WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
I have a Big Bend with Co-Pilot 360+. Mine has this feature, it does adjust cruise control to posted speed limit signs.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 20211209_112056

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 20211209_112106

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 20211209_112142
That is interesting. That version of sync is like seven versions old. The latest official version is 3.4.21194. I wonder if it is some sort of oversight in the newer builds. It stands to reason that any vehicle that can read the speed signs should offer the intelligent cruise if it has adaptive. Last year there was an update on my Ranger that didn't include the portion of the climate controls on the touch screen. It was the setting that lets you choose which vents the air blows out of. I went 6 months without being able to choose the vent settings before another update fixed it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That is interesting. That version of sync is like seven versions old. The latest official version is 3.4.21194. I wonder if it is some sort of oversight in the newer builds. It stands to reason that any vehicle that can read the speed signs should offer the intelligent cruise if it has adaptive. Last year there was an update on my Ranger that didn't include the portion of the climate controls on the touch screen. It was the setting that lets you choose which vents the air blows out of. I went 6 months without being able to choose the vent settings before another update fixed it.
That was my logic too. If it has a camera to read the speed limit signs which the option is there for speed alerts and it has adaptive cruise control it would make sense that it would have the intelligent cruise control. Especially since the build sheet says adaptive plus speed sign recognition equals intelligent. My salesman got back with me and said that his manager has been contacting a Ford rep and yesterday we're playing phone tag to get a hold of each other. But naturally they're both off today so there will be no updates. He did say they are hearing that some have it and some don't so they're getting with Ford to see why, if it can be updated or something needs to be updated to have it added and he said or what other options you may have so not sure what he meant by that. But if they do find it's just an update or something I will definitely pass it on once it gets straightened out.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
That was my logic too. If it has a camera to read the speed limit signs which the option is there for speed alerts and it has adaptive cruise control it would make sense that it would have the intelligent cruise control. Especially since the build sheet says adaptive plus speed sign recognition equals intelligent. My salesman got back with me and said that his manager has been contacting a Ford rep and yesterday we're playing phone tag to get a hold of each other. But naturally they're both off today so there will be no updates. He did say they are hearing that some have it and some don't so they're getting with Ford to see why, if it can be updated or something needs to be updated to have it added and he said or what other options you may have so not sure what he meant by that. But if they do find it's just an update or something I will definitely pass it on once it gets straightened out.
I don't understand why speed sign recognition isn't available on all Bronco Sports. They all have the camera standard and I doubt the camera hardware is different from the ones with 360+. I had an Accord with it and even though it didn't affect the adaptive cruise control, it was nice to know the speed of the last posted sign if you haven't seen one in awhile. It could even read the electronic ones that change depending on conditions. I tried using forscan on my ranger to enable it. It said it was enabled in the software but it didn't seem to work.

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
As usual I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealership only time I ever hear anything is when I reach out to them. Then get the usual we're trying to get a hold of Ford starting to not believe that LOL. It would be interesting to see if somebody can figure it out in Forscan. Over in the escape forms they have figured it out if you already have ACC to activate IACC. I wonder if these modules are still the same. I have done some tinkering in Forscan using the known as built updates and was able to turn on the heated seats on the screen. I tried turning iacc on APIM and and IPC before scam was not allowing me to write to the IPC so not sure if that's in issue with Forscan or not. I was able to get the option on the screen but I just get a failure as soon as I turn cruise control on. But hopefully down the road somebody will figure it out how to add it if the dealer can't.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise Screenshot_20211213-152925_Chrome

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Update: Still nothing from the dealer I gave up dealing with them. Got the usual we havent heard back or we playing phone tag BS. But I was able to activate that option in Forscan and works great.

SoCalBB

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the Update OP

I just noticed the same issue with our newly acquired 2022 Big Bend and thought I was going crazy. I was pretty adamant about getting the assist + package with these extra features.

For clarification, did you use the previously posted solution using Forscan? or was it just part of the Forscan interactive menu? I'm tempted to just take the solution to dealer and make them do it, but I imagine I will run into similar issues as you.

Did the option then appear in the sync display like it is supposed to? or is it only indicated as part of the Forscan options? New to all this and its my first ford so any info would be helpful. My inclination is to go with the forscan system anyways if this is week 1 issues for us. Did you need the extended license? or just the free version?

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
FWIW, did this in the Corsair. Get a forscan license (it's free), and "Sign recognition" is in the "easy" menu. Works great...

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the Update OP

I just noticed the same issue with our newly acquired 2022 Big Bend and thought I was going crazy. I was pretty adamant about getting the assist + package with these extra features.

For clarification, did you use the previously posted solution using Forscan? or was it just part of the Forscan interactive menu? I'm tempted to just take the solution to dealer and make them do it, but I imagine I will run into similar issues as you.

Did the option then appear in the sync display like it is supposed to? or is it only indicated as part of the Forscan options? New to all this and its my first ford so any info would be helpful. My inclination is to go with the forscan system anyways if this is week 1 issues for us. Did you need the extended license? or just the free version?
Sorry just now seeing this. I already had the speed sign recognition so I didn't have to change everything. I believe I had to make a few changes I have them written down. Tomorrow I will pull up Forscan and get some screenshots of what I did change and what my settings look like. You will need to have the extended license. You can get a 2 month trial but I just paid the $20 for a three-year license. The only menu that had a drop-down option would have been the apim but when I changed it to enable for the intelligent cruise control it didn't work right though it did previous one I attempted when I first purchased it. So all my changes were done in the as built. But again I will go out tomorrow and open it up and get screenshots of what I changed.

SoCalBB

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
No apologies needed. Thanks for taking the time, it's really appreciated.

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No Worries...so here is what i changed. Just make sure to backup your modules so you have a copy incase you need to revert back to Stock. All these were done in AS-BUILT Configuration. This is assuming you already have speed sign recognition, as mine did have this just not the IACC.

APIM
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise Apim.PNG
7D0-09-02...Change the Highlighted to an E (4th Digit)

IPC
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise IPC.PNG
720-09-02 Change Highlighted to a 2 (1st Digit)

IPMA
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise IPMA.PNG
706-01-02 Change Highlighted to an A (4th Digit)

Hope this helps anyone else that may need this!

SoCalBB

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thanks so Much! I'm waiting on the OBDLink and I'll update with results.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
My 22 BB has 360+ and does not have the option for intelligent cruise control.
I just hooked up ForSCAN and looked at the 'easy mode' and saw an 'Intelligent Auto Cruise Control' which is disabled right now. Has anyone tried just flipping that to enabled instead of doing the As Built config listed earlier?

-Dave

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My 22 BB has 360+ and does not have the option for intelligent cruise control.
I just hooked up ForSCAN and looked at the 'easy mode' and saw an 'Intelligent Auto Cruise Control' which is disabled right now. Has anyone tried just flipping that to enabled instead of doing the As Built config listed earlier?

-Dave
For the apim you should be able to use easy mode mode and turn the option on and off. Have an issue of that when I first bought the truck I turned that on and it did allow me to turn the optionally but would tell me it was unavailable due to the ipma not being set. For whatever reason once I figured out what needed to be changed in the IPC and the ipma when I tried to do it in the apim it didn't work right so I had to do the as built instead of easy mode. I think there is something in the IPC in the easy way for that but the way it was reading I wasn't sure which option to change cuz there were several so I just stuck with the as built change on the three changes

FatmanOSU

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend, 2001 F150
Looks like my new 2022 BB does not have the option on the screen either. It says on the build it should.
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 1651018709760

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
I was going to turn it on via FORScan, but after really watching just the sign detection on the roads around me, decided not to. It has a problem with a lot of them around me, like reading the speed on the access road next to the high way instead of the highway (45 vs 65)... I think I'd be fighting with it a lot to keep it at the right speed limit.. so I'm ok without it for now.
Sponsored