AVS AeroSkin II experience / review ?

SpartyOn2007

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve been looking at this product for my BS. I’m looking to get something to protect the hood, as the lip of the hood has gotten numerous paint chips already from stones.

Does this product hold up at all? It seems like it has just adhesive to hold it in place. I’m not sure how that would stick?

Also how about car washes? The website says “car wash safe” but looking at the instructions it says not to use brush style car washes. Would this basically rip it off the hood?
Sponsored

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Had ours for 5000 miles now. Holds up just fine. I've had one on my F150 as well for several years now. Has held up just fine, even through numerous car washes. It sticks just fine using the supplied surface prep and adhesion promotor. Extremely unlikely to "rip it off the hood" unless you get caught in a tornado or hurricane, but then, the hood deflector will be the least of your concerns.

Marinaguy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've had mine for about 10k miles. No issues. Been through the brush type car wash several times. No problems.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
If you search this forum for aeroskin, you'll have a couple hours of reading to do. Most of your answers will be found there. Short answer: 3M adhesive tape is quite strong, people generally really like the deflectors, don't know if it will last 5/10/15 years because, well, the BS hasn't been around long enough.

Good luck.

CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've had mine on for about 10 days, let it sit in the sun for 2 days before driving to be on the safe side. I drive at highway speeds everyday and have had zero issues. As for the carwash, I haven't tested that theory yet but I tend to get out and wash by hand anyways.

Jocker

Base
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Had mine for 19,XXX miles and still holding strong, many car washes both touchless & touch. The only thing I've had issues with was the wind deflectors on 2 of 4 windows. So, I have just ordered 3m tape to remove and reinstall them - hopefully, it goes well. I do recommend when you install them make sure to wash (don't wax) wipe down heavily with isopropyl alcohol (I used 70% I had from wrapping) let dry, and make sure the room temp is 70 degrees or warmer. Before, officially applying it be sure to test fit both front and back get to make sure they don't hit each other when opening and closing the door.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
I have heard that freeway driving 75mph and above you will get wind noise and hood vibrations.

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I’ve been looking at this product for my BS. I’m looking to get something to protect the hood, as the lip of the hood has gotten numerous paint chips already from stones.

Does this product hold up at all? It seems like it has just adhesive to hold it in place. I’m not sure how that would stick?

Also how about car washes? The website says “car wash safe” but looking at the instructions it says not to use brush style car washes. Would this basically rip it off the hood?
So far after several months and over 4,000 miles and lots of rain and many car washes ... thus far all is good.
Ford Bronco Sport AVS AeroSkin II experience / review ? Screenshot_20230228-175214_Gallery

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
No worries about the tape. Many parts on vehicles are held down with 3M VHB tape. Has been used to hold door moldings (ding protection) for decades.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks

1. Been through at least 6 car washes since installing myself. IT AINT coming off! When I installed it i just barley touched the tape to the hood and I almost couldn't get it off to readjust. 3M tape is so good that if you prep the surface as instructed you better get it positioned right the first time. It cannot be just pulled off. If I ever were to remove it I would have the Ford dealer do it as I would be afraid of bending the hood!!!!!

2. It is excellent at protecting the front of hood and the little lip/spoiler on it does a real good job of sending bugs and debris over top of the windshield. At highway speed it does create a little turbulence on the hood causing the hood to wobble some times. The BS hood wobbled some before I put it on anyway. Don't notice any additional wind noise.

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Good testimonials. Thanks for sharing them.

OP
OP
SpartyOn2007

SpartyOn2007

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you all for the help! Looking forward to this product.

Scot

Big Bend
First Name
scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bonco Sport Big Bend

10:4 on the hood vibrations ..... on the hinge side at the base of the windshield there is major movement at highway speeds
Sponsored