Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
It is time to have LED screens at dealerships where you build you vehicle , send it to manager ,then order it. Since Ford is going to limit inventory at dealerships there is no longer a need for the vultures,
we actually could just do it at home. Save 4 hours and then have it delivered, just like Tesla.
We kinda did that at my dealership. I knew my must haves and wants. We sat down at a computer terminal, went through every screen together and discussed the options. He printed out the final report and took it in the back (?) He came back all apologetic. He couldn't get the crossbars. No problem, add them later. Now, I did order in September. Got a December build with everything I wanted. OB/OB 360+ moonroof tow package.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I still have a BL on order since Feb. 16 and put the cargo management system in it. Dealer found an identical unit, except it lacked the cargo system. I haven't missed it one bit. It's a cheap and flimsy add. The BL has tons of good features and I'm pefectly happy with mine.
Exactly my story. Placed it in my order, we attend a lot of college football, it just seemed ideal for food. The dealer found one and that's all that was missing so I bought it. Haven't looked back and it hasn't changed my use. Now the rear glass, my old school was key operation. Key down and key up into the door panel. I've used the flip glass a few times putting small odds and ends in the back when dropping a towel or some rope it was just there and accessible. I like the option.
As for LED screens, thanks covid. That's somewhat the new model of ordering. Both guys I worked with made suggestions as I ordered/purchased to confirm what I have. They were both very knowledgeable which helps a lot.
Last Ram truck I owned a buddy was the sales guy...he actually joked he was learning as I was asking questions and exploring the truck. It was a guy I knew so I wasn't as upset, and he wrote everything down and asked the sales manager before we bought. But there is so much incompetence out there.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It is time to have LED screens at dealerships where you build you vehicle , send it to manager ,then order it. Since Ford is going to limit inventory at dealerships there is no longer a need for the vultures,
we actually could just do it at home. Save 4 hours and then have it delivered, just like Tesla.
This is also how you order a Filet O Fish and still, my order comes out all sorts of McF____d up most of the time.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This is also how you order a Filet O Fish and still, my order comes out all sorts of McF____d up most of the time.
I respect you but...your first and only mistake was ordering a filet O WTF at McD. I will state with absolute honesty that was a favorite 30+ years ago when a bite resembled fish inside. Now...it's a Frankenmash of chum chunks or something... They didn't mess up...they served what you ordered ???

Fritz Bay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I generally agree about the glass. Yet, I have used it to access the back when traveling with a canoe on the top so as not to unhook the back tie down.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I bought off the lot as the limited inventory available had everything I thought I wanted. Sp far so good.
While he was a very nice older gentleman, my dealer was clueless as to even having the Bronco Sport on his lot. I did my research and made my decision based on my research.
Sorry OP had a lousy experience. Hey Ford, you listening?

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
I agree with ops. Order what you want. The CMS was the least expensive option and I thought if I don't want to use it then I'll just take it out. Actually I have found it very useful, if nothing else it provides privacy. When locked in place properly I have have no rattles. I haven't tried to haul bricks on it but functions as advertised. You can add after for about 1K. My dealer had BS training 5 months after my order but followed the same process I did to verify the options.

I find the rear window useful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Photos, Videos, Build Journals 29