fsix

Badlands
First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve had my Badlands a little over a month and my girlfriend and I have both noticed we start getting back pain from these seats after a drive of anything more than an hour and a half, leaving us squirming to find a comfortable position the rest of the way.

I’m 6’, she’s 5’2” so height doesn’t seem to be the limiting factor here.

Any one got any advice? I love this car but kinda hate driving it for distance.
Sponsored

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I’ve had my Badlands a little over a month and my girlfriend and I have both noticed we start getting back pain from these seats after a drive of anything more than an hour and a half, leaving us squirming to find a comfortable position the rest of the way.

I hate these seats. Im actually getting rid of mine next week because of hip/back/thigh pain.. getting a cx5 with 8 way power and power lumbar.. the bronco sport seats are just to short, and stiff for me. And gotta go on 2 1/2 hour road trip in bs to pick up new car. Not looking forward to it

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hate to read this; I liked the cloth seats in my Big Bend and sort of regret ordering the Premium Package on the Badlands because of the unknown "comfort factor."

@fsix do you think it's the material & cushioning (or lack thereof), or not being able to adjust to a good position?

OP
OP

fsix

Badlands
First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hate to read this; I liked the cloth seats in my Big Bend and sort of regret ordering the Premium Package on the Badlands because of the unknown "comfort factor."

@fsix do you think it's the material & cushioning (or lack thereof), or not being able to adjust to a good position?
I think it’s gotta be the premium unfortunately. I had the BB and had no issues but I upgraded to the BL and started having issues.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I've two bulging disks, the bottom two and sciatica. I can drive the Sport for 8 hours no problem.
Actually when walking the pain can get bad enough to take me down to the ground. Sitting in the Sport is one of the few pain free places I can think of.

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
I’m still fiddling with all the settings. I will say that adjusting the steering wheel position did more for comfort than adjusting the seats. It changes how your body aligns with the seat.

I didn’t appreciate the Recaros in my Focus ST until I got in my badlands…they were incredible.

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
It is probably the way you adjust your seats that is causing you pain. I know it's an old post. We had a BMW 535 xi and it had the most adjustments I've seen on a seat and my wife was complaining of it hurting her back. When I adjusted the seat for her, yes she said it wasn't her normal driving position, but it never gave her any aches again. We like to recline our seats and stretch out our arms to the steering wheel causing a continuous stretch on our lower back. There's a video somewhere on YouTube where it shows you how to adjust your seat for optimal long driving. I have been driving my BS BL for over a year and half now and I cannot complain.

Its her Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Ford Escape and Mercury Mountaineer

My wife is 4' 11" and i am 6' 1" and have had zero issues. Our longest drive is 6 hours in here BS OB.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
There are a few posts regarding seat shims and it allows the front of the seat to elevate and put you in a more reclined position taking pressure off your legs a bit and possibly off your low back?

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
It’s cause the seat base is weirdly short, the side bolsters are flat and provide little to no support, is like a papasan. And there isn’t a tilt option. Even the manual adjustments I’ve had in other vehicles provided more adjustments than the powered ones in my BL. The seat build feels cheap

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
I've two bulging disks, the bottom two and sciatica. I can drive the Sport for 8 hours no problem.
Actually when walking the pain can get bad enough to take me down to the ground. Sitting in the Sport is one of the few pain free places I can think of.
Same here! I'm scheduled for L4/L5 spinal fusion in a month after living with left and right sciatica due to a grade 2 spondylolisthesis for the past 7 years. My BS/BL with Ebony/Area 51 seats is one of the few places where I'm totally pain free. Hopefully I can say the same after the surgery. I do get that the seat cushions are short but at 5'6" I'm far from tall so it doesn't bother me. It was, however, quite a bit different coming from my Mountaineer Premier with leather seats. I can understand that the short seat cushions may not be ideal for taller people.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Same here! I'm scheduled for L4/L5 spinal fusion in a month after living with left and right sciatica due to a grade 2 spondylolisthesis for the past 7 years. My BS/BL with Ebony/Area 51 seats is one of the few places where I'm totally pain free. Hopefully I can say the same after the surgery. I do get that the seat cushions are short but at 5'6" I'm far from tall so it doesn't bother me. It was, however, quite a bit different coming from my Mountaineer Premier with leather seats. I can understand that the short seat cushions may not be ideal for taller people.
Good luck with the surgery. I'm recovering from back surgery now. So far the results are mixed. Dr assures me all will be good with time.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'm coming from Jeep Compass..... I used to fell much more comfortable on it seat than in the BS.... that's a fact
All perspective, my wife had a compass, neither my son nor I ever felt comfortable in those seats. Love the Bronco. Every body fits different that's for certain.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
Good luck with the surgery. I'm recovering from back surgery now. So far the results are mixed. Dr assures me all will be good with time.
Thank you JerryC! I hope your dr is correct! I’ve heard success stories and failures but staying as I am is out of the question. I’m sure you felt the same. I’m writing this from the MRI waiting room 🥴
Sponsored