Nabalan

Big Bend
First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Looking to share my story in hopes of saving other people from the b.s I’ve been dealing with for a year.
In march 2022, I purchased a Ford bronco sport Big Bend edition. I was the second buyer of the vehicle and purchased it with just over 16,000 miles on it. In July 2022 the catalytic converter went and had to be replaced. Then in November 2022 the rear differential went and had to be replaced. I then started having problems with the rear braking system. They attempted to fix that numerous times with no luck. And then towards the end of November, I started having a loud rattling/clunking noise, as well as idling issues. I would be sitting at an idle and it would drop below 1000 RPMs. I immediately brought it to the dealers attention, and they were unable to figure it out. This back-and-forth to the dealer went on monthly until they believed it was the hanger for the catalytic converter pipe. They tighten that, but the noise continued. It only got worse as the weeks went on. At this point I’m a year into owning the vehicle in it is constantly in the shop. Then it got to the point where the noise was so loud that I wouldn’t be able to hear someone over my Bluetooth speaker. In August 2023 I contacted my dealer again and advise them that it got worse and the soonest they had a loaner or an appointment available would be September 19. So here I am dealing with it and I got to the point where it was so loud. I figured the motor was going to fall out of the freaking thing when I was driving it so I went right to the dealer and they worked some magic, they were able to get me into a loaner on September 9th. Dealing with this bullshit And paying my loan payment on a newer vehicle that I never even never had for more than four weeks at a time I contacted Ford credit who my loan was through. They put me in touch with customer relations and customer relations initiated a buy back request which ultimately was denied. The agent assigned to my case stated she would wait until the dealer had a full diagnosis on the motor problem and then Wood call me with the buyback decision. However, I reached out to her to tell her they had a diagnosis so that she could speak with them. She also informed me that she would be contacting the selling dealer as well as the servicing dealer to get a rundown on how bad my vehicle was. She did none of these things, and got me a buyback decision before any diagnosis was none of my vehicle, so to do something they offered to put on a three year/36,000 mile extended warranty on the powertrain to cover any future problems. However the extended warranties come with $100 deductible which would be at my expense. Trading the vehicle in is not an option as the appraisals I’ve gotten for it are severely low due to the extensive history on the vehicle. Customer relations tells me the buyback was denied due to Connecticut lemon law guidelines. I understand following the law and their hands are tied when it comes to the lemon law all this tells me is that Ford does not care about the consumer at all. Ford has other options to make this right, as a loyal ford consumer I am disgusted with this company. I am now paying a loan payment on a vehicle I don’t even have. I was told that I won’t have it back for at least 2 to 3 months and upon questioning them on paying for a vehicle. I don’t have they inform me that I have a loaner so it evens out but it doesn’t because the loaner I have is nothing I would’ve bought and I am unable to do half of my daily routines with the vehicle that I’m in as mine is “being fixed “. So all you bronco owners out there beware when major problems happen Ford will not step in and take care of you. @Ford Motor Company I hope you make this right, shame on you for having people in your customer relations center that lie to your consumers and shame on you for treating your consumers the way you do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Wow….. that really is a lousy situation, sorry for your troubles. I really hope that this gets resolved for you, at least to a point where you can move forward.

Not sure why you cant take care of daily routines with the loaner car, but hope that is resolved as well. Let us know how you make out. I’m in CT also, and will be following your thread here.

OP
OP

Nabalan

Big Bend
First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Wow….. that really is a lousy situation, sorry for your troubles. I really hope that this gets resolved for you, at least to a point where you can move forward.

Not sure why you cant take care of daily routines with the loaner car, but hope that is resolved as well. Let us know how you make out. I’m in CT also, and will be following your thread here.
Thanks for the reply, as far as the loaner goes, I have horses, and load that bronco with hay, shavings, grain, let alone take my dogs in it. Stuff I’ll get charged if it ruins the loaner. I pay for MY vehicle, as I can do what I please with it. Super frustrating.

Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost conv 50 Year App Package
Ford quality control has really went to hell and with Farley saying it's going to take two years or more to fix is an indication that Ford under his leadership doesn't care about their customers.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Ford quality control has really went to hell and with Farley saying it's going to take two years or more to fix is an indication that Ford under his leadership doesn't care about their customers.
What a stupid thing for a CEO to say giving a time frame.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Sorry you are going through so many problems. Unfortunately that's the downside of buying a used car. Unfortunately you have no idea as to what the previous owner did to the car or why they traded it in with only 16,000 miles. Did you buy it from a dealership?

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry you are going through so many problems. Unfortunately that's the downside of buying a used car. Unfortunately you have no idea as to what the previous owner did to the car or why they traded it in with only 16,000 miles. Did you buy it from a dealership?
A Carfax report showing a maintenance history and lack of an accident is so important when buying used.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yep, and certified too.
A Carfax report showing a maintenance history and lack of an accident is so important when buying used.
Although I agree that a Carfax report is crucial on every used car purchase no matter the age/mileage/condition, buying a Ford CPO vehicle implies that Ford will guarantee the vehicle as though it was new. That is why CPO's typically cost a touch more than similar non CPO used cars.

Hopefully OP can get FoMoCo to stand behind the vehicle... and give him a loaner pickup for his hauling needs.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although I agree that a Carfax report is crucial on every used car purchase no matter the age/mileage/condition, buying a Ford CPO vehicle implies that Ford will guarantee the vehicle as though it was new. That is why CPO's typically cost a touch more than similar non CPO used cars.

Hopefully OP can get FoMoCo to stand behind the vehicle... and give him a loaner pickup for his hauling needs.
True but I still want a clean Carfax with a maintenance history. An accident doesn't stop a vehicle from being certified. Unless X amount of panels are replaced or airbags deployed.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
True but I still want a clean Carfax with a maintenance history. An accident doesn't stop a vehicle from being certified. Unless X amount of panels are replaced or airbags deployed.
Is that so-- accidents are not a disqualification from CPO? That sucks if it is the case. I checked Ford's site, no mention of accident status I found on a brief glance.

My Mercedes was CPO, MB's CPO program at the time didn't allow accidents, I would have thought Ford's didn't as well.

But, per the Ford site all certified vehicles come with a Carfax report regardless of their grade in the system.
https://www.ford.com/used/

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that so-- accidents are not a disqualification from CPO? That sucks if it is the case. I checked Ford's site, no mention of accident status I found on a brief glance.

My Mercedes was CPO, MB's CPO program at the time didn't allow accidents, I would have thought Ford's didn't as well.

But, per the Ford site all certified vehicles come with a Carfax report regardless of their grade in the system.
https://www.ford.com/used/
Certification used to be by a number of panels replaced or airbag deployment. Maybe things have changed but I doubt it. Lexus was two panels back in 2015.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Certification used to be by a number of panels replaced or airbag deployment. Maybe things have changed but I doubt it. Lexus was two panels back in 2015.
Interesting, thanks.

I would think an airbag deploying event of any sort would typically be a disqualification but that's just me.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, thanks.

I would think an airbag deploying event of any sort would typically be a disqualification but that's just me.
Airbag deployment really kills the trade in value. Dealers usually don't even want it.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Airbag deployment really kills the trade in value. Dealers usually don't even want it.
Precisely. I wouldn't want it either. Although the Carfax report can and will throw some shade on repairs making them appear worse than they really are. For example, my e46 BMW had "minor damage" to the front fender per the Carfax report. When I bought it, I had a PPI done and asked the company who did it to investigate.

Story I was told was it was backed into in a parking lot, creasing the fender but doing no actual damage. Due to the crease, it was replaced, painted and done as a part of an insurance claim leading to the "minor damage" tick in the report.

Per the PPI and inspection by me and both my regular BMW mechanic and the race fab shop that built my suspension and subframe reinforcements (typically e46 issue, do it before it becomes a problem) there's not a single spot of damage underneath nor any indication the fender was replaced and repainted.

The best part: run the VIN through Carvana and it diminishes the value to under $1K!

It's not an accident/flood damaged car, and it tracks straight and handles like its on rails. It just so happens that if I ever sell it I'm going to have to explain that like I did above and hope it doesn't drop the value at resale.
Sponsored