RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I know the size of the speakers and placement etc. No idea how the sound doesn’t bother anyone else. Vocals/highs in front and muddy mids/bass from doors back. Is like sitting between them. If you’ve ever heard someone speaking on a PA system and their levels are really dim compared to the background. That’s what I get. If you open the windows at all the vocals are barely audible until it’s turned up and starts to distort around 20. Low volume can’t hear shit, turn it up it distorts and then sounds like shit. There’s no audibly pleasing sound level. And can’t compare to anything else since I’m the only one around that has a BL. The few others I’ve seen are all base models. Maybe it’s just how Ford does their eq/dsp and sound systems. I didn’t think Edge st sounded that good either but didn’t lose all definition of sound with windows cracked either.
Sponsored

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Honestly, it sounds like you have a bad system. You should really push the issue with Ford and your dealer.

BenOutside85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic, Subaru Outback
Been following this thread for a bit, being a little nervous at the disappointment I might feel once my premium badlands was in my hands.

Been driving my new badlands for about two weeks now. I’m pleasantly surprised with the B&O. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not downright amazing but I had somewhat low expectations based on some of these responses. I’m not an audiophile but I do like my music cranked when by myself and the 22-23 range sounds really nice in my opinion. Yes it could use more bass and the subwoofer def seems underwhelming but all in all I’m quite happy. You may be too. Just my 2c.

Froggy

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport base
I know the size of the speakers and placement etc. No idea how the sound doesn’t bother anyone else. Vocals/highs in front and muddy mids/bass from doors back. Is like sitting between them. If you’ve ever heard someone speaking on a PA system and their levels are really dim compared to the background. That’s what I get. If you open the windows at all the vocals are barely audible until it’s turned up and starts to distort around 20. Low volume can’t hear shit, turn it up it distorts and then sounds like shit. There’s no audibly pleasing sound level. And can’t compare to anything else since I’m the only one around that has a BL. The few others I’ve seen are all base models. Maybe it’s just how Ford does their eq/dsp and sound systems. I didn’t think Edge st sounded that good either but didn’t lose all definition of sound with windows cracked either.
I was refraining from writing on the b&o system, until I had a few hundred miles of listening to it with different music. I even went from the base bronco sport, totalled now, to the b&o badlands. It was night and day difference between the two. The head unit is definitely holding back and rolling off the mid bass. Which is why I use the lc2i pro, with 12 inch sub. The lc2i pro, with accubass, helps with the midbass roll off. That when you splice the speaker wires, it allows you to control inpedence, because I believe the voltage drop in splicing speakers, effects the head unit equalization. In fact anybody that is modifying the b&o system, should consider a LOC with accubass, at the very least. Unless, your amp has those features. With all that said, I agree with you. Alice in chains, is too snarie, the midbass sucks, and the bass roll off, is horrible. Which in all, is why I upgraded.

Also, I believe, on my volume level, 10 should be at 1, and so on. I feel they scaled the volume level wrong, like any under the level 10 is unnecessary, can't hear. The level between 10 and 13, should be more spread out. Above 13, the bass rolls off from factory unit, so basically the louder the more distortion and not so good midbass. Another note be sure to turn off the volume control, under speed or stopping, that can effect the sound. I don't know exactly what it called.

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Wait guys ! Hold on a sec. I need to get another beer, more popcorn aaaand take a Piss. BRB

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Wait guys ! Hold on a sec. I need to get another beer, more popcorn aaaand take a Piss. BRB
Sorry mods, ‘tip a tinkle’
Sponsored