Be warned

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Do not do what I did.
I wanted a bunch of extras like the cargo management system, hitch, etc, and decided to not get them when I bought the vehicle. I was told by my dealership that the stuff could be added afterwards. I would avoid finance charges and so it as I wanted.

It cannot be done. The bumper is different (u-haul can be added thankfully) but the cargo management system? Nope. That requires a different trunk set up entirely. I just discovered that and am pissed that a) it is different and b) my dealership knew so little about the car that they didn’t know this. Ford’s website didn’t make the difference obvious either.
My advice therefore is simple: if you have even the slightest thought that you might maybe someday want the cargo management system later, get it when you buy the vehicle. Otherwise, you are SOL.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Do not do what I did.
I wanted a bunch of extras like the cargo management system, hitch, etc, and decided to not get them when I bought the vehicle. I was told by my dealership that the stuff could be added afterwards. I would avoid finance charges and so it as I wanted.

It cannot be done. The bumper is different (u-haul can be added thankfully) but the cargo management system? Nope. That requires a different trunk set up entirely. I just discovered that and am pissed that a) it is different and b) my dealership knew so little about the car that they didn’t know this. Ford’s website didn’t make the difference obvious either.
My advice therefore is simple: if you have even the slightest thought that you might maybe someday want the cargo management system later, get it when you buy the vehicle. Otherwise, you are SOL.
Nice write up, and I am not trying to pile on the search feature, there was a whole thread on cargo management and the process/obscene cost to retrofit. The side panels are different and make it cost prohibitive to add aftermarket. You can, but as stated yeah it's not pretty. Sorry you found out the hard way it's a bummer Adding CMS

OP
OP

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Nice write up, and I am not trying to pile on the search feature, there was a whole thread on cargo management and the process/obscene cost to retrofit. The side panels are different and make it cost prohibitive to add aftermarket. You can, but as stated yeah it's not pretty. Sorry you found out the hard way it's a bummer Adding CMS
I am new here so didn’t see it! Apologies. I just found it hard to believe the dealership didn’t have a clue.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am new here so didn’t see it! Apologies. I just found it hard to believe the dealership didn’t have a clue.
No apologies needed, I wasn't trying to pick at you, just a heads up going forward when in doubt hit the search. A lot of folks have added a lot of great content and ideas. Again wasn't meant to insult or ridicule, hopefully it will save you and others work later. All good.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Southern Ontario Eh? I used to hang out on Manatoulin Island in my youth. We would go as far as Sudbury in the summers. Had a few college teammates from. Ontario, one was from Almyer.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Dealerships never have a clue about those things. I've always researched options prior to talking to the sales guys. Had one tell me I couldn't get the interior/exterior combo I wanted. Another one told me I couldn't get a 2WD model of a truck. Ended up buying both vehicles the way I wanted them. Someone else might come along and see this thread while researching. If they're lucky, they'll find all the FacePlace posts from people complaining about the cargo system rattles/ scuffs/ strength/ dimensions/ stiffness/ etc. You might have dodged a bullet.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
I will typically know more about vehicles than the sales people and is why I hate dealerships so much. It's an antiquated profession.
It is time to have LED screens at dealerships where you build you vehicle , send it to manager ,then order it. Since Ford is going to limit inventory at dealerships there is no longer a need for the vultures,
we actually could just do it at home. Save 4 hours and then have it delivered, just like Tesla.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I still have a BL on order since Feb. 16 and put the cargo management system in it. Dealer found an identical unit, except it lacked the cargo system. I haven't missed it one bit. It's a cheap and flimsy add. The BL has tons of good features and I'm pefectly happy with mine.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got mine without cargo management system because it was sitting on a lot.
After couple of month using BS...I don't think I would benefit from it. I rerely open a tiny hatch glass...it's there for a feature, not usability.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got mine without cargo management system because it was sitting on a lot.
After couple of month using BS...I don't think I would benefit from it. I really open a tiny hatch glass...it's there for a feature, not usability.
I've never opened the glass. Useless so far as I'm concerned. If it's ajar and you slam your deck, it could fracture the glass.

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I saw a BL equipped with CMS on a dealer lot and briefly thought about putting it on my must have list, but realized that for 95% of my daily usage it would actually be in the way. Glad I passed.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I'll have the CMS if available in 2022. $110 option a no brainer.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I'll have the CMS if available in 2022. $110 option a no brainer.

I have one coming with CMS as well. I think it's a missed opportunity for Ford since you can only add it at the factory. All trims should've been CMS compatible with shelving be an optional accessory.
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Photos, Videos, Build Journals 29