coryk

Big Bend
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 21 bb
I can't seem to find the by pass valve, to replace with BOV. This is the same engine as escape 1.5l right? Where do I look, or can it even be done?
Sponsored

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
I can't seem to find the by pass valve, to replace with BOV. This is the same engine as escape 1.5l right? Where do I look, or can it even be done?
I would honestly check with Boomba support before making a purchase as their website doesn't currently list a BOV for the U.S. 3 Cylinder 1.5L. The 1.5L offering for the U.S. you likely saw is for the 1.5L Four-pot motor.

They DO offer a BOV for the European-spec 1.5L 3 Cylinder (which is used in the MK8 Fiesta ST and Puma ST), but while the motor is substantially the same as the one in the BS, it's not exact and considering that they aren't listing it for the U.S. 3 banger, It might not work/may have not been tested yet.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Bump

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did you buy a BOV or the BOV spacer?
Boomba has installation instructions for the 2.0l Bronco Sports but not the 1.5 models.
I would imagine the install would be same as for the Fiesta with the 1.5.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Someone has a Bov installed on their OB. Saw a video they posted recently in the off roading threads I wonder which one they have installed.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Maybe it's me, the Boomba BOV makes the 1.5 sound like the air brakes on a bus.
On a hot hatch, it might be passable, on the BS, not so much.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Maybe it's me, the Boomba BOV makes the 1.5 sound like the air brakes on a bus.
On a hot hatch, it might be passable, on the BS, not so much.
Before I traded the Mustang I used to troll around looking at all the mods people installed. I was watching a video by a dude who had just installed a exhaust system on his EcoBoost Mustang. He was revving the engine to demonstrate the new sound. He had previously installed a blow-off valve, and the hood was open. Every time he revved the engine you could clearly hear the BOV open with a loud PSHSHSHSHSH. My wife happened to walk by when I was watching the video and stopped to look over my shoulder.

She asked, "Isn't that like your car?"

Before I could answer the car in the video goes VRROOOOM PSHSHSHSHSH!

I said, "Yeah, it's like mine."

"What the f--k is wrong with it?"

Her eyes began to glaze over as I explained how some people install a BOV so excess pressurized intake air vents to atmosphere instead of back to the intake system.

She held a hand up, palm facing me and said, "Wait a minute, you mean someone made it sound like that on purpose?"

That's when I knew a BOV was not in my future.

OP
OP

coryk

Big Bend
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 21 bb
Maybe it's me but alot of you seem like you lost the cool factor. Have any of you actually modded a turbo motor? If you like stock stay stock. I like bringing the best out of my cars/trucks. I'm a gear head with a 70 Chevelle, have had 2016 ss Camaro, 2008 cobalt ss turbo. I make my vehicles better. If you don't like change then stay stock, I'll be happy to blow your doors off on the highway. Mic drop......

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it's me but alot of you seem like you lost the cool factor. Have any of you actually modded a turbo motor? If you like stock stay stock. I like bringing the best out of my cars/trucks. I'm a gear head with a 70 Chevelle, have had 2016 ss Camaro, 2008 cobalt ss turbo. I make my vehicles better. If you don't like change then stay stock, I'll be happy to blow your doors off on the highway. Mic drop......
Hmmm. I was certainly not trying to p!$$ in your Cheerios with my post. I like to mod my cars too, I was just illustrating the fact we all have to live with the consequences of those mods.

That said, I don't view a BOV as an improvement, mainly because it does not improve performance. It simply reroutes the pressurized intake air to the atmosphere rather through the recirculation valve. It CAN improve performance if part of a larger systemic modification (usually involving a different turbocharger, wastegate, and software modifications), but on it's own it does nothing other than to make noise. In other words, do it if you think the noise is an improvement, just don't expect better performance.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I think the escape is a 4 cylinder maybe . The escape we have is a 2.0 .The 1.5 is a 3 cylinder. Ford also makes a1.8 but I believe it also is a 4 cylinder .

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the escape is a 4 cylinder maybe . The escape we have is a 2.0 .The 1.5 is a 3 cylinder. Ford also makes a1.8 but I believe it also is a 4 cylinder .
The hybrid aside, the current MY Escape uses the same two engines as the Bronco Sport.

Reactions: Jrl

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
I have the outer banks and after working with Ford and the looking over diagrams for days the 1.5 in the Bronco Sport doesnt have a diverter valve independant. From what it looks like they adapted it to the turbo some how and the BOV adapter from Boomba is not compatible with this. The best you could do is add a BOV to the tubing but i would not recommend this.
Sponsored