Bronco Sport Big Bend vs Subaru Forester?

OP
OP
GiraffezMilk

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Unless you plan on regularly doing some very serious offroading the Badlands is overkill. Engine performance for on road driving is personal preference.

When I bought my Crosstrek back in 2018, I'd have 100% gotten a non Badlands Sport instead. At that time I was just using it to get to lakes with my kayak.
Agree and that's a subject me and my buddy were talking about earlier. Alot of people have been critical about the BS if its not the Badlands trim because they say they're not worthy of the Bronco badge.

I think that people need to stop being so angry about the fact that a sub 30 k cross over/small suv thats beefy and can do some off roading should be as good as their dedicated Rubicon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GiraffezMilk

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Forester I test drove did the same thing. It was like I had to say please each time to get it to accelerate and it would think about it. I drove an outback and it didn't do it but the Outback had a lousy roof rack system.
One thing I did notice is a very rubber band effect with the forester. It was hesitant like you said to accelerate. It did great in its S# mode with the manual paddle shifters but every other mode was very hesitant to accelerate. It did pull hard once it got going though.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Agree and that's a subject me and my buddy were talking about earlier. Alot of people have been critical about the BS if its not the Badlands trim because they say they're not worthy of the Bronco badge.

I think that people need to stop being so angry about the fact that a sub 30 k cross over/small suv thats beefy and can do some off roading should be as good as their dedicated Rubicon.
What they forget is the Bronco II had a 2.8 L V6 with 115 hp. The little 1.5 3 cyl turbo Sporty produces 181 HP. Way more than enough to grab groceries and get down that fire road to the lake.

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
What they forget is the Bronco II had a 2.8 L V6 with 115 hp. The little 1.5 3 cyl turbo Sporty produces 181 HP. Way more than enough to grab groceries and get down that fire road to the lake.
They'll just move on to whining that the BS isn't Body On Frame, or whatever next gatekeeping goalpost they think up. Let em complain. It will get awfully hard to hear them when you're off having fun somewhere in your Bronco :rockon:

OP
OP
GiraffezMilk

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Thats pretty funny. It's crazy how these new vehicles with 3 cyl turbo engines crush old heavy v6 motors lol.

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Awesome, this is pretty good info. Thanks for this. I have noticed alot of torque with mine and I've read something that it has to do with the gearing and the 8 speed transmission.
i have a BB too and i think for the 1.5L+turbo 180hp it really has a good torque that will take it out quickly from red to green.
im comparing it to my rav4 which has 270hp/5speed and i feel like the turbo engine+technology that the BS has really beats it. I love them both :)

OP
OP
GiraffezMilk

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
i have a BB too and i think for the 1.5L+turbo 180hp it really has a good torque that will take it out quickly from red to green.
im comparing it to my rav4 which has 270hp/5speed and i feel like the turbo engine+technology that the BS has really beats it. I love them both :)
This is awesome to hear. The torque is pretty impressive actually. It surprises me alot lol

CCFarmer

First Edition
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
And I got another fact... how many Broncos Sport are in your area? For now we have a Very limited privilege to drive one of these beautiful wild horses....
For example, I saw probably 2 or 3 BS in the wild in my area in over 3 months..... (Raleigh/Durham/Cary even I drove to Charlotte)...
Was yours a special order, or trackable? I'm curious how long to RDU once car ships. Thanks!

BroncoSportBB_Socal

Big Bend
First Name
Mace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My buddy on his forester and me on my big bend. Just having fun at a local spot in East Los Angeles. He got new wheels, tires, and suspension kit so we went to test them after his alignment that day.

Here's the link

I personally think both are great vehicles

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You won’t look like a dummy. I know the Badlands would leave a forester in the dust. You should have no problem keeping up, and might even be a bit better.
I agree i thought the outback was they're offroad staple anyway. Not to mention foresters look like a fat station wagon basically. You’re in one of the hottest new cars on the market right now. Foresters have been around forever. You will for sure keep up, just the goat modes alone put you in a better off road position.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Middle aged woman here that owns a Subaru Crosstrek and an Outer Banks BS. I guarentee that I can out ride you in either. I own 30 acres with no pavement to be seen on any of it. You probably drive a shit SUV or maybe a pinto? and BTW both are brand new...cause I can afford them. Also, I have a lifted GMC that will run over you if necessary tough guy. Bring it...
Shots fired.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
My buddy on his forester and me on my big bend. Just having fun at a local spot in East Los Angeles. He got new wheels, tires, and suspension kit so we went to test them after his alignment that day.

Here's the link

I personally think both are great vehicles
I know that area ...my former home town...that area is very popular after rains too...gets very muddy

BroncoSportBB_Socal

Big Bend
First Name
Mace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I know that area ...my former home town...that area is very popular after rains too...gets very muddy
yes super fun spot. I grew up in the area and went to the high school near by. I haven't been up there in years till I got the bronco. its a quick 10min drive from DTLA
Sponsored