AVS "Bugflector II" Question

M&RR

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Looking for some information from those who have installed the AVS Bugflector II on their Bronco Sport. We have a 2022 Big Bend and have tried to install two different of these items. The first one had one of the tabs that was misshapen and would not allow the hood to secure shut no matter how we adjusted the hood bumpers (even removed the two up front with no luck). Shield kept striking the top edge of the plastic grill area.

The second went on fine per the instructions to include the 1 1/2 counter clockwise turns of the hood bumpers. The hood did shut securely, but once again the bugflector is striking the top edge of the grey plastic grill piece and putting nick marks in it. We adjusted the hood bumpers up in an attempt to stop this, but it got to a point to where the hood will not latch shut. At the highest height at which the hood will latch, the bugflector is pressing down so much on the top of the grill piece that we are unable to pull a piece of paper (folded in half) between the two. We can't see this being any good for the longevity of the grill, bugflector or even the secureness of the fasteners.

The two bugflectors we have tried do not appear uniform. On both, most of the tabs areas that wrap under the hood to where the screws are attached are straight, even smooth and wrap nicely around the hood, but on both there are one or two sections of these tabs areas that are wavy/disfigured and stick out much further and do not wrap tightly around the hood. Photo attached for reference.

Have any of you who have this installed on their Bronco Sport run into these same issues? If so, how were you able to overcome the problem? Did we just get a couple of "lemons"?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Thank you

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question Pass Side Buldges Down 1
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Looking for some information from those who have installed the AVS Bugflector II on their Bronco Sport. We have a 2022 Big Bend and have tried to install two different of these items. The first one had one of the tabs that was misshapen and would not allow the hood to secure shut no matter how we adjusted the hood bumpers (even removed the two up front with no luck). Shield kept striking the top edge of the plastic grill area.

The second went on fine per the instructions to include the 1 1/2 counter clockwise turns of the hood bumpers. The hood did shut securely, but once again the bugflector is striking the top edge of the grey plastic grill piece and putting nick marks in it. We adjusted the hood bumpers up in an attempt to stop this, but it got to a point to where the hood will not latch shut. At the highest height at which the hood will latch, the bugflector is pressing down so much on the top of the grill piece that we are unable to pull a piece of paper (folded in half) between the two. We can't see this being any good for the longevity of the grill, bugflector or even the secureness of the fasteners.

The two bugflectors we have tried do not appear uniform. On both, most of the tabs areas that wrap under the hood to where the screws are attached are straight, even smooth and wrap nicely around the hood, but on both there are one or two sections of these tabs areas that are wavy/disfigured and stick out much further and do not wrap tightly around the hood. Photo attached for reference.

Have any of you who have this installed on their Bronco Sport run into these same issues? If so, how were you able to overcome the problem? Did we just get a couple of "lemons"?

Thank you

check the gap (grill to bug deflector ) make sure you have even gap all along the top of grill . Blow up my pictures and check it out .
Pictures please . Would help
Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question 009F756F-A913-4B4B-AA19-26F0F8703A35

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question C7B7D449-A0B9-4133-843D-A9CE5323C755

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question 2F7899D5-3748-4167-83BD-80C34815B0EF

Last edited:

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Installed the AVS with 3M tape several months ago. Slight overlap in the front but no problems.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape

Thank you

Iā€™m trying to understand whatā€™s going on because I have the same one, but I had my dealership install it, so I donā€™t really know what I should be looking for.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Iā€™m trying to understand whatā€™s going on because I have the same one, but I had my dealership install it, so I donā€™t really know what I should be looking for.
I checked mine, the only mark that I have is from the rubber piece thatā€™s attached to the hood since my BS is an OB with the glossy black grille and my hood shuts fine, so maybe you got some defected ones.

Update: Ok, after looking at it some more, it seems to be a little warped and I have one good sized knick, but I go to the dealership Wednesday, so Iā€™ll ask them about it.

Last edited:

OP
OP

M&RR

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Figured we'd share in case others are interested. We received third AVS Bugflector II from retailer and removed it from shipping box today. Figured it would either be a third times a charm or three strikes and it's out scenerio. Not even going to attempt to install this one. Poor quality control in our opinion. Will let the pictures speak for themselves. Top and bottom photos show the same area on opposite sides of the Bugflector.

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question Driver (Top) vs Passenger Sides 4

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question Driver (Top) vs Passenger Sides 1

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question Driver (Top) vs Passenger Sides 2

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question Driver (Top) vs Passenger Sides 3

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Figured we'd share in case others are interested. We received third AVS Bugflector II from retailer and removed it from shipping box today. Figured it would either be a third times a charm or three strikes and it's out scenerio. Not even going to attempt to install this one. Poor quality control in our opinion. Will let the pictures speak for themselves. Top and bottom photos show the same area on opposite sides of the Bugflector.

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question Driver (Top) vs Passenger Sides 4

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question Driver (Top) vs Passenger Sides 1

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question Driver (Top) vs Passenger Sides 2

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question Driver (Top) vs Passenger Sides 3
Maybe try this style?
Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question 68F92C33-59B9-4086-A55D-ED0E6B585686
Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question 68F92C33-59B9-4086-A55D-ED0E6B585686

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question 8B199A51-EAE2-4462-A6A1-25386A1DD0DD

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I got the one from Ford. Uses double sided stick. Seems fine, though long term I'm sure it could degrade and eventually fall off if sitting out in the various seasons for years. Though I wouldn't classify it as a bug deflector. More of a hood protector.

Ford Bronco Sport AVS "Bugflector II" Question 20221004_200220

Canuck

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Thank you
This is why I went with the Aeroskin textured hood deflector instead

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I'm not fond of the shiny black plastic of the AVS. Plus, it does not sit on the hood, but rather has a gap that leaves and dirt will collect in.
Sponsored