Backup sensing

scouthr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Do all trim levels have back up camera and backup sensing (the beeping). Is critical feature for our new drivers in the family. If not, which trim levels/packages would I have to purchase to get that feature?
Sponsored

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I believe the actual sensing system is added into the trim package. So... if you don’t have the trim package for the trim you have, no sensing.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
Can't comment on other trims, but I have an OB without the OB package and it does have the reverse sensing system with backup camera.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
According to the Ford compare tool:
Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Badlands, First Edition:
Reverse Sensing System
NA - Not AvailableO - OptionalS - StandardO - OptionalS - Standard

You get the option by ordering the same named package added to the same named trim and equipment group already on the car.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Federal law mandates backup cameras on all new vehicles.

Backup sensing systems and sound makers are optional. Manufacturers put them on vehicles if they want to.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Do all trim levels have back up camera and backup sensing (the beeping). Is critical feature for our new drivers in the family. If not, which trim levels/packages would I have to purchase to get that feature?
On my Badlands (no Badlands options package) there is a backup camera and rear cross traffic alert. BUT that is an alert only if something behind you is moving across your path - ie. It does not give up "beeps" as you are backing up into something. For that you have the red and yellow lines on the backup camera. Surprised me and maybe if you add option packages or on other trims it is different. For kids best training is probably still old school - look back and be sure it is clear. I suspect driving test will require that anyway despite the cute TV ads of kids passing their parallel parking test using auto park !

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The rear sensor is optional in the BB, and BL not optional on the base and is included on the OB and FE.
The rear camera is standard in all the trim.

OP
OP

scouthr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thank you all for your replies. yes, looks like I'd either have to get BB package or go Outer Banks.

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Base
My base Bronco Sport does not alert when backing up near trees or garbage cans . You can run one right over and no alarm. But it does sense cars coming. Little disappointed with that but just a little. These are features any car should come with . Along with Sirius. Car didn't come with it.
Sponsored