latch holes for the CMS.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
The big difference are the side panels in the cargo area, they are different to accommodate the table\CMS. The panels have the grooves and latch holes for the CMS.
Interesting! I always assumed all BS had those same panels. Good to know - I’m definitely glad mine already had it from factory now.
Sponsored