Camera doesn't work for 2022 Bronco Sport

Saeng

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've got my 2022 BS Badlands last week. Within three days of owing this car the backup camera didn't work showing a blue screen and saying 'check with dealership'. Then the next day the front camera also didn't work with the same blue screen. I made an appointment with the dealership later this week. Hopefully they can be fixed easily. But disappointed it has the problem like this for the brand new car.
Sponsored

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
I've got my 2022 BS Badlands last week. Within three days of owing this car the backup camera didn't work showing a blue screen and saying 'check with dealership'. Then the next day the front camera also didn't work with the same blue screen. I made an appointment with the dealership later this week. Hopefully they can be fixed easily. But disappointed it has the problem like this for the brand new car.
Chips/components with chips ???

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Did it do it once? Or does it do it all the time? My explorer did that once, there was a recall on it actually (at least for that vehicle). Fixed & it did it once again, leading me to think the dealer didnā€™t perform the recall totally correctly, but now I havenā€™t been able to get it to do it again. Mine never said ā€˜check with dealershipā€™ though, it just literally showed a blue screen. Hopefully your fix is minor & all you have go with it.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Call the sales consultant... New car shouldn't have to wait for an appointment

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi there! This definitely doesnā€™t sound like the experience we want you to be havingā€“ If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and name & location of dealer. Iā€™d be happy to look into this for you. Thanks!

OP
OP

Saeng

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did it do it once? Or does it do it all the time? My explorer did that once, there was a recall on it actually (at least for that vehicle). Fixed & it did it once again, leading me to think the dealer didnā€™t perform the recall totally correctly, but now I havenā€™t been able to get it to do it again. Mine never said ā€˜check with dealershipā€™ though, it just literally showed a blue screen. Hopefully your fix is minor & all you have go with it.
It does it all the time. It's not working at all. I have to be careful whenever I do back up. I did some research and found there was a recall on backup camera issue for Ford trucks recently too. Below is the error message I get when I back up.

Ford Bronco Sport Camera doesn't work for 2022 Bronco Sport 1640728742902

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Oh wild! No mine never gave that error message, it was literally just a blank blue screen. It showed the backup camera too in the 360 overhead view (which the explorer does have) as just being a blue triangle. Hopefully itā€™s a quick easy warranty repair For you!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have to be careful whenever I do back up.
Not suggesting you shouldnā€™t be disappointed about a problem with your new car, but I drove cars for 35 years before I had one with a reverse camera and I never backed into anything. Youā€™ll be fine.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wondering if there is an update to this? I hope it's not Ford sending out cars missing features because of the chip shortage. I know of at least one other car manufacturer doing that.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Wondering if there is an update to this? I hope it's not Ford sending out cars missing features because of the chip shortage. I know of at least one other car manufacturer doing that.
They said it was working for first couple days then it broke. So not missing feature.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It does it all the time. It's not working at all. I have to be careful whenever I do back up. I did some research and found there was a recall on backup camera issue for Ford trucks recently too. Below is the error message I get when I back up.
Since it consistently doing it dealer will be able to fix it. Its the happens sometimes problems that dealers wont fix.

OP
OP

Saeng

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So I took it to a dealership. Even before they looked at it, he said they might need to place an order for parts. And then they disassembled parts and dash pieces and took a look at it for several hours. They couldn't find what the problem is and couldn't fix it. They asked me to leave the car in the dealership for a few days for more disassembling parts to look at it deeply and to know what they need to order. I was not comfortable about their capability. So I brought my car back and made an appointment with another dealership next week before I leave my car in the dealership for a longer repair. We'll see how it goes.

OP
OP

Saeng

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What is rice?

Also I think this is some sort of connection issue. It worked for the first couple of days. On the third day, it was rainy and snowy (based on my research, water leak can cause camera malfunction of on/off working. But mine is not working at all) I opened the cargo door and closed. It was not hard, but normal close. Then it stop working. Then the next day the front camera stop working too. So I feel this is connection issue.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What is rice?

Also I think this is some sort of connection issue. It worked for the first couple of days. On the third day, it was rainy and snowy (based on my research, water leak can cause camera malfunction of on/off working. But mine is not working at all) I opened the cargo door and closed. It was not hard, but normal close. Then it stop working. Then the next day the front camera stop working too. So I feel this is connection issue.
They were making a joke referencing people putting their water logged cell phone in a bag of rice to absorb the moisture.

Sounds like maybe there was a wire loose like you said. Seems strange the dealer wouldn't be able to figure that out though.
Sponsored