BS OB water pump failure/replacement and some noises went away after repair (first posted about this 12/27/21)

Dave H

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Her 21 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, My 21 Escape SE
My wife's BS OB always had a faint tick when you stood in front of it when it was running. Not an alarming sound and I just ASSUMED it was due to the engine cover Ford decided to stop installing. Also if you drove with the radio off in a parking lot you could hear what I called a gear noise as you let up on the gas and coasted with the engine slowing you down, again nothing I was greatly concerned about. At 2079 the V belt broke while on the highway. We had it towed to the dealer ship and root cause was the water pump locked up (causing the belt to fail). This happened on 12/27/21. Our promised date to get the bronco back was 2/15/22 but much to our delight it was ready yesterday to pick up (1/14/22) (thanks Ford social media team). After driving it some the faint tick is gone and the gear type noise is also gone on coast down in parking lots. I have seen a lot of posted about noise and thought I would share our experience.

Good to see the BS OB back home. My wife did not enjoy driving the Escape they loaned us, she always has a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eye when she is behind the wheel of her BS.
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I always hear all kinds of noises when the Wife starts the BS up & pulls out of the Garage , I'm getting used to hearing the same ones . Your noise(s) may have been the Water Pump .

Hell , mine might be too !

Last edited:

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
good to see youre back up and running!
Sponsored