andrew.twedt

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Awesome write-up!!! We took our Sport Badlands over Hagerman Pass this past weekend and had a couple of bottom outs too-zero damage. In fact we couldn’t even tell anything had rubbed/scraped!! We went the full road from Basalt to Leadville. Best part of the trip was a guy that lives in the area stopped us and said he still owned his 1977 Bronco and he would take that across the pass but not our Sport! We showed him! Our Bronco Sport Badlands FAR exceeded our expectations!!!!
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies 006B40EE-C3A5-4854-8259-9DFF2A194C02

OP
OP
Bronco7221

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Awesome write-up!!! We took our Sport Badlands over Hagerman Pass this past weekend and had a couple of bottom outs too-zero damage. In fact we couldn’t even tell anything had rubbed/scraped!! We went the full road from Basalt to Leadville. Best part of the trip was a guy that lives in the area stopped us and said he still owned his 1977 Bronco and he would take that across the pass but not our Sport! We showed him! Our Bronco Sport Badlands FAR exceeded our expectations!!!!
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies 006B40EE-C3A5-4854-8259-9DFF2A194C02
That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing! These things really can do far more than what you think they can.

OP
OP
Bronco7221

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Awesome! Glad you had such a great time and thanks for the pictures. Is this picture from Imogene?

Sorry, just saw the title of the thread, so it has to be from Imogene.
Hey! Great question, that one is actually near the summit of Black Bear Pass.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
These are awesome pics... very cool. I love my Badlands and the power, small form factor, fuel economy (Compared to my girlfriends 70K jeep with 37's, lol... its always in the driveway...haha) and ability to to negotiate some gnarly roads has been a win win for me.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies IMG_7401

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies IMG_7902

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies IMG_7219

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies IMG_7987

DurangoSianne

Badlands
First Name
Dianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi!
We took a trip to Ridgway, Ouray, and Telluride this week and ended up doing half of Black Bear Pass (we turned around at the one way sign leading to The Steps/Switchbacks). The portion of Black Bear we did was relatively easy but did have a few narrow roads and steep climbs. Overall it did great and the views up there are extraordinary!

We also took it over Imogene Pass from Ouray to Telluride. I watched a lot of videos of Imogene to determine if we could do it and we decided to go for it. No videos I watched did Imogene justice as it is a lot more technical than it looks on camera, especially for a vehicle that has limited ground clearance. However, our Bronco Sport Badlands did absolutely incredible up there and totally crushed the trail! There were quite a few spots on the Ouray side that did require picking good lines to get over obstacles without bottoming out and I recommend going with a spotter if you can. We did hit the skid plates a couple of times, but as we learned at the Texas Off Roadeo, these things can take more of a beating than you think and we found no visible damage done to the undercarriage of the vehicle.

We are super impressed with what this vehicle can do and we are so happy with the purchase!

Here are a few pictures from the trip:

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies FC962A79-3032-4200-8356-AE8733A55F10

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies 08524AC9-EC8B-41E6-B5F0-3DE263FB8FD0

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies 88727761-3B9C-43CA-AD6F-F0C4840B3E5C

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies 103F8151-4AB8-4D01-9E5C-5AEA92C16309

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies E9E09D19-ED27-47DF-933C-69681E2865D1

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands @ Imogene Pass in Colorado Rockies DE6F127A-CD28-499C-B50C-C47E613B2807
Was this a stock Badlands? No lift kit or anything?

DurangoSianne

Badlands
First Name
Dianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey! Yep, bone stock!
Excellent. I am about to purchase. Did you drive Engineer and Cinnamon Passes? This are easier than Imogene I think. I am not interested in hard core four wheeling but am interested in some of these basic passes

OP
OP
Bronco7221

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Excellent. I am about to purchase. Did you drive Engineer and Cinnamon Passes? This are easier than Imogene I think. I am not interested in hard core four wheeling but am interested in some of these basic passes
Congratulations on the purchase! Nope, just Imogene and part of Black Bear. Would love to go back and do some of the others though.

DurangoSianne

Badlands
First Name
Dianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did Engineer Pass a couple of days ago. The Trail Control worked great but made a terrible noise on steep Rocky slow downhills. Did you experience that on Imogene?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Did Engineer Pass a couple of days ago. The Trail Control worked great but made a terrible noise on steep Rocky slow downhills. Did you experience that on Imogene?
It’s perfectly normal. We were told to expect that when we used trail control during the Off-Rodeo. IIRC we were told it’s the anti-lock brake system cycling.
Sponsored