Inlandgirl

Big Bend
First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
First sign of brake Issues, I asked my dealer about, as I had read it was going to become a recall. They said they had no idea what I was talking about but then a month later I got the recall notice in the mail. Made me a bit nervous about the dealer was either not telling the truth or uninformed either way, not a good sign. I made the appointment for recall work for Two weeks out. Make arrangements to take the rig, and the day of my appointment (after I arrive) they proceed to tell me they do not have the parts and they need to take pictures to send to the dealer. The mechanic said he had never had to do that and didn’t know why they were doing it, another red flag. So here I am a week later and still have not heard back from the dealer about what he found out. Has anyone else here had to have pictures taken to send to the company for recall work? Weird to me. Angry that they did not tell me the parts were not there before I actually rearranged my schedule to have the work done, since they could’ve taken pictures anytime before, in that 2 week window. Frustration sets in….
Sponsored

Larryjaquins

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I asked my dealer. They said ford doesn’t even have enough parts to make customer orders let alone recalls. They were told maybe recalls weren’t gonna fixed until late Summer. Maybe parts should roll in July or august for the recall

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
First sign of brake Issues, I asked my dealer about, as I had read it was going to become a recall. They said they had no idea what I was talking about but then a month later I got the recall notice in the mail. Made me a bit nervous about the dealer was either not telling the truth or uninformed either way, not a good sign. I made the appointment for recall work for Two weeks out. Make arrangements to take the rig, and the day of my appointment (after I arrive) they proceed to tell me they do not have the parts and they need to take pictures to send to the dealer. The mechanic said he had never had to do that and didn’t know why they were doing it, another red flag. So here I am a week later and still have not heard back from the dealer about what he found out. Has anyone else here had to have pictures taken to send to the company for recall work? Weird to me. Angry that they did not tell me the parts were not there before I actually rearranged my schedule to have the work done, since they could’ve taken pictures anytime before, in that 2 week window. Frustration sets in….
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
I had my oil changed last week and mentioned the brake recall to the writeup guy. He said they had to take some pictures and order the parts.

OP
OP
Inlandgirl

Inlandgirl

Big Bend
First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
My Vin 3FMCR9B65MRA48961
Mileage is 18, 472
Recall date 11/23/2021
NHTSA RECALL number 21V922

Michigunman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My recall letter/notification says they will contact me when parts are available.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just stopped in to my local dealer to order some floor mats. Checked with service dept about the recalls . He also said he need to send pictures of VIN and mileage to ge the parts. I'm ok with that but what I'm now confused with is he is ordering front brake pads, I thought the brake recall had to do with the brake vacuum booster. Ask him what the dealer has been doing to address the noisy rear brakes when backing up. He said they have been resurfacing some brake discs with good results at eliminating the noise. I'm still skeptical about that solution.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm ok with that but what I'm now confused with is he is ordering front brake pads, I thought the brake recall had to do with the brake vacuum booster.
There's so much information floating around the web on this issue that it's caused a great deal of confusion and (unnecessary) angst. I posted about this a couple of months ago with the latest information directly from the source.

Ask him what the dealer has been doing to address the noisy rear brakes when backing up. He said they have been resurfacing some brake discs with good results at eliminating the noise. I'm still skeptical about that solution.
Resurfacing the rotors CAN help with noisy brakes, but the usual fix is to add an anti-rattle shim or grease to damp the vibrations causing the noise.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Send this information where exactly?
Click on the Ford Motor Company image near the top of this thread, then press conversation button. Add your info there.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hahaha when the phone don’t ring you’ll know Ford isn’t calling.
There has been NO confirmation that the Ford bot on here has resolved anything. Someone prove me wrong. Excited to hear your success story.

MGM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Had my BS in for an oil change two weeks ago. Dealer ordered parts for brake recall then. They confirmed parts were received today. Will bring in next week for the brake recall fix.

thatch9201

Big Bend
First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I asked about the brake recall when I took my Bronco Sport in for the Right-Hand Oil Separator recall. The service tech told me not to worry because the brake recall is "not a safety recall." Um....right. I contacted the Service Department Manager and she also indicated that I would have to bring it in for pictures first. Will be doing that this afternoon.

Johnh

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport ob 10 flhtk
Same here ford had to take pictures than order the parts .it took about a month to get them recall done bs stops better firmer pedal. Also my rear brake noise (harmonic sound) has seemed to have stopped when backing 🤷
Sponsored