Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I recently installed ceramic pads on my Ford F150, as I no longer tow with it. In the month I've been driving it with these new pads, no brake dust at all.
Sponsored

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Since the day I purchased my front breaks have a lot of dust!! I said something to the dealer and they said oh its new its nothing to worry about . Well I have had it for a little over a year and its still the same black dust it looks very bad and is not normal .
I HATE that about my BSBB. Been doing it since day 1. Drives me nuts Even entry level ceramic pads will help.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I've had my Badlands over year and half and no dust and I'm not one that washes my car every week. Maybe the grey wheels hide it better than others.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I've had my Badlands over year and half and no dust and I'm not one that washes my car every week. Maybe the grey wheels hide it better than others.
Don't touch your wheels or you will have one clean stripe where you finger touched!

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I've read here that BB's with the adaptive cruise pkg have a different braking system and the dust isn't bad at all. Maybe someone can elaborate. My OBX dust is actually surprisingly low and I have the adaptive cruise pkg.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I've read here that BB's with the adaptive cruise pkg have a different braking system and the dust isn't bad at all. Maybe someone can elaborate. My OBX dust is actually surprisingly low and I have the adaptive cruise pkg.
Those with adaptive cruise were not subject to the recall that required replacement of the front brakes with higher-friction alternatives.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Those with adaptive cruise were not subject to the recall that required replacement of the front brakes with higher-friction alternatives.
Yep.

thomasm23

Ford Bronco Sport Bad brake dust outer_banks-

First NameTomJoinedJun 7, 2021Threads15Messages201Reaction score185LocationLos Angeles MetroVehicle(s)2021 Bronco Sport
Sep 10, 2023
You do not have lane centering. You have lane keeping.

Lane centering is only available with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+

Lane centering along adaptive cruise control will give you a form of self driving.

Lane keeping will just bounce you back and forth trying to keep you in a marked lane.

The reason I asked, your vehicle has vacuum assist power brakes. Ford issued a recall because if the power brake assist were to fail, the driver may not be able to stop the vehicle in a predetermined distance. The front brake pads were changed out to offer additional friction when applying. The result is more brake dust.

Vehicles with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+ have an electric brake assist. Vehicles with this unit were never recalled for brake issues.[b/]

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Don't touch your wheels or you will have one clean stripe where you finger touched!
Ok, I’ll bite.

So I wiped across two large sections. No excessive brake dust. I’ve owned many cars that were really bad, but this isn’t one of them. Actually even cleaner than I expected since I’m not one that obsesses over a shiny car and it doesn’t get bathed often.

Not sure why mine isn’t bad. I do not have adaptive cruise control. I am pretty heavy on the pedals, but that’s been a constant over my life of driving.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51