Blinding glare off windshield

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I've noticed when I'm driving, sometimes it seems like there is a blinding glare bouncing off my windshield. I've noticed it only during certain parts of the day; I think it depends on how the sun hits my windshield. The glare makes people's taillights in front of me look reflective, almost like if you shined a flashlight on their taillights at night. Has anyone else noticed this and do you think I am actually blinding people?
Sponsored

OP
OP

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Makes me wonder if you adjusted your seat up or down? Personally never had this happen but I've seen a few others make the same statement
Maybe I could adjust the seat, but luckily it doesn't blind me. I'm just worried about blinding other people. I know I can't help it but it's just interesting to see the glare at times.

Sometimes the sun hits my hood bulges just right to where I get blinded though. ?

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have noticed I am wearing sunglasses more often driving my BS than other vehicles.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Check to see if it's a film on the inside of your windshield. The plastic in new cars outgas a lot and the film can build back up overnight. I had to clean my new Cherokee every day the buildup was so bad. Polarized sunglasses help a ton with it.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Check to see if it's a film on the inside of your windshield. The plastic in new cars outgas a lot and the film can build back up overnight. I had to clean my new Cherokee every day the buildup was so bad. Polarized sunglasses help a ton with it.
Ditto...I was going to say, inside of the windshield dirty? But yes, dirty grimy film builds up on anyone's windshield without even trying. That will cause the glare, halo effects, etc., and might not be apparent until night or strong lighting conditions.

OP
OP

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I've noticed when I'm driving, sometimes it seems like there is a blinding glare bouncing off my windshield. I've noticed it only during certain parts of the day; I think it depends on how the sun hits my windshield. The glare makes people's taillights in front of me look reflective, almost like if you shined a flashlight on their taillights at night. Has anyone else noticed this and do you think I am actually blinding people?
I should have been more clear. The glare is projecting away from my vehicle onto other vehicles. Almost like my windshield is a mirror and is blinding people.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Maybe I could adjust the seat, but luckily it doesn't blind me. I'm just worried about blinding other people. I know I can't help it but it's just interesting to see the glare at times.

Sometimes the sun hits my hood bulges just right to where I get blinded though. ?
Glad im not the only one... i was trying to think of a solution for that hahha i dont really WANT hood stickers. But have considered it just to get something on there

OP
OP

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Glad im not the only one... i was trying to think of a solution for that hahha i dont really WANT hood stickers. But have considered it just to get something on there
Haha, I thought about stickers just for the bulges because thatā€™s where the sun hits.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Every now and then the B&O logo on the center channel speaker reflects onto the windshield and makes me think I have a crack or chip there.

Murr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yep I've seen both the hood bulges and speakers reflections. The bulges do seem like poor design unfortunately. If you do put a sticker on them I'm sure we'd all like to see how it looks.

lbjailer

First Edition
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F150 Lariat 4X4, Bronco Sport First Edition
The angle of the windshield. I think it may be tilted less than a standard car windshield. I noticed a reflection on other cars, not just the reflective taillights.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Yep I've seen both the hood bulges and speakers reflections. The bulges do seem like poor design unfortunately. If you do put a sticker on them I'm sure we'd all like to see how it looks.
I posted a description a couple months ago and here's a picture since you asked. Simple matte black film. Made a paper template to get shape on section angled towards windshield. Eliminates glare when driving into sun. I am sure this could be done fancier extending down the hood, but it will take some thought as the hood bulges have some slope changes. Guy who posts about stickers could probably design something that integrates the two. For me on silver car it looks fine and is effective. Small area so it was easy to get film on smooth.

Ford Bronco Sport Blinding glare off windshield IMG_E2891[1].JPG
Sponsored