OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm definitely in the minority here. I'm 25 and only account for a lousy 3% of BS buyers despite advertising marketing to my demographic. I have to disclaim that I don't own the car. It's actually my mom's car but I can drive it every so often. My personal vehicle is a Maverick which also has the same age buyers as the BS. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I'm also in the minority for Maverick buyers. Probably because my demographic is typically broke and can't afford a new car. :rolleyes:

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Looks like the pug is tired of waiting too.
She is more relaxed than I, content to travel in the RAV. I just a vehicle that has some GD interior lights!!!!

OP
OP
Bloomsey

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Not the youngest, I am 19, I own my bronco sport, was not gifted to me, I work my ass off for the car payments
Good stuff bro! Driving these things are a reward, how do you like your ride so far?

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's the same problem with new houses. No one makes cheap cars anymore, and no one makes cheap houses--there just isn't any money to be made with them.

Many youngsters complain--rightly so--about the explosion in the cost of a house. "How is it my Dad could afford a house and I can't?" Well...

In 1970 the average new house size was something like 1500'. Today it's over 2500'. Average lot sizes have grown as well. Back then you could build just about anywhere. Sure, there were SOME zoning laws, but nothing like today. Zoning restrictions have driven up the cost of just an empty lot WAY beyond true market demand. And building codes are a lot different too, further adding to the costs. Between government-imposed zoning restrictions, building codes, and consumer demand for bigger and bigger houses fueled by cheap credit, a new house is pretty much unobtanium for the average bear.

Same goes for cars. Ford stopped making sedans because it was selling them at a loss. Its F-series trucks and SUVs were essentially subsidizing sedan sales. Why keep making something you can't sell for a profit? Once it stopped making sedans it realized that people who can afford to buy a truck or SUV can afford one with all the bells and whistles, especially since lending institutions caved and started allowing 72+ month terms on loans. Government-mandated safety and emissions standards have also added to costs.
I agree with all the above but I might add, and I don't know about your area, but where I live, in the last 4 years price per square foot has almost doubled

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Good stuff bro! Driving these things are a reward, how do you like your ride so far?
Best choice I ever made, has been such a fun ride, my only regret being the dealership I chose, due to me being a "first time buyer at a young age" they added an extra 9 thousand dollars to the sticker price, of course I was blind to the fact that it wasn't okay for them to do that, that is the only thing I would change

OP
OP
Bloomsey

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Best choice I ever made, has been such a fun ride, my only regret being the dealership I chose, due to me being a "first time buyer at a young age" they added an extra 9 thousand dollars to the sticker price, of course I was blind to the fact that it wasn't okay for them to do that, that is the only thing I would change
that’s unfortunate man, but a life lesson I guess. Ordered mine last September and it arrived in February and I got it for MSRP and I’m in love with it more and more every day. Cheers!

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
that’s unfortunate man, but a life lesson I guess.
I fully agree, since I learned what I did wrong I have done a lot more research, won't be making that mistake again

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Without stating my age ... this was my first concert:

Ford Bronco Sport Average age of a Bronco Sport owner 20230723_161114

Reactions: MJE

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
What a predatory thing to do to someone excited to buy their first car. 9 grand on top of the BB MSRP would've bumped you up to a BL. They're making a 19 year old pay interest on a 9k markup and have set you back significantly more than your responsible choice in vehicles should have.

I spent 5 hours at my dealership arguing with the sales manager about price protection when my order came in. If someone looked me in the eye and said "Pay 9 grand extra because you're too young," I would've raised hell.
Sponsored