Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I test drove a Bronco Sport Big Bend and it didn't have an auto dimming rear view mirror. Is this an optional feature on the Big Bend or do they just not come with them?

Does anyone know if it would be difficult to add an auto dimming rear view mirror to a Bronco Sport that has the manual rear view mirror? Or maybe I can just go up to the next trim.
Sponsored

SAcobra427

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT, 2005 F350 DRW Diesel
Yes I would like to know this also !

ltober20

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
i have on OB with the auto dimming rear view. I dont think itn comes on other trim levels, maybe FE.

It works pretty well though I would term it more as a constant dimming rear view. Which works for me.

not sure about installing it, wouldnt imagine it'd be that difficult

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The auto-dimming mirror is standard on OB and FE only, and then only available in the BL Badlands add-on package. Sometimes -- ex. on a VW TIguan -- the swap is simple as removing the old, mounting the new, routing the wire under the trim along the roof liner and door seal down and plugging into an electrical box that's under a panel in the side of the dash in the door opening on that vehicle. Sorry I don't know about the Sport though, but as that enclosure up there by the mirror has an awful lot going on within, I'm not encouraged about this type of swap in the Sport. But again, I don't know?

Last edited:
OP
OP

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The auto-dimming mirror is standard on OB and FE only, and then only available in the BL Badlands add-on package. Sometimes -- ex. on a VW TIguan -- the swap is simple as removing the old, mounting the new, routing the wire under the trim along the roof liner and door seal down and plugging into an electrical box that's under a panel in the side of the dash in the door opening on that vehicle. Sorry I don't know about the Sport though, but as that enclosure up there by the mirror has an awful lot going on within, I'm not encourage about this type of swap in the Sport. But again, I don't know?
It's interesting how it's not an option on some trims. It might be better to buy a Bronco Sport with the auto dimming rear view mirror instead of trying to install one and it not working.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's interesting how it's not an option on some trims. It might be better to buy a Bronco Sport with the auto dimming rear view mirror instead of trying to install one and it not working.
Not surprising at all, most mfrs. don't make these options a la carte, they make you buy the package with it. It's not a specific option on any trim, it's either standard (OB or FE) or part of the quite expensive Badlands add-on package (i.e. BL + BL).

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
All the vehicles I've owned prior to my BS have had one, but the wife's higher end Camry didn't, so I added one. I'll put one to my BS as well. I've installed them before, fairly simple, I was able to tap B+ on the Camry from the camera connection on the windshield, should be able to do this on the BS as well. Since my windows are tinted, fairly dark, it isn't a rush thing to get done.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
$210 for the auto dim mirror from ford. That doesn't seem to bad. I thought it was in the BB package, but I don't see it in the order guide.
There are many standard features in outer banks trim and not available on badlands w/o BL package.

Ford Bronco Sport Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror Screenshot_20210508-071012_Firefox

Adding keyed ignition power wouldn't be too difficult. It depends on if 3want factory wiring. I added factory dimming mirror to my mariner. I had a moon roof already with power. However, I still went to a junkyard and took the factory wiring. Since it dwas powered from a different circuit. Thankfully,the circuit was run up to the drivers A pillar. I don't have a wiring diagram yet, but I would hazard a guess that to be the case in big bend.

If you're looking at bb+BB, you could go with ob alone. It lacks moon roof and wireless charging pad.
Ob has the other options.

Last edited:

RHill

Base
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think if you purchase the mirror from a local dealership there is an installation option for about $50.

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Has anyone tried adding this to their BB package yet? I am looking at doing so but am trying to gauge if the connector is already there-but-unused or if I will be running 12v to the mirror.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone tried adding this to their BB package yet? I am looking at doing so but am trying to gauge if the connector is already there-but-unused or if I will be running 12v to the mirror.
It's really easy to pop off the black trim around the mirror and look for the connector. Refer to this post.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
@Mark S. took the plunge and figured out if you don't have an auto-dimming mirror, you will not have the connector behind the plastic cover. Check out his write-up.
Sponsored