Badlands ordered, Ford changing options.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
No, got an email from Ford when originally ordered so the order was placed.
Sounds like dealer will delete to get vehicle built. Never heard of Ford ever automatically deleting options from an ordered vehicle. Usually you get choice to delete option or continue to wait. Sounds like dealer lying to me...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I just talked to the sales manager at my dealer about my Badlands with premium package and 360+.

He said the order went through “clean” with no problems so far.

He said Ford would not simply remove or delete options from a customer’s order. That’s not how it works. The customer would be notified and given options.

He explained that it can depend on the combination of options and model as to what problems might occur. For example, he said they received a notice stating an optional moonroof was no longer available for one model but was for another (both Bronco Sports).

He also mentioned that they typically see more problems with dealer ordered vehicles. Perhaps Ford is prioritizing customer orders?

blankobject

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Received th following email yesterday from my dealer, ordered it on 4/8/2022:

"I am reaching out to let you know that the premium package and the full size spare are causing delays with orders. In order for Ford to get these vehicles produced, they are going to be taking those off and anything else that would be considered a commodity restraint. This will be happening automatically on May 8th."

Along with this it is giving me option to cancel order. Anyone else receive anything like this? Original order had Premium package, 360+, Falkens, Towing, Grey roof, Cargo management.
No notification not even "your vehicle is in production" email but I took a look just on my own and it is in production. I then took a look at the windows sticker and 2 of the 3 options I ordered have been removed (Tow and Tech Package on the Outer Banks). They did however list Co-Pilot 360+ as the only option it is being built with. Very disappointing.

Bdud

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
No notification not even "your vehicle is in production" email but I took a look just on my own and it is in production. I then took a look at the windows sticker and 2 of the 3 options I ordered have been removed (Tow and Tech Package on the Outer Banks). They did however list Co-Pilot 360+ as the only option it is being built with. Very disappointing.
That would be a deal breaker for me as I will not own a vehicle without a hitch. I understand you can add a hitch later but if they are removing it from a build it probably means they can't get it.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
When I tried to order a Badlands through AutoNation it kept getting kicked back:

Unable to perform this action due to the following feature constraint:

Power Moonroof
Premium Package
Ford CO-Pilot360 Assist+

”Constraint type: Controlled Commodity”

This happened several times in early April.

I then went to another dealer who was able to order everything and gave me a VIN within a few days. The dealer was showing a build week of 6 June.

Honestly, I don’t know who to believe.

I subsequently bought a Area 51 Badlands with Premium package and no hitch, 360+ or moonroof. I am having an OEM hitch and bumper installed if and when they ever come in.

I really do think those items are a problem right now.

I’m very happy with my choice and am lucky to get one.

Reactions: Jrl

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
about a few weeks ago I even heard Badlands order bank were closed! mainly due to short of parts I assumed. but if they are accepting order now, I guess they found a way to build them.....or delay them to '23 model maybe?? But removing option without communicating with the retail order is not right!

recently, Rivian reached out to their ordered customers that due to supply issue, the white interior parts are delay. and if the customer wants their trucks built earlier, they can change to the black or green interior. well...bunch people was not happy with that communication but i think that is the right thing to do. if you want to stick with the ordered option, I think that is customer's choice to wait....unless they said those options are no longer offered.

I would be very disappointed and angry if I waited months and months then did not get what I want. I could of gone to a different vehicle sooner. I'm sure the dealers doesn't care 'cus they would sell that car to someone else.....

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Were the other options listed in the tracker previously? Prior to window sticker all the options are listed wonder if they were there before or not?

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, that really sucks. Although I guess those of us with '22 Badlands with the premium package just had another increase in resale value then.

OP
OP

BK_Rider

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 VW Touareg, 2013 Toyota Tundra, 2022 BS/BL
Never was scheduled so no way to confirm. Got order confirmation email from Ford on 4/7/2022. Surprised me to as I ordered from a forum sponsor, Granger...

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems funky. I ordered March 10th. Dealer called me 2 weeks later to offer the option of shipping the vehicle without the OEM full-size spare and just ordering me a duplicate spare. Of course I agreed, as they said it would get it off the assembly line quicker. However, still no build date and we're coming up on 2 months since my order. So, who knows?

blankobject

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
When I tried to order a Badlands through AutoNation it kept getting kicked back:

Unable to perform this action due to the following feature constraint:

Power Moonroof
Premium Package
Ford CO-Pilot360 Assist+

”Constraint type: Controlled Commodity”

This happened several times in early April.

I then went to another dealer who was able to order everything and gave me a VIN within a few days. The dealer was showing a build week of 6 June.

Honestly, I don’t know who to believe.

I subsequently bought a Area 51 Badlands with Premium package and no hitch, 360+ or moonroof. I am having an OEM hitch and bumper installed if and when they ever come in.

I really do think those items are a problem right now.

I’m very happy with my choice and am lucky to get one.
I am happy to get a Badlands out of the deal. I wanted one to begin with and after all this mess with my order I was happy to find one at a price I can afford. Got it in Alabama sold at MSRP. I will also be adding an OEM hitch and bumper once the parts are available. It might be 6 months down the road but I am loving the pick up and go of the 2.0 engine!

blankobject

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Were the other options listed in the tracker previously? Prior to window sticker all the options are listed wonder if they were there before or not?
I remember Tech Package being listed under the "packages" section. It is no longer listed there. I can not remember the tow option being listed, but I do know what is listed on my dealer order sheet and that is not what is on the Window sticker. I just feel bad for others that this happening to, I hope they can find an alternative or get a discount on their order.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Received th following email yesterday from my dealer, ordered it on 4/8/2022:

"I am reaching out to let you know that the premium package and the full size spare are causing delays with orders. In order for Ford to get these vehicles produced, they are going to be taking those off and anything else that would be considered a commodity restraint. This will be happening automatically on May 8th."

Along with this it is giving me option to cancel order. Anyone else receive anything like this? Original order had Premium package, 360+, Falkens, Towing, Grey roof, Cargo management.
when was your build date? Ours is May 10th and we have not received this email.
Sponsored