Brushless car wash

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
I have a black car and trying to prevent swirls as much as possible from car washes. What are your thoughts on car washes that doesn’t use any brushes? Basically all it does is spray it with water, soap and when you’re done it moves your car forward and blows air to dry it.
Sponsored

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a black BS also, I really want to handwash only but with it being 15 degrees and dumping snow recently by me , my hose being away for the winter and the roads caked in salt. I bit the bullet and went to one of the places you described. No brushes, just soap, hose and air. All went well, im not sure how great it was at cleaning the underside especially with my skid plate but at least it took all that damn salt off. Def going to hand was only the first chance i get to put my hose back on though.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Yeah those brushless are good for a quick rinse, shouldn't affect paint but they won't get out the deeper mud or underneath.

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3,Jeep Wrangler JLemon
Yeah those brushless are good for a quick rinse, shouldn't affect paint but they won't get out the deeper mud or underneath.
I strongly disagree here in MN those touchless carwashes are a godsend, I use the holiday unlimited pass and have to say that "the works" carwash provide really good value and it takes all the mud/snow off no problem and have really good underbody spraying which is great for all the salt and brine on the road that gets down there.

One thing to mention is that all my vehicles have been treated with a "ceramic" paint sealant so it prevents anything from sticking to the paint and maybe that is what contributes to the touchless carwash doing such a good job.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
I strongly disagree here in MN those touchless carwashes are a godsend, I use the holiday unlimited pass and have to say that "the works" carwash provide really good value and it takes all the mud/snow off no problem and have really good underbody spraying which is great for all the salt and brine on the road that gets down there.

One thing to mention is that all my vehicles have been treated with a "ceramic" paint sealant so it prevents anything from sticking to the paint and maybe that is what contributes to the touchless carwash doing such a good job.
Do you mind me asking what you paid for the ceramic coating? I’m intrigued.

+1 on the brushless wash, although when I washed mine, the dryer wind velocity hit the huge space between the hood and windshield and I noticed the hood flexing. That kinda freaked me a bit. It is a really huge space that also collects a lot of solid ice.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I agree with a "brushless" car wash. Buy a good quality waterless wash from Adam's Polishes or Griot's Garage to wipe your Sport down after you've been through the brushless car wash. They also work great if you are dealing with dust and bird crap.

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3,Jeep Wrangler JLemon

+1 on the brushless wash, although when I washed mine, the dryer wind velocity hit the huge space between the hood and windshield and I noticed the hood flexing. That kinda freaked me a bit. It is a really huge space that also collects a lot of solid ice.
That is a loaded question.... Depends on whether you want to include what it costed me to have a heated garage where I can play during winters ?.

Anyways done by a few of friends on a Saturday "wrench day" meet.
We did 4 vehicles and a few bikes at the same time and split the cost which included a few ribeyes and a keg of beer.

But even some of the spray stuff that you have to reapply often works wonders and helps a ton(used it before the permanent ceramic).

OP
OP
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco

You’ll have to shop around. Some places have 2 years, 5 years and 7 years warranty. I found a place that does ceramic coating for $700 with 5 years warranty and another place that charges $900 for 2 years warranty. I think it also depends what’s included with the ceramic coating like clay bar, paint correction, etc.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

It didn't notice it when driving, but in pictures -- that area under the hood for the wipers and cabin vents, etc. is BIG. I.e. a big gap between that and the base of the windshield and the cowl. One of my biggest winter annoyances is trying to keep the big solid chunks of ice out of there (for the sake of the wipers, washers, and cabin heating/ventilation/defrosting), though maybe this bigger opening will make that easier to get in there and remove, anyway.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I need to find a better brushless carwash....lol.

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
It didn't notice it when driving, but in pictures -- that area under the hood for the wipers and cabin vents, etc. is BIG. I.e. a big gap between that and the base of the windshield and the cowl. One of my biggest winter annoyances is trying to keep the big solid chunks of ice out of there (for the sake of the wipers, washers, and cabin heating/ventilation/defrosting), though maybe this bigger opening will make that easier to get in there and remove, anyway.
When the rear defroster is engaged that space is also heated, which helps break down the ice that accumulates.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When the rear defroster is engaged that space is also heated, which helps break down the ice that accumulates.
Really? The Sport has the wiper park area heater? I wasn't sure, but I though I read on here in another thread, that's what the blank climate control button between the driver seat heater and fan controls is for -- on other models/in other markets...?

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
I remember seeing windshield wiper de-icer on Outer Banks and First Edition but its not listed on base, big bend and badlands. Do you have a base that it works on?

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
I remember seeing windshield wiper de-icer on Outer Banks and First Edition but its not listed on base, big bend and badlands. Do you have a base that it works on?
I do! If you check the Owners Manual it lists it as being engaged when the Rear Defrost is on, and it certainly seemed to work yesterday on my way home.

I can't see any element as you have in the rear window, but the ice certainly seems to be melting faster than it was before I was using the rear defrost.

Noxbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
With a good waterless wash you can actually wash it in your garage. In the Winter, if you have a touchless wash or heated self serve wash near by, you could use either to knock the debris and other materials off. Then bring it back to the garage and wash it using either a spray bottle or even with a bucket. Then wipe dry. I work for a company that has develop Ceramic Coatings and products. Have over 400 installers and detailers using our rinseless wash and our ceramic coatings and sealants.
Sponsored