SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This is probably my last ditch effort to see if there is anything I can do. Gonna bounce some ideas off you guys and I'd love your input of where I should go from here.

I'm pretty fed up with the install of these. I love the way they look so if I can genuinely fix my issues with the fit, I want to use them. Just need help from those that might know more than me.

Try to keep this short:
Bought my first set from my local dealership last month but I had the existing issues I'm having now with the 2nd set. I haven't reached out to the dealership yet cause I've had the new flares for almost a month sitting in the box until this past weekend cause just poor timing, I went on vacation after getting the replacement set. Didn't know I had the same problem till now so I don't even know if I call this modification quits, if they'll even refund me at this point. So mad I didn't check these things out before leaving the state.

Anyway, the fenders don't sit flush to the vehicle, and a few of the clips don't even snap into place because there's too much material from the OEM wheel well trim to allow it to. I haven't even checked the front fenders cause I have splash guard/mudflaps that I'm going to have to modify in order for them to work together according to another owner on here.

Review the pics and tell me what you think:

Also including the pics here but the imgur link has explanations.

What should I do? I've thought about buying various sized u clips to fit the spots that will NOT fit. The holes are big enough that it looks like I can drill into the trim and have a screw fix it in place. I'm ok with making these flares a permanent modification. The flares not sticking to the side of the vehicle is by far the biggest issue and it has everything to do with the plastic "fork" on the underside of the fender that puts tension on the stock fender and scratches the $h!t out of it. I need to take a pic of it when I pull these off to fix it. Thinking about using a heatgun to adjust the prongs in order to give it the proper tension? Would 3M tape on the underside be better? I don't know where it would go though. The rubber lip is very thin and the only thing that touches your vehicle so I feel like there would be a gap...hmmm, I could plastidip the gap. Just thought of that.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. If you have these flares have you had the same thing happen? How did you fix it? I noticed that one of the back flares was a little loose when I checked it this morning. One of the ones that had no previous issues and that's just driving with it on for the past 2 days. This purchase may have just been a bad idea.

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151843

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151830

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151813

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151803

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151756
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
just curious and troubleshooting. Did you remove the OEM trim before attempting to install it? Or is this over the top of the trim that comes on the vehicle from the factory?

OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
just curious and troubleshooting. Did you remove the OEM trim before attempting to install it? Or is this over the top of the trim that comes on the vehicle from the factory?
You just install it right on top of the factory trim. According to the instructions you get with them anyway. Probably important to mention that every dealership in my area are completely incompetent on installing aftermarket parts. Not one of the 6 that exist here received any kind of training on this or any other of the many products that are available to order. Really frustrating.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This is probably my last ditch effort to see if there is anything I can do. Gonna bounce some ideas off you guys and I'd love your input of where I should go from here.

I'm pretty fed up with the install of these. I love the way they look so if I can genuinely fix my issues with the fit, I want to use them. Just need help from those that might know more than me.

Try to keep this short:
Bought my first set from my local dealership last month but I had the existing issues I'm having now with the 2nd set. I haven't reached out to the dealership yet cause I've had the new flares for almost a month sitting in the box until this past weekend cause just poor timing, I went on vacation after getting the replacement set. Didn't know I had the same problem till now so I don't even know if I call this modification quits, if they'll even refund me at this point. So mad I didn't check these things out before leaving the state.

Anyway, the fenders don't sit flush to the vehicle, and a few of the clips don't even snap into place because there's too much material from the OEM wheel well trim to allow it to. I haven't even checked the front fenders cause I have splash guard/mudflaps that I'm going to have to modify in order for them to work together according to another owner on here.

Review the pics and tell me what you think:

Also including the pics here but the imgur link has explanations.

What should I do? I've thought about buying various sized u clips to fit the spots that will NOT fit. The holes are big enough that it looks like I can drill into the trim and have a screw fix it in place. I'm ok with making these flares a permanent modification. The flares not sticking to the side of the vehicle is by far the biggest issue and it has everything to do with the plastic "fork" on the underside of the fender that puts tension on the stock fender and scratches the $h!t out of it. I need to take a pic of it when I pull these off to fix it. Thinking about using a heatgun to adjust the prongs in order to give it the proper tension? Would 3M tape on the underside be better? I don't know where it would go though. The rubber lip is very thin and the only thing that touches your vehicle so I feel like there would be a gap...hmmm, I could plastidip the gap. Just thought of that.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. If you have these flares have you had the same thing happen? How did you fix it? I noticed that one of the back flares was a little loose when I checked it this morning. One of the ones that had no previous issues and that's just driving with it on for the past 2 days. This purchase may have just been a bad idea.

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151843

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151830

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151813

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151803

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151756
Yeah I would go the route the other fender flares use; 3m double-sided tape. I think fixing the clip part won't eliminate the small gaps at the top of the flare where it meets the body. Good luck either way; please update your solution. I've wanted flares but have held off due to these issues.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
in their rush to get a B Sport product out they made crap. your issue is with Bushwacker first and then the dealer selling an untested product. hit Bushwacker up for a solution.
good luck.

WillM1994

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Cactus Gray
I've got the same ones on mine and had no issues with them being installed or any fit issues

OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've got the same ones on mine and had no issues with them being installed or any fit issues
That's great to hear. I'm currently 0/2 so probably reach out to bushwacker.

nd2432

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
That's great to hear. I'm currently 0/2 so probably reach out to bushwacker.
Is it possible your BS already has the satin black fender flares on it? All BS have a black "fender flare" but there is one that is very similar to the standard trim.

https://accessories.ford.com/moulding-13009.html#2021/Bronco Sport

Maybe yours came with this and needs to be removed? If you've tried installing two of them and no one else has had issues I'm leaning towards either user error or something with your vehicle is different.

OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Is it possible your BS already has the satin black fender flares on it? All BS have a black "fender flare" but there is one that is very similar to the standard trim.

https://accessories.ford.com/moulding-13009.html#2021/Bronco Sport

Maybe yours came with this and needs to be removed? If you've tried installing two of them and no one else has had issues I'm leaning towards either user error or something with your vehicle is different.
Just good ole stock trim everyone else has. I need to take a pic of the inside of the fender to show people the "fork" thing that is supposed to allow the correct amount of pressure for it to stay in place. It's not even all of the flares. Just the most forward door flares on each side at the rear. My first set i didn't even run into an issue on the driver side. Just passenger. But I haven't even tried the front on both sets. But here's my Badlands without flares. You can see the inch or so of the silver that those flares you're talking about would cover if I had those on. And the dealership would have included those flares on my sticker. Think I've just got extremely unlucky with my sets.

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210522_184135

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Just finished the install of the Bushwacker Fender Flares with the OEM splash guards. I had a friend help with the install. The passenger rear fit with no issues. The drivers side rear were a bit of a challenge to get them to fit. Removed the splash guards and the fronts clipped in with no problems. The splash guards needed to be trimmed to fit with the flares but it wasn't too hard. Takes some patience and a steady hard when you do the trimming.
Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 1631730112869

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 1631730053102

OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just finished the install of the Bushwacker Fender Flares with the OEM splash guards. I had a friend help with the install. The passenger rear fit with no issues. The drivers side rear were a bit of a challenge to get them to fit. Removed the splash guards and the fronts clipped in with no problems. The splash guards needed to be trimmed to fit with the flares but it wasn't too hard. Takes some patience and a steady hard when you do the trimming.
Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 1631730112869

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 1631730053102
You did the thing! Get some close up shots of the splash guards so I can get an idea of where you cut those!

RockyBroncy

Big Bend
First Name
Cullen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just picked up our BS from the dealer yesterday, they put the bushwacker flares on for us since we ordered them with the vehicle. I did let them know about the fit up issues that were happening with the front splash guards(after seeing this thread). They ended up leaving the front guards off.
I was able to trim the guards to make them fit, I used three of the original mounting holes and some automotive silicone to hold them on. They turned out great.

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20211013_172229

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20211013_172233

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20211013_172242

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20211013_172250

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20211013_173508

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20211013_173543

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20211013_174832

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20211013_184900

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20211013_184910

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues Snapchat-820824229

Tampachaz

Big Bend
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You just install it right on top of the factory trim. According to the instructions you get with them anyway. Probably important to mention that every dealership in my area are completely incompetent on installing aftermarket parts. Not one of the 6 that exist here received any kind of training on this or any other of the many products that are available to order. Really frustrating.
Yet, they’ll gladly charge you an install fee for that untrained tech to slap them on

OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yet, they’ll gladly charge you an install fee for that untrained tech to slap them on
Oh, don't forget botch the whole thing. They're all fake it till ya make it there. I just install everything myself.
Sponsored