Cargo Management System: Late Availability...

JamesT

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus, Canyon, Fiat Spider
According to my dealer (and the configurator), the "Cargo Management System" is a Late Availability item. There is no information in their systems about what it is and if it is something that must be ordered now, through the factory, or if it can be added later.

Questions
  • What is the cargo management system? I am assuming it is that little shelf unit that sort of slides out and has legs.
  • Does anyone know if it can be ordered later or if it must come from the factory? (I could imaging the after market having things like this...)
  • Any thoughts about waiting on this, causing a delayed order? (It seems a shame to put it late in the queue for a $110 item).

Washburn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
It's a factory installed item. I doubt there will be any aftermarket system that has the slide out flat tray, and the fold out "table" for the B-sport anytime soon. Even if they did exist, it won't be covered by warranty. It's an integrated system, and probably works well.

(Watch any of the Bronco Sport videos on YouTube which shows it in greater detail)

Also watch this at the 2:22 mark: it shows the cargo management system:
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/permalink.html?VideoId=6170909072001

1596156972696.png

Last edited:
OP

JamesT

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus, Canyon, Fiat Spider
You confirmed my decision, to go ahead. If it takes an extra month or two, in the grand scheme of things that is not a big deal. Thank you, @Washburn !

Washburn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
You confirmed my decision, to go ahead. If it takes an extra month or two, in the grand scheme of things that is not a big deal. Thank you, @Washburn !
You're very welcome.
It's an item I'd also definitely need when I get a Bronco Sport. I think it's pretty nifty, and practical.

weekndr

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 XLT, 2016 Porsche GT4, 1990 Porsche Carrera 2
I removed this on my order to hopefully prevent a delayed production slot.