Bronco Sport Not Even Delivered Yet and......

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Not rich by any means, Marty. Wish I was. October, huh? I thought it was going to come sooner than that! Have my MRE's, water, generator, and other necessities to maintain. I hope you do as well. Now, back on topic... Should I buy a lift kit for the Bronco Sport before it comes in or wait until after it shows up????? :)
Get it now! Eric might be selling his HRG opting to get something else.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Jeep Gladiator
Get it now! Eric might be selling his HRG opting to get something else.
Actually, I kinda like the RTR lift and thinking that if I buy one, that will be the way to go!

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Well Bill, I know you are an honest man and would never intentionally tell a fib, however you need to check your keyboard keys as I believe that your intent was not to say that you are going to be 123, unless you are short and really skinny and that is your weight, not age!

BTW, I found your picture on an internet search!!!
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Not Even Delivered Yet and...... Imag_5668
same here

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Not Even Delivered Yet and...... CE0EF061-3624-4EFB-A1C7-EDACCB36FEE5

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
That is a sweet looking First Edition, Jim!!! Sharp Bronco Sport for sure :like:
Hey thanks Phil , your badlands is pretty much the same , if you are not off roading just do larger tires , I am about to do some taller tires 235/70/17 discovery they are 30 inch , the falken 235/65/ 17 are fine .
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Not Even Delivered Yet and...... 6EE5419F-F46E-4896-840B-D6C05A310F34

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Not Even Delivered Yet and...... 05D6C3CA-0B97-4EF9-ABE6-12A4D2406A3A

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey thanks Phil , your badlands is pretty much the same , if you are not off roading just do larger tires , I am about to do some taller tires 235/70/17 discovery they are 30 inch , the falken 235/65/ 17 are fine .
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Not Even Delivered Yet and...... 6EE5419F-F46E-4896-840B-D6C05A310F34

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Not Even Delivered Yet and...... 05D6C3CA-0B97-4EF9-ABE6-12A4D2406A3A
Ours will come with the Falkens and I had the same style Wildpeaks on the Gladiator I had and really liked the grip of the tires. Not sure on a lift yet as it will be my wife's vehicle mostly and I am concerned about the ride quality. I have read the lifts cause the Bronco Sports to ride pretty stiff. If we do go off road, it will probably be just light off roading on forest service roads and may take my Ranger XLT Tremor anyway. I bet the 30" discovery tires will look good on your FE. Be sure to post some pics when you get them mounted!

Reactions: Jrl

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Should I buy a lift kit for the Bronco Sport before it comes in or wait until after it shows up????? :)
No, you should wait and buy my HRG lift kit when my FlatOut Suspension kit comes in.

If you want to see how bad it can get, just click on my build thread link in my signature.

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023

Where did you get the bronco script? I see them all over the place really, but want to make sure I get a Quality one. Also a bit concerned about how long they really stay on

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, you should wait and buy my HRG lift kit when my FlatOut Suspension kit comes in.

If you want to see how bad it can get, just click on my build thread link in my signature.
Nah, I will hold off for now since this is supposed to be my wife's Bronco Sport! You are one serious person when it comes to customizing / modifying your BS! Great work! How much of a lift from stock will the FlatOut suspension raise it? Thanks!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Nah, I will hold off for now since this is supposed to be my wife's Bronco Sport! You are one serious person when it comes to customizing / modifying your BS! Great work! How much of a lift from stock will the FlatOut suspension raise it? Thanks!
The FlatOut is adjustable, I think it was from 1-3”. I will probably stick with something close to 2”.

The kit won’t be in until January, most likely. Which means you have time to think about what to do. The lift does not make the stock suspension any stiffer, it’s just higher because of the spacers.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The FlatOut is adjustable, I think it was from 1-3”. I will probably stick with something close to 2”.

The kit won’t be in until January, most likely. Which means you have time to think about what to do. The lift does not make the stock suspension any stiffer, it’s just higher because of the spacers.
I just went to the website for FlatOut Suspensions. I just checked the price! Wow, a tad bit expensive! It does look like a very high quality built product though and probably worth the price. Looks like one of the best suspension upgrades you can get, if not the very best!!!

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
This one at Amazon, Allen. I already have a UV-9G for my Ranger Tremor and wanted one for the Bronco too. For the price, I figured I would try this one too!

Oops: This is the one I bought: Amazon.com: Baofeng GMRS-9R GMRS Radio Handheld 5W Rechargeable Two Way Radio for Adults,Waterproof IP67, NOAA Scanning&Receiving,GMRS Repeater Capable : Electronics
I believe the baofeng radios require a license yearly or they are illegal. (Called a gmrs radio license I believe ).
As for the tow strap, did you get a tow strap , or kinetic strap? A kinetic is way nicer for recovery I’ve found. And get a sturdy folding shovel I didn’t see one on your list. (Military spec e tools are awesome.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the baofeng radios require a license yearly or they are illegal. (Called a gmrs radio license I believe ).
As for the tow strap, did you get a tow strap , or kinetic strap? A kinetic is way nicer for recovery I’ve found. And get a sturdy folding shovel I didn’t see one on your list. (Military spec e tools are awesome.
Hi Jerrod!

The GMRS license I had to purchase I think was around $70 dollars a year ago. They are issued for 10 years from the FCC. The price was supposed to be reduced to about 1/2 of that, however I am not sure what the current cost is now.

EDIT: I just checked, and it is now $35 for 10 years. I believe it is good for a family to use.

The Baofeng radios are not Illegal to own. If you are a ham radio operator, they make a very popular UV-5R dual band ham radio. Those radios can be modified to operate on GMRS channels, which is illegal due to higher output levels on the FRS channels. And without a ham license, you are not supposed to talk on any ham radio frequencies as well.

I have a couple of them because I am a ham radio operator.

Baofeng makes some nice GMRS only radios as well. I will have 2 GMRS portable radios as soon as the new one comes in for the Bronco Sport Badlands.

The problem with Baofeng radios is they get bought and used by unlicensed people because their cost is so inexpensive, and some don't care about following the FCC rules.

I just bought a 2" X 20' standard strap and 2 soft shackles for the Bronco Sport, for now. I have a kinetic strap or rope in my 4X4 Ford Ranger Tremor, which is also very off road capable. I have a folding shovel in the Ranger as well, in it's own fabric holder. I may get one of each for the Bronco as well, just have to see what my better half lets me do with HER new Bronco Sport...LOL!!!

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I want to start buying my stuff too, but I have no idea when or if my BL will arrive. Not sure how long to hold out. The build date keeps changing. :(

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Well you see me and Murphy are best friends. ( as in Murphys law). If I did that It would jinx the process and for some reason I would have to back out of my order and be stuck with parts I could not use on something else. Fortunatly most of your items are universal.:fingerscrossed:
You may want to slow down your spending as you could have purchased a few of those accessories (rear cargo mat, mud flaps) with the FordPass points you will receive upon delivery.
Sponsored