BroncBroncOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hello awesome folks on the Bronco Sport forum! I am looking to purchase a used 2021 OBX, but my biggest fear are cracks and needing a replacement for my windshield, etc. Has anyone has this experience, and is it worth it for the Bronco? These cars are super badass!
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
In Florida (not sure what other states), a windshield replacement is covered under basic auto insurance.

Check with your insurance agent to see if your state has the same.

And yes, there are others on this forum that have gone through windshield replacements. They can be costly if it comes out of your pocket, but not unlike any other vehicle these days with auto features that are incorporated into a windshield replacement.

Last edited:

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Had my BS one year, no windshield issues yet. I did have a 2015 Ford Fusion that had lane keep assist (which means a camera behind the rearview mirror looking out the windshield) and I did have a windshield replacement in that...The actual windshield is around $300, the retraining of the lane keeping was around $500. I just used an OBDII reader and FORScan on a laptop to retrain the lane keeping camera afterwards.

As the Copilot 360 in all BS trims has lane keeping, this would be a similar expense. If your insurance covers glass then that would just be folded in. If you don't have full glass coverage, you may be able to re-train in FORScan, but someone should check if that's a supported procedure in your model year (if FORScan doesn't support doing it, it won't show up in the list while connected).

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
My windshield got a chip in the lower left and immediately became a crack running more than half the width. Had it replaced thanks to my no-deductible full glass coverage and THE NEXT DAY, it got a small chip. When they tried to fill it, it turned into a crack and I had to get another new windshield. But knock on wood, it’s been fine since then.

Bluesteelworx

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, GMC Sierra
Hello awesome folks on the Bronco Sport forum! I am looking to purchase a used 2021 OBX, but my biggest fear are cracks and needing a replacement for my windshield, etc. Has anyone has this experience, and is it worth it for the Bronco? These cars are super badass!
I priced one due to a couple chips. $1200.00 plus labor

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
2021 BL. Replaced mine March 2023. About $1100 total. Factory windshield which I insisted on. I have $250 DED.

That included windshield, installation and recalibration for CoPilot 360+.

My BL was built with the wiper heated windshield even though it wasn't an option for the BL.

The wires on the windshield weren't terminated since no wiring existed on the vehicle.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
2021 BL. Replaced mine March 2023. About $1100 total. Factory windshield which I insisted on. I have $250 DED.

That included windshield, installation and recalibration for CoPilot 360+.

My BL was built with the wiper heated windshield even though it wasn't an option for the BL.

The wires on the windshield weren't terminated since no wiring existed on the vehicle.
Canadian spec BL comes with heated windshield wiper area. I have a 2021.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If the possibility of the windsheild cracking is what's keeping you from buying a Sport your really just kicking tires and not ready to buy.
Any vehicles windsheild can chip or crack its not exclusive to the Sport

My windsheild is doing fine, I've had my share of stone hits with no large chips, stars or cracks.

I just did a quick search and the main Ford parts online sites have the windsheild listed in the $400 doller range which is a couple of hundred off the retail price.

The majority of the replacement cost is labor for installation which can vary greatly.

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I've had my Outer Banks a little over a year now, I have only had 1 rock chip that needed filled. I am getting the Aeroskin II bug/rock deflector to hopefully prevent this. But I wouldn't let the windshield integrity be the only thing holding you back from getting one, they are awesome!

OP
OP
BroncBroncOBX

BroncBroncOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
If the possibility of the windsheild cracking is what's keeping you from buying a Sport your really just kicking tires and not ready to buy.
Any vehicles windsheild can chip or crack its not exclusive to the Sport

My windsheild is doing fine, I've had my share of stone hits with no large chips, stars or cracks.

I just did a quick search and the main Ford parts online sites have the windsheild listed in the $400 doller range which is a couple of hundred off the retail price.

The majority of the replacement cost is labor for installation which can vary greatly.
I've been pretty set on the escape hybrid titanium for a couple months but after finding the bronco I don't know how I could chose the escape over the BS.
I've had my Outer Banks a little over a year now, I have only had 1 rock chip that needed filled. I am getting the Aeroskin II bug/rock deflector to hopefully prevent this. But I wouldn't let the windshield integrity be the only thing holding you back from getting one, they are awesome!
Thats exactly what I plan to do as well!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51