Badlands Water Fording vs Base/Big Bend/Outerbanks Waterfording

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Does anyone know what the Badlands has on it that the Base/Big Bend/Outerbanks doesn’t? It has, according to for Ford, 6 inches more water fording capability at 23” on the Badlands vs 17” on the Base/Big Bend/Outer Banks. I’m curious if they have different door seals on the lower portion of the door or something.
Sponsored

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Does anyone know what the Badlands has on it that the Base/Big Bend/Outerbanks doesn’t? It has, according to for Ford, 6 inches more water fording capability at 23” on the Badlands vs 17” on the Base/Big Bend/Outer Banks. I’m curious if they have different door seals on the lower portion of the door or something.
I believe the BL and FE have triple sealed doors and then the 1 in lift which gives it almost 2 ft of water capabilites

OP
OP
plumbusfactoryworker
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I believe the BL and FE have triple sealed doors and then the 1 in lift which gives it almost 2 ft of water capabilites
I wonder if I would be able to add the additional seals on the doors of my Big Bend. I’m gonna start digging into the Ford parts website

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
On my Raptor (32" depth at 4mph max) there are vent tubes that extend above the advertised water fording depth. Don't remember exactly how many but trans and both diffs for sure. At delivery I put it on a lift and explored the under carriage and traced them out but not sure how many from 10 years back.

I don't expect the BS to be the same but I'd certainly check my ride carefully before proceeding.

OP
OP
plumbusfactoryworker
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
On my Raptor (32" depth at 4mph max) there are vent tubes that extend above the advertised water fording depth. Don't remember exactly how many but trans and both diffs for sure. At delivery I put it on a lift and explored the under carriage and traced them out but not sure how many from 10 years back.

I don't expect the BS to be the same but I'd certainly check my ride carefully before proceeding.
Thank you for pointing that out. I think it would be pretty easy to extend the vent tubes. I’m not looking for much just want to get another couple of inches of water fording. But I would keep myself restricted to the 17 inches that we are told from the factory
Sponsored