Bronco sport recovers a loaded plow truck!

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
Pretty darn cool - thank you for posting! No snow yet here in coastal RI to flex my Badlands' muscles!

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Pretty darn cool - thank you for posting! No snow yet here in coastal RI to flex my Badlands' muscles!
Howdy neighbor. I'm a 'Gansett native! Missing RI terribly from here in AZ.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Lets have a video about pulling a plow truck out of ditch without showing pulling the plow out of the ditch?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Kind of like my son helping an 18 wheeler stuck up in the twin cities with his FJ. Wouldn’t really call it an off road recovery but just a little help is all that is needed to get something moving. Having a kinetic rope helps a lot. I’d recommend anyone thinking of getting recovery gear to invest in a kinetic rope and soft shackles.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Another reason for anyone with the tow package to get a shackle hitch receiver. :thumbsup:

C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !

Badlands
First Name
Christine(Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL
Kind of like my son helping an 18 wheeler stuck up in the twin cities with his FJ. Wouldn’t really call it an off road recovery but just a little help is all that is needed to get something moving. Having a kinetic rope helps a lot. I’d recommend anyone thinking of getting recovery gear to invest in a kinetic rope and soft shackles.
Hello :)
Are you talking about the "twin cities" Minnesota ? Cause that snow there can be crazy and the cold temp to go with it :crazy:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
Hey guys, yeah I know the video suckedđź«Ł
It was freezing rain and -2 or so and I did video what I could but.. I turned the camera off when I thought it was recording, then it was on when it was in my pocket🤓
Regardless, It did pull it out and just found there are two dents in the right side and the running board was ripped off.

(Edit: to clarify, that was done to the one ton either going in the ditch or me dragging him out.)

Add to that, lost my tripod and other phone in the woods somewhere a couple weeks ago while videoing so my choice was hold it with one hand while recovering or get nothing.
A lot of times I’ll get a call to recover someone and after it’s all done and heading home I go “shit, that would of been a perfect video🤬🤬”

All that to say, more to come, yes it will be better.
Oh, and I wanted to add, it took up the slack in the strap and when I started to go I realized I forgot to change the goat modes to rock climb or whatever, didn’t even lock everything up, just stepped on it and let the “normal” setting do its thing!

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Hey guys, yeah I know the video suckedđź«Ł
It was freezing rain and -2 or so and I did video what I could but.. I turned the camera off when I thought it was recording, then it was on when it was in my pocket🤓
Regardless, It did pull it out and just found there are two dents in the right side and the running board was ripped off.

(Edit: to clarify, that was done to the one ton either going in the ditch or me dragging him out.)

Add to that, lost my tripod and other phone in the woods somewhere a couple weeks ago while videoing so my choice was hold it with one hand while recovering or get nothing.
A lot of times I’ll get a call to recover someone and after it’s all done and heading home I go “shit, that would of been a perfect video🤬🤬”

All that to say, more to come, yes it will be better.
Oh, and I wanted to add, it took up the slack in the strap and when I started to go I realized I forgot to change the goat modes to rock climb or whatever, didn’t even lock everything up, just stepped on it and let the “normal” setting do its thing!
NO EXCUSES! :cool:

Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored