Automatic high beams

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Nope 👎 was not a fan at all. I too turned mine off.
Sponsored

brynamic

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
One of the first evenings (just past official sunset, so dark enough to need lights on but not high beams) driving I came up upon someone driving slower. The auto brights never shut off even as I was immediately behind them. I turned that feature off after that and haven’t looked back.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
One of the first evenings (just past official sunset, so dark enough to need lights on but not high beams) driving I came up upon someone driving slower. The auto brights never shut off even as I was immediately behind them. I turned that feature off after that and haven’t looked back.
I think we are missing something here , I experienced the same thing and was considering turning mine off but I need to read a bit more on settings.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Mine never blinds anyone as far as I can tell. I never get flashed even to the sides.
What am I missing, settings .

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine work as expected. No issues. This is my third vehicle with auto highbeams and the Bronco Sport works just as well as my previous Mazda 6 and Kia Stinger.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Overall they work pretty good. Don't kick it as early as I'd like at dusk/twilight but overall it's only occasionally I have to manually override them (because they stay on a hair too long). Certainly want high beams on as much as possible in my area due to wildlife!

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I love the feature, I really do. They work perfectly and the response time from all directions is just as quick as my hand going to the stalk to manually turn them off, if not quicker sometimes. It's just one less thing to worry about so I can keep a closer eye out for animals.

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I live in the mountains, lots of narrow roads with blind turns. My auto brights work perfectly. But I do spend a lot of time diverting my eyes away from other folks bright lights. If ya don't like your lights on auto, be old fashioned and put em on manual.

Onecooldad1974

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So it feels like there is just a split second delay where it seems like i blind people.. i keep mine off... if they would turn off a little quucker i would feel better.... feels like im always flashing people.. what are everyones thoughts. Yay or nay
One of the first things I turned off

OP
OP
LilbroncoS

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I live in the mountains, lots of narrow roads with blind turns. My auto brights work perfectly. But I do spend a lot of time diverting my eyes away from other folks bright lights. If ya don't like your lights on auto, be old fashioned and put em on manual.
I love having auto highbeams( when they work correctly with no delay)

OP
OP
LilbroncoS

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Mine work as expected. No issues. This is my third vehicle with auto highbeams and the Bronco Sport works just as well as my previous Mazda 6 and Kia Stinger.
I had 2 2021 mazda 6s.. and they both worked way better than this sport.. so dont know what year mazda you had..