Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I test drove a Bronco Sport Big Bend and it didn't have an auto dimming rear view mirror. Is this an optional feature on the Big Bend or do they just not come with them?

Does anyone know if it would be difficult to add an auto dimming rear view mirror to a Bronco Sport that has the manual rear view mirror? Or maybe I can just go up to the next trim.

Advertisement

SAcobra427

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT, 2005 F350 DRW Diesel
Yes I would like to know this also !

ltober20

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
i have on OB with the auto dimming rear view. I dont think itn comes on other trim levels, maybe FE.

It works pretty well though I would term it more as a constant dimming rear view. Which works for me.

not sure about installing it, wouldnt imagine it'd be that difficult

tRex

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The auto-dimming mirror is standard on OB and FE only, and then only available in the BL Badlands add-on package. Sometimes -- ex. on a VW TIguan -- the swap is simple as removing the old, mounting the new, routing the wire under the trim along the roof liner and door seal down and plugging into an electrical box that's under a panel in the side of the dash in the door opening on that vehicle. Sorry I don't know about the Sport though, but as that enclosure up there by the mirror has an awful lot going on within, I'm not encouraged about this type of swap in the Sport. But again, I don't know?

Last edited:
OP

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The auto-dimming mirror is standard on OB and FE only, and then only available in the BL Badlands add-on package. Sometimes -- ex. on a VW TIguan -- the swap is simple as removing the old, mounting the new, routing the wire under the trim along the roof liner and door seal down and plugging into an electrical box that's under a panel in the side of the dash in the door opening on that vehicle. Sorry I don't know about the Sport though, but as that enclosure up there by the mirror has an awful lot going on within, I'm not encourage about this type of swap in the Sport. But again, I don't know?
It's interesting how it's not an option on some trims. It might be better to buy a Bronco Sport with the auto dimming rear view mirror instead of trying to install one and it not working.

tRex

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's interesting how it's not an option on some trims. It might be better to buy a Bronco Sport with the auto dimming rear view mirror instead of trying to install one and it not working.
Not surprising at all, most mfrs. don't make these options a la carte, they make you buy the package with it. It's not a specific option on any trim, it's either standard (OB or FE) or part of the quite expensive Badlands add-on package (i.e. BL + BL).

Advertisement