BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just in case anybody is interested and wants to keep tabs on this topic and/or is looking to make these additions/modifications to their Base, BB or OB.

Since my BB does not have underbody protection, I am keeping my eye out for aftermarket underbody armor/skid/bash plates. I have been checking different sites and so far, nothing. As a matter of fact, there really aren't many third-party aftermarket accessories out right now (I know Ford has accessories). Waiting on Rough Country, Daystar, 4Wheel Parts, etc. to start coming out with stuff, especially skids plates!
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Please post if find any . I damaged the factory underbody liner, though I would crush a thin layer of ice over a puddle. Turns out it was 2”+ thick. I went thru it and had to get pulled out. I am new to driving off of pavement, you live and learn as I always say.

James

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Curious to see the factory under armor on the BL or FE if anyone has pics.

OP
OP
BamaBronco

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So this is what I have found so far...

I haven't seen any aftermarket skid plates yet, but I was checking Ford's parts site and found the information below. Check out these links:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/engine-compartment-splash-shield-13359241-1#sectionId:324047839

and

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/sheet-metal-under-body/deflector-13287127-1

The first item (part #6775) says it's an "Engine Compartment Splash Shield" and the second item (part #9911782) says it's a "Deflector". Both say they are for Bronco Sports with underbody protection, so I would assume both of these items are included on the BL and FE? If so, maybe these can be added to non-BL and FE trims.

And while the first item (6775) is easy to see/find on the exploded image of separate parts (green plate in the front), the second item (9911782) is not labeled in the same image. Maybe it's the two longer yellow plates running on the sides? Now, I have these on my BB, but they're a composite material and not sheet metal like it says in the URL (sheet-metal-under-body). So again, I'm assuming this is different than what I have.

Maybe someone else can make sense of this...

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
There will have to be a different mounting method for the Skid Plates also , I had the Engine compartment one off already & its held on with clip on fasteners . A skid plate worth its salt , would be bolted to the Frame rails or other hardened points . I would also like to see a photo of the under belly of the BS with Skid protection .

The after market I'm sure is gearing up on this stuff already , as some posts on different threads here have already discussed .I don't plan on taking my BS Rock climbing , but after looking at what is under there , I want something better . The covers may be good for wind tunnel air flow , but I see no protection from that material even from a lot of road use in the rain . Not exactly sure what that material is , its like pressed treated cloth .

OP
OP
BamaBronco

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'd be surprised if you couldn't order the badlands skidplates and install those.
Agreed. I would think the underpinnings are nearly identical between non-BL and BL/FE trims. Non-BL trims probably have the same mounting holes where the skid plates are installed on BL/FE trims; they're just not currently being used on non-BL trims. Hopefully this is the case!

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Agreed. I would think the underpinnings are nearly identical between non-BL and BL/FE trims. Non-BL trims probably have the same mounting holes where the skid plates are installed on BL/FE trims; they're just not currently being used on non-BL trims. Hopefully this is the case!
I certainly hope that this is the case! ?

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is FE. No skid plate...not even pressed cloth under the passenger.

Ford Bronco Sport Base/Big Bend/Outer Banks Underbody Protection / Armor IMG20210603163902

Ford Bronco Sport Base/Big Bend/Outer Banks Underbody Protection / Armor IMG20210603163857

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
This is FE. No skid plate...not even pressed cloth under the passenger.

Ford Bronco Sport Base/Big Bend/Outer Banks Underbody Protection / Armor IMG20210603163902

Ford Bronco Sport Base/Big Bend/Outer Banks Underbody Protection / Armor IMG20210603163857
That is not a normal place for a Skid /Crash Plate , but some sound deadening material would be a good thing . Skid Plates normally cover critical components , Transfer Case , Gas Tank & Oil Pan , are what are some of the components protected .

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That is not a normal place for a Skid /Crash Plate , but some sound deadening material would be a good thing . Skid Plates normally cover critical components , Transfer Case , Gas Tank & Oil Pan , are what are some of the components protected .
I've seen pictures where the cat has a shield over it.
My gas tank is protected.. I should of said deflectors.

OP
OP
BamaBronco

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Just in case anybody is interested and wants to keep tabs on this topic and/or is looking to make these additions/modifications to their Base, BB or OB.

Since my BB does not have underbody protection, I am keeping my eye out for aftermarket underbody armor/skid/bash plates. I have been checking different sites and so far, nothing. As a matter of fact, there really aren't many third-party aftermarket accessories out right now (I know Ford has accessories). Waiting on Rough Country, Daystar, 4Wheel Parts, etc. to start coming out with stuff, especially skids plates!

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport

https://www.rival4x4usa.com/products/aluminum-engine-skid-plate-ford-bronco-sport-2021-2022
Sponsored