Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a BB with 360+ and build date of 10/5/21. Per the job 2 updates, speed sign recognition and intelligent cruise were added to the BB for all builds 5/10/21 and after. I have speed sign recognition settings for the speed alerts but the only options I have for cruise is Normal and Adaptive.

I spoke with my salesman and sent him the paper that showed that it should have it per the Job 2 updates and he said he was going to research. They came back and said it looks like since it said speed sign recognition plus adaptive = intelligent so it was integrated with the adaptive. I told them there should be a setting per the manual and what I have seen online to turn it on and off and it definitely doesn't change the speed. They asked me to bring it in to look at it. This was the day before thanksgiving. They looked at it for about 20 minutes and the salesman had me ride with him to see if it was working even though there was no setting and naturally it didn't.

He said he wanted me to bring it back the following week so service could dig into the modules to see if there were any updates and get with Ford if they need to figure it out. Monday came and he said to wait on bring the vehicle in they were getting with a technician and ford to see before I bring it in. I messaged him today as I haven't heard anything and he said the technician said they need to get with Ford reps to find out so still don't know anything at this point. He also said all the BB they have been getting on the lot haven't had it either so not sure if it was supposed to or not or if there as build issues. So long story short, I wanted to see if there was an other BB owners that have 360+ that do in fact have the intelligent cruise option or is the literature just incorrect.
Sponsored

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
First off I’m just asking ok, do you know there is a push button on the left end of the blinker lever ??
I believe that messes with the on off, I’m gonna go for a ride and check it out, I’ll be right back.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
I think there is a mistake on Ford's description of IACC on the Bronco Sport. You do have speed sign recognition IACC uses the radar like normal and slows down as you approach another vehicle but can also read the speed signs. The packaging guide for the 2021 says that ACC+speed sign recognition = IACC, but the only vehicles that ford specifically talks about the system adjusting speed based on traffic sign recognition are vehicles with Sync 4, but not all of them (like the 2021 Edge) are described in that way. I could be completely wrong as it is all very confusing but that is how I interperet it.

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It does have the push button on the lever to turn the lane keep assist on and off. I know he intelligent option to turn on and off should be under the settings on the touch screen display under driver assistance and cruise control and it should have 3 options

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think there is a mistake on Ford's description of IACC on the Bronco Sport. You do have speed sign recognition IACC uses the radar like normal and slows down as you approach another vehicle but can also read the speed signs. The packaging guide for the 2021 says that ACC+speed sign recognition = IACC, but the only vehicles that ford specifically talks about the system adjusting speed based on traffic sign recognition are vehicles with Sync 4, but not all of them (like the 2021 Edge) are described in that way. I could be completely wrong as it is all very confusing but that is how I interperet it.
Yea the weird thing is I have seen videos online describing the different options and the ones that have it have 3 options, normal, adaptive and intelligent and none of the bronco sports have sync 4. The manual even points to these options in the manual and for IACC it says if equipped. Thats what i am trying to see since IACC was supposed to be added to BB as part of the Job 2 updates

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I have a BB with 360+ and build date of 10/5/21. Per the job 2 updates, speed sign recognition and intelligent cruise were added to the BB for all builds 5/10/21 and after. I have speed sign recognition settings for the speed alerts but the only options I have for cruise is Normal and Adaptive.

I spoke with my salesman and sent him the paper that showed that it should have it per the Job 2 updates and he said he was going to research. They came back and said it looks like since it said speed sign recognition plus adaptive = intelligent so it was integrated with the adaptive. I told them there should be a setting per the manual and what I have seen online to turn it on and off and it definitely doesn't change the speed. They asked me to bring it in to look at it. This was the day before thanksgiving. They looked at it for about 20 minutes and the salesman had me ride with him to see if it was working even though there was no setting and naturally it didn't.

He said he wanted me to bring it back the following week so service could dig into the modules to see if there were any updates and get with Ford if they need to figure it out. Monday came and he said to wait on bring the vehicle in they were getting with a technician and ford to see before I bring it in. I messaged him today as I haven't heard anything and he said the technician said they need to get with Ford reps to find out so still don't know anything at this point. He also said all the BB they have been getting on the lot haven't had it either so not sure if it was supposed to or not or if there as build issues. So long story short, I wanted to see if there was an other BB owners that have 360+ that do in fact have the intelligent cruise option or is the literature just incorrect.
According to the Ford Bronco Sport Order Guide:

Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, Lane Centering
• Evasive Steering Assist
• Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
Speed Sign Recognition

Note: Adaptive Cruise Control with Speed Sign Recognition = Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yup, and that bold note is exactly what I was trying to explain to them as it should have the IACC. They told me that note meant it was integrated with the adaptive and it was always on. I told them that doesnt make sense as the manual mentions the setting, the cruise control definitely doesnt change speed automatically and the display doesnt have the green box around it as mentioned. Thats why they wanted to ride around with me in it to see if it just did it without the setting. So its not crucial, but I am pushing back on the dealer as it looks to be it should be there!

Last edited:

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok my BigBend has the 360+ I just went for a ride, and the cruise works fine for me. Are you saying that when the speed limit sign changes the cruise should automatically change with it ??? Because I don’t see an option for that according to the screen, it just says that it will notify you if you have it selected. (3rd pic)

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 2F04EFA2-A9DE-41DC-AFD1-59FE452518B5
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 1786490C-AAD0-44A4-82E3-1921D0112092

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 07D88757-0A28-4E68-8D06-1975043B76F6

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ok my BigBend has the 360+ I just went for a ride, and the cruise works fine for me. Are you saying that when the speed limit sign changes the cruise should automatically change with it ??? Because I don’t see an option for that according to the screen, it just says that it will notify you if you have it selected. (3rd pic)

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 2F04EFA2-A9DE-41DC-AFD1-59FE452518B5
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 1786490C-AAD0-44A4-82E3-1921D0112092

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 07D88757-0A28-4E68-8D06-1975043B76F6
Correct there should be a third option that states intelligent cruise and that will adjust the speed according to the speed limit. That's part of the issue I am trying to figure out. See job 2 updates for big bend.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise Screenshot_20211203-185905_Drive

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine has a build date of 8/21 ,

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to that writup you posted, would you think that you can’t get a moon roof on the BigBend any longer ?

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct there should be a third option that states intelligent cruise and that will adjust the speed according to the speed limit. That's part of the issue I am trying to figure out. See job 2 updates for big bend.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise Screenshot_20211203-185905_Drive
I just checked mine for any Sync 3 updates but mine says up to date with version 3.4

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Intelligent Cruise 9E52C417-6208-4161-8ACA-5B1D9AC32996

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah I have the newest build to. I am really wondering if it's just a module that needs to be updated but still waiting to hear back from the dealer so I was hoping somebody else on here was like yeah I have it but so far it seems like no bb's do. And yeah I think they said they got rid of the moonroof for the remainder of the 2021 model year looks like as part of the 5/10 updates

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya bud but I also have a power moonroof when that article says that I shouldn’t have it. So I’m kinda going by that too, who knows what the hell there doing, but I tried that scenario in the city to see if the cruise speed would change when the speed limit sign changed and the cruise didn't do anything so we have that.

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Haha yea I agree with ya. With all the shortages and stuff who knows. I am just happy to be in one. Just had to put feelers out to see if anyone actually had it or not cause even the dealership is like ummmm lol
Sponsored