Badlands Edition Floors?

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I understand the Badlands Edition have somewhat "rubberized" floor material? Are the front seats the only areas to have the rubberized floor material only? Or basically the whole floor of the car from front to back? I'm curious what others think of this and how it cleans up. Do you vacuum per usual and then do a wipe down now as well?

I did order floor liners with my BL, but read something about carpeted floor mats with this selection. Are these the rubber floor mats on top of the rubber floor? Or are these carpeted floor mats on rubber?
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The whole floor is rubber. The standard floor mats are carpet. If you ordered the optional floor mats they are rubber.

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
The whole floor is rubber. The standard floor mats are carpet. If you ordered the optional floor mats they are rubber.
Gotcha. Wonder how this would look. Don't suppose anyone can share pictures of this if any have the same buildout as me. What are your thoughts, would you do it again if you ordered another one?

Never owned A car with no carpet before, so not 100% sure how my experience with it will be. Wish there was an option for the BL edition on this, as I would've preferred carpet for sure probably over the rubber, especially if I already have the rubber carpet mats.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My Badlands has carpeted mats over the rubber flooring. I throw the mats in the back for off roading.

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
My Badlands has carpeted mats over the rubber flooring. I throw the mats in the back for off roading.
If you order the Floor Liners do you also get the carpet mats?

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The rubber flooring and carpeted floor mats were standard equipment in 2021 on the Badlands.
Not sure for if it has changed for 2022.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Both of my F 150s featured "rubberized" floors. Meant that I had to use molded mats (flat ones just slide around).
Clean with soap and water, don't use armor all (unless you want to slide).

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
The rubber flooring and carpeted floor mats were standard equipment in 2021 on the Badlands.
Not sure for if it has changed for 2022.
Ya from my understanding still rubber as standard. But I also ordered the Rubber Floor Liners. Not sure if I still get the carpet ones along with the liners.

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Both of my F 150s featured "rubberized" floors. Meant that I had to use molded mats (flat ones just slide around).
Clean with soap and water, don't use armor all (unless you want to slide).
What are your thoughts on this material? Does this make it seem less premium to you? Or is it something that doesn't really make a point when you or others get into the vehicle, as in not very noticeable?

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wish I could get rubber floors with my OBX. I hate carpet floors. I’m constantly tracking in dirt and twigs, and it feels like they meld in with the carpet. Hard to vacuum it out.

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
If you order the Floor Liners do you also get the carpet mats?
Yes you get both. I believe the option is “floor liner (with carpet mat)” or something like that. Kinda confusing. We ordered it anyway on our BL and you get the carpet floor mats and floor liners both with the “Bronco Sport” script.

What are your thoughts on this material? Does this make it seem less premium to you? Or is it something that doesn't really make a point when you or others get into the vehicle, as in not very noticeable?
This is not the typical rubber floor that you would’ve seen in an F-150 XL or some other utilitarian vehicle of years past. While it is rubber, to me, it looks like a nicely designed and functional option. It has the same design molded in as rear seat back covers, cargo floor, and the optional floor liners. I too was unsure if it would look as “premium” as carpet. I have zero complaints.

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Yes you get both. I believe the option is “floor liner (with carpet mat)” or something like that. Kinda confusing. We ordered it anyway on our BL and you get the carpet floor mats and floor liners both with the “Bronco Sport” script.

This is not the typical rubber floor that you would’ve seen in an F-150 XL or some other utilitarian vehicle of years past. While it is rubber, to me, it looks like a nicely designed and functional option. It has the same design molded in as rear seat back covers, cargo floor, and the optional floor liners. I too was unsure if it would look as “premium” as carpet. I have zero complaints.
Oh sweet. This is great information! I really appreciate your input and knowledge on this. Was really concerned about this particular feature of the flooring. Haven't seem a lot of complaints on it, so I guess majority with their BLs were pretty satisfied with the rubber floors.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
With the console seats and floor mats down you can't really tell its a rubber floor. Not much floor is visible. So not much diff looking just easier to clean.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Here is mine with the Ford rubber mats. Not much of the rubber floor is visible.
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Edition Floors? PXL_20220220_202333777.MP
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Edition Floors? PXL_20220220_202353911
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Edition Floors? PXL_20220220_202411146

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Here is mine with the Ford rubber mats. Not much of the rubber floor is visible.
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Edition Floors? PXL_20220220_202333777.MP
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Edition Floors? PXL_20220220_202353911
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Edition Floors? PXL_20220220_202411146
Oh ya! This looks great! I was worried it would look cheap, but it actually looks great! Thank you for this. I can rest a bit easier now after seeing this.

That pic with the back seat, that middle section with the Bronco badging, was that standard? Seems like it is laying on top there with the mats.
Sponsored