Blown Speakers just by turning on stereo?

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Very interesting. Did you have it looked at?
No the loud pop after starting up is very infrequent, I don’t know if is related to CarPlay or switching from Phone Call (or some other) volume to Audio volume or switching to bluetooth streaming etc. However I doubt CarPlay or any of those other things because usually I don’t plug in my iPhone until after the 8” screen completes its bronco startup screen.

And because currently I have the issue with Sync 22251 (build 22251) where whatever SiriusXM station I was on when I turned off the BS is sometimes changed randomly to an AM or FM station next time I start the BS. That’s when I started to notice the pop and because it’s random the station isn’t always changed on startup.
Sponsored

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
So much for answering the “this or that” question.
Right?

I still honestly want to know whether the two people reporting the issues have either the B&O or standard audio systems -- it would be interesting to know if it was tied into the amp or DSP of the B&O. I felt like I was watching that old scene in the classic Clue movie:

Bamendola

Badlands
First Name
Barbara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Right?

I still honestly want to know whether the two people reporting the issues have either the B&O or standard audio systems -- it would be interesting to know if it was tied into the amp or DSP of the B&O. I felt like I was watching that old scene in the classic Clue movie:

Yes. I have the B&O sound system in my Bronco Sport Badlands.

OP
OP

MoonWarrior

Outer Banks
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Yes, I have the B&O pkg in my Bronco. I had the vehicle in to dealership and the speakers were not blown after all. They said they can’t diagnose the problem without it happening….but it was horrific when it happened and the sound quality has not been the same since! So now it’s been a month or so and a few days ago I started theBronco in a parking lot and instantly the front speakers blasted an extremely loud sound and then went on to loudly crackle for about 15 minutes (with the ignition off). So loud the vehicle was not drivable and it was off! Thankfully I wasn’t driving when it started but I tell you, I am scared to use my sound system now and ready to jump out whenever I start it.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
What was the question?

T_Stiffler

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I have never blown any speakers before but today I just turned on the radio like every day and instantly a horrific exceptionally loud sound blasted out of the rear speakers then my system turned itself off. excruciating pain in my right ear and a very upset dog! Ever since this happened the surround sound no longer works (rear speakers don’t work) so I am assuming the speakers blew but I don’t understand how that can that even happen with hardly any volume ? I am surprised my ear drum didn’t burst from the sound the speaker made but it still hurts a lot!. I have to call the dealer on Monday…and now I’m scared it will happen again when fixed.
Has this happened to anyone else or have you heard of something like this happening?

Im currently dealing with this is my 21' Bronco sport. I initially thought I blew my driver side door speaker, replaced them with JBL studio's, but also lost connection to my driver dash side tweeter, even with the JBLs I still have the same issue & no sound coming from tweeter(but both will work about 30 percent of the time). Took door speaker out to test the speaker it is not blow. It has to be a head unit issue I have an appt with Ford 7/30 to test my head unit. I'm pretty sure it can be fixed with a ACM module reset. Ford was trying to give my shit about my warranty because of my door speakers being aftermarket, but with me not replacing or touching tweeters, hopefully this is enough to prove to Ford clearly its not a speaker issue on my driver side because there's only one connection to that speaker that we've tested several times. I can report back when I get it out of the dealer. I had to leave notes with ford to reiterate to not go into my door panel only to test the head unit so it is under warranty.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im currently dealing with this is my 21' Bronco sport. I initially thought I blew my driver side door speaker, replaced them with JBL studio's, but also lost connection to my driver dash side tweeter, even with the JBLs I still have the same issue & no sound coming from tweeter(but both will work about 30 percent of the time). Took door speaker out to test the speaker it is not blow. It has to be a head unit issue I have an appt with Ford 7/30 to test my head unit. I'm pretty sure it can be fixed with a ACM module reset. Ford was trying to give my shit about my warranty because of my door speakers being aftermarket, but with me not replacing or touching tweeters, hopefully this is enough to prove to Ford clearly its not a speaker issue on my driver side because there's only one connection to that speaker that we've tested several times. I can report back when I get it out of the dealer. I had to leave notes with ford to reiterate to not go into my door panel only to test the head unit so it is under warranty.
You may want to discuss with them to reload the ACM software/firmware which will also accomplish the ACM reset. That’s what a known TSB called for

T_Stiffler

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
You may want to discuss with them to reload the ACM software/firmware which will also accomplish the ACM reset. That’s what a known TSB called for
I appreciate you! Fingers crossed this will fix my issue

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just realized the SSM I had posted also calls for: “This may be due to the software in the DSP. To correct this condition, perform a hard reset of the DSP by disconnecting the 12-volt battery. Reprogram the DSP module using the latest version of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool.”
I don’t remember if you have the B&O Sound System and I don’t know if all bronco sport models have the (same) DSP. Also that SSM covered lots of models and the DSP in Bronco Sports might be covered by other Ford procedures.

let us know what they do to fix your audio.

T_Stiffler

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Just realized the SSM I had posted also calls for: “This may be due to the software in the DSP. To correct this condition, perform a hard reset of the DSP by disconnecting the 12-volt battery. Reprogram the DSP module using the latest version of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool.”
I don’t remember if you have the B&O Sound System and I don’t know if all bronco sport models have the (same) DSP. Also that SSM covered lots of models and the DSP in Bronco Sports might be covered by other Ford procedures.

let us know what they do to fix your audio.

I will keep you posted Im calling and giving them all of this info to Ford before my appt and telling them to stay the hell out of my door panel lmao Thanks so much for your help!

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
Today (8/24/2023) the front page of the Wall Street Journal Business section under the fold has an article of this situation in 2021-23 F150 and Expedition including the Lighting. The company has received about 100 complaints primarily involving the 2022 F-150. A software fix is available to use the amplifier as a filter to prevent speaker noise.

One owner replaced the 12v aux battery which resolved the problem (so far).

Take it for what it's worth.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today (8/24/2023) the front page of the Wall Street Journal Business section under the fold has an article of this situation in 2021-23 F150 and Expedition including the Lighting. The company has received about 100 complaints primarily involving the 2022 F-150. A software fix is available to use the amplifier as a filter to prevent speaker noise.

One owner replaced the 12v aux battery which resolved the problem (so far).

Take it for what it's worth.
Thanks!

https://jalopnik.com/new-ford-f-150-trucks-are-blasting-ear-piercing-static-1850766863

https://www.wsj.com/business/autos/ford-confronts-strange-ear-piercing-static-in-f-150-trucks-7551ba24

Not applicable to Bronco Sports but interesting problem.

OrangeJoe42

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Mazda Miata
This also happened to me in my Badlands. Thankfully, only once (so far).

AshBronco2023

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have never blown any speakers before but today I just turned on the radio like every day and instantly a horrific exceptionally loud sound blasted out of the rear speakers then my system turned itself off. excruciating pain in my right ear and a very upset dog! Ever since this happened the surround sound no longer works (rear speakers don’t work) so I am assuming the speakers blew but I don’t understand how that can that even happen with hardly any volume ? I am surprised my ear drum didn’t burst from the sound the speaker made but it still hurts a lot!. I have to call the dealer on Monday…and now I’m scared it will happen again when fixed.
Has this happened to anyone else or have you heard of something like this happening?
Sponsored