OP
BroncoHawaii

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Lol. Back on topic... the exceeded expectations / waiting game.

The chip shortage is one of the well known reasons for across the industry delays. Is anyone aware of what's holding up the production for various BS models/configurations?

I'm gonna do my usual 2 week check in with my dealer tomorrow, assuming he's still taking my calls. :) Funny, they have a FE available. They are asking what looked to me like 4K over MSRP. I was thinking the other day that from dealer's perspective, the best thing were to happen if as many of these special orders backed out as possible. That way they can move some of these over MSRP while they still can. So incentive for them to give me/us accurate updates is rather low. Paranoid? May be just a little.
I had a reserveration for a Big Bronco that would not arrive until summer 2022. I called all the dealerships in the area and someone didn't pick up their special order BS so I got that one. There are folks not picking up their reserved Broncos (I don't know why) so give that a try.
Sponsored

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I had a reserveration for a Big Bronco that would not arrive until summer 2022. I called all the dealerships in the area and someone didn't pick up their special order BS so I got that one. There are folks not picking up their reserved Broncos (I don't know why) so give that a try.
I see more FE around in 100 mile radius than similarly configured Badlands. I find that strange. Preorder remorse? I heard one explanation is that some people preordering mistook Bronco Sport for Bronco.

Tmbrowning

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We can also stop our federal government that a little more than half of us currently love so much from punishing successful corporations with...punitive...regulations and taxes and consent agreements and other ridiculous regulatory requirements. Ford would not be in MX right now if it weren't significantly cheaper and easier to manufacture there. The trends are already here, the exoduses from high-tax, high-regulation states -- even the US itself -- by manufacturers, even people (ex. retirees and ex-pats not tied to a physical location in the US anymore). Success is made by individuals, and groups of collaborating, incorporated individuals (get it?) -- not bloated, initiative-crushing, overbearing, omni-present in every facet of life central government.
EXACTLY!

OP
OP
BroncoHawaii

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This is an awesome read. So I have the big bend model and I've never done off roading in my life. I've been trying to find info on the big bend to see how capable it is because i'm new and dumb to this stuff. I also have a friend that is super competitive with me and is kinda talking crap because he bought a subaru forester at the same time and is basically saying my baby bronco couldn't keep up.

What are your thoughts on off roading with your Bronco Sport base because it sounds like you and your buddy have done a bit of riding.
I don't think you are asking me but my 2 cents: Because of where I live one thing I am changing are the tires. I have to have Mud Terrains (knobby tires). Most folks are not going to use the Bronco in Moab and it's not really designed for that. What it is designed for is someone like me: my road is un paved and gets dicey when it rains for days; I live in the country and there's a lot of backroad adventures (mud, steep hills, rivers) and the Sport handles all those just fine. I have a Subaru and it's amazing but the two vehicles are totally different beasts.

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't think you are asking me but my 2 cents: Because of where I live one thing I am changing are the tires. I have to have Mud Terrains (knobby tires). Most folks are not going to use the Bronco in Moab and it's not really designed for that. What it is designed for is someone like me: my road is un paved and gets dicey when it rains for days; I live in the country and there's a lot of backroad adventures (mud, steep hills, rivers) and the Sport handles all those just fine. I have a Subaru and it's amazing but the two vehicles are totally different beasts.
Awesome thank you. Do you have any tire brand preference ? I was thinking of eventually getting all terrain tires.

OP
OP
BroncoHawaii

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Awesome thank you. Do you have any tire brand preference ? I was thinking of eventually getting all terrain tires.
Hi, I'm going with Mud Terrains: Toyo Open Country A/T III
Discount Tires can help you pick tires that will fit your trim.

OP
OP
BroncoHawaii

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
  • Last year, Ford built 2.5 million cars and trucks in the U.S. — more than any other automaker.
  • Since 2011, Ford has invested $10.2 billion in its U.S. plants. And over the next four years, will invest $9 billion more. That investment is expected to create or retain 8,500 U.S. jobs.
  • Last year, Ford invested $168 million at its Ohio Assembly plant to build heavy-duty trucks at that plant that were previously made in Mexico. The investment helped to keep more than 1,000 hourly workers employed. The UAW and Ford negotiated the move of the truck production to Ohio way back in 2011, as part of their last round of contract talks.
Congratulations on retiring prior to outsourcing. Meanwhile, Toyota providing jobs for the next generation autoworker. I'm not stirring the pot, just keeping it real.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Anyways... back to the subject. I hear BS exceeds expectations....

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Agreed. To me a good starting point for that definition would be having cars assembled in this country. Some sources go further and consider sourcing of the parts, etc.

Here's where things really shifted. I consider myself in the suburbs of the rustbelt. At one time early in my career, 90% of our community worked for or had direct ties to one of the big three. Be it assembly, parts origin, etc. Ask any kid in the community how many families work for the auto industry, it was overwhelming. Today it's maybe 5% and most have shifted to the medical fields and primary care. Automotive assembly and parts have been farmed to Canada, Mexico, etc. The age of FULL American manufacture and assembly is all but gone. The argument of buy American is a long way behind us. Honda has some of the highest American assembly/hands in the labor of any vehicle...yet the argument that proceeds and the bulk of the money goes to Japan...well...it's not what it used to be.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Agreed. To me a good starting point for that definition would be having cars assembled in this country. Some sources go further and consider sourcing of the parts, etc.

to that point, not only is it in high demand, the Bronco is set to begin production. The Sport receiving high marks in safety rating is yet another feather in Ford's cap. I am so anxious to have my own in the garage. The anticipation is brutal.

Reactions: Jrl

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Really got to test my BS BL this past week. Exceeded my expections on the highway and on trails. Terrain mangement is terrific. I drove a trail to the top of an 11,000 foot peak. Last couple of miles were a little challenging. Hardly had any wheelspin. The turning radius is appreciated when you have to turn around on a tight trail. Trail Control was fantastic creeping back down the steep top two mlles of trail.

Drove 600 miles home and the fuel mileage was way beyond expectation. Photo of dash at 200 mi.
At 400 miles it was still getting 31.5. Going through OKC rush hour traffic, put it in Sport and drove like all the other idiots. Had I not done that I would have averaged 30 mpg for over 600 mi. Set the cruise on 80 and had a stiff crosswind that buffeted us around for 400 mi.

I think the little blue Bronco is broken in now. :)

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Exceeds My Expectations bronco

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Exceeds My Expectations speedo