M225

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Im aware this question has been asked a few times - did some preliminary searches, i apologize in advance if I missed something, but I didn't see any answers.

Has anyone with the base model, OB, or BB taken off the bumper and attempted to install tow hooks?
Sponsored

BroncoPapa

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Im aware this question has been asked a few times - did some preliminary searches, i apologize in advance if I missed something, but I didn't see any answers.

Has anyone with the base model, OB, or BB taken off the bumper and attempted to install tow hooks?
I've also been searching for an answer and haven't been able to find one. I guess I am going to have to wait until there is an aftermarket kit to confirm or spend all day taking the bumper off just to explore.

poptarts

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport base
im curious.. my front seems like there is no place to pull from on my base :( looks like I will find someone who makes me an aftermarket bumper.

OP
OP
M225

M225

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Ill ask my dealer if they know if the frame has any pre threaded areas - would be a major bummer if not.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Anyone find out any good information yet? Or know of a different thread?
My Bumper is currently being replaced at my dealers body shop
I just gave them a call To look if there are threads to put tow hooks in the area were the plastic covers are on the bumper .
Shop Forman said : No threads to add tow hooks . I am not down there so I can’t take any photos or check it out myself.

rmoretzsky

Outer Banks
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
But from my understanding ... that nudge bar connects where the two hooks are on models equipped with them
Resurrecting this thread since I just picked up my Outer Banks and have been wondering this same thing...

From the images supplied by Reklussloth (thanks!) those mending plates for the nudge bar are where 2 anchor bolts go on the Tow Hooks as well. The threading that others have asked about seems to be either there or irrelevant, as the tow hooks have threading but show on the factory parts pages as requiring a specific washer and nut set as well. I don't want to be the first to buy 'em and try 'em, but I am leaning that way... unless there is conclusive proof in another thread somewhere?

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
The holes in the frame are unthreaded , the tow hooks slip in and get a nut and washer on the back, and a bracket attached to the alloy bumper tabs. The frame is the same, there aren’t any different part numbers for the allloy bumper. I think there is a pair of brackets needed in addition to the tow hooks, and a question of whether the nuts and washers are included.

rmoretzsky

Outer Banks
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That is exactly what my poking around service guides/parts catalogues/teardown pics lead me to believe, just nobody had said that 100%. Just didn't want to drop the $$$ without knowing!

Mustang94

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I work as parts person at the local Ford Dealer and had a customer come in to ask if this was possible. this is the catalog page for the tow hooks. Ford does not list a replacement procedure on their tech portal. from what I can see you should be able to remove the bumper cover and order the 2 hooks and 4 mounting bolts to outfit any Bronco with them. I will inform you if the customer approves us to do this and if it works or not.
Ford Bronco Sport Base Model/OB/BB Front Tow Hooks Broncho Sport Tow hooks
Sponsored

Last edited: