Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The HRG looks WAY BETTER than the Rally Innovations but I wish they made it in aluminum instead of steel--needs the weight savings and with the intention of getting it scratched/scraped the last thing I want is to see rust.
I also like AL. I have steel on my FJ and have not had a problem with rust. As long as good powdercoat. Also prefer less weight if possible. This plate is only for cosmetically protecting the front bumper skin anyway.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The HRG looks WAY BETTER than the Rally Innovations but I wish they made it in aluminum instead of steel--needs the weight savings and with the intention of getting it scratched/scraped the last thing I want is to see rust.
4 bolts and it’s can be taken off to repaint. Weight will depend on the thickness. Steel is three times the weight but also three times the strength for the same thickness. More than likely the steel one is thinner than the aluminum one. Just my opinion though on the thickness.

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
4 bolts and it’s can be taken off to repaint. Weight will depend on the thickness. Steel is three times the weight but also three times the strength for the same thickness. More than likely the steel one is thinner than the aluminum one. Just my opinion though on the thickness.
Called HRG. 25 pounds.

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
In a good way? Don’t want to weigh down the front if possible.
No, not at all.

Seems awfully heavy for something protecting from minor debris and scrapes. Given how it mounts I wouldn't expect any bolt on solution like this to withstand much impact force so it might as well be light weight.

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
No, not at all.

Seems awfully heavy for something protecting from minor debris and scrapes. Given how it mounts I wouldn't expect any bolt on solution like this to withstand much impact force so it might as well be light weight.
Agree. Well that takes us back to the Rally Innovations skid…

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I’ve designed and produced a few motorcycle racks so I might see about doing a skid plate for the BS BL. We’ll see.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
That's hefty!
on standby
waiting for more options
ideal configuration
nudge bar / plate combo
lower termination point of bar needs welded steel tabs for plate connect
plates need to extend upwards to contact bar low point
icing on the cake
tow brackets on nudge bar frame connection point
it can be done
it should be done

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Need someone to design a skid plate that fully mounts for a frontal protection. Maybe have it come up and connect to where the tow hooks are; then it would give stability and structure.
I'm hoping more aftermarket accessories come available for the BS 🤞🙏

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I like how people complain about the weight, but want one that goes to the tow hooks and our protect the whole front end. The skids do save the bumper cover, but protect the radiator since it’s right there. Saves a rock from poking through.
You do need a skid there since it’s the first part that touches off-road. My bumper where the skid would mount is dug up. Should have one there from factory or be a factory option.
Ford Bronco Sport BL Front Skid Plate Options 73BFDB2D-8B5B-4FFA-B05C-052C5A600440

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Should have one there from factory or be a factory option.
Ford Bronco Sport BL Front Skid Plate Options 73BFDB2D-8B5B-4FFA-B05C-052C5A600440
A few of the car magazines who did off road testing got damage on the lower front bumper. They noted it as a flaw in an otherwise very capable SUV. We will probably see the afternarket continue to try to address this short coming. Will Ford ever improve that area who knows.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
A few of the car magazines who did off road testing got damage on the lower front bumper. They noted it as a flaw in an otherwise very capable SUV. We will probably see the afternarket continue to try to address this short coming. Will Ford ever improve that area who knows.
The Badlands is already about 90% capable of the full-size Bronco at a significantly lower price. If Ford makes the Badlands very much more capable it might worry about cutting into the full-size Bronco market.
Sponsored