impulse

Badlands
First Name
Sher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, F-150
I wonder if the Outer Banks is the exact same height as a Bad Lands or FE stock? Or do they have a more “factory” lifted suspension than the OB??
looks great BTW!
I think FE and Badlands have slightly more ground clearance. Supposedly 1 inch taller.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Don't these come with Falken Wildpeaks?
Yes, the optional tires are 29.1" Falken Wildpeaks (235/65R17). So those 245 are only about .4" more so ground clearance would go from 8.8" to 9.0".

OP
OP

impulse

Badlands
First Name
Sher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, F-150
Yes, the optional tires are 29.1" Falken Wildpeaks (235/65R17). So those 245 are only about .4" more so ground clearance would go from 8.8" to 9.0".
Yes. 0.5 inches taller and 0.3 inches wider on paper. Some tires are actually smaller or bigger and don't run true to size.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Yes. 0.5 inches taller and 0.3 inches wider on paper. Some tires are actually smaller or bigger and don't run true to size.
The optional Wildpeaks are actually 29.1" tall and the 245 KO2's are 29.5" according to the tiresize.com website.

FalkenAround

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought the 245's would be wider than that, compared to the 235's..that seems like it would be hardly noticeable.

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got the same thing from Discount Tire.This size was "RED FLAG" in their system,wouldn't do it.So,I got Toyo 235/45 instead,very happy with the look.
What trim do you have?

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
There is a guy who put 245/70/17 on his Base Sport - Pictures can be seen here (Note: link to FB Group)

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
And who put those tires on? Costco test fitted one on my stock FE and said it touched the carpet fender well liner at full crank, so they wouldn't put them on ?
Base? Big bend? Ob? Bad land?
For the base, big bend and ob there a lift kit to 1.5... maybe will fit with it....

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Base? Big bend? Ob? Bad land?
For the base, big bend and ob there a lift kit to 1.5... maybe will fit with it....
FE, First Edition. Maybe Costco is just over-cautious. Looks like people are starting to put them on without any issues.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
A word of caution for those upgrading tire sizes. One of the reasons the Bronco gets ok gas milage is they put smaller tires on it than something like a Cherokee. Keep an eye of tire weights if MPG is important to you at all.

I can fit a larger tire on my stock Cherokee bit the next size up for the AT3 is a full 10lbs more per tire. Would murder my MPG and only provide slightly more capability on trails.

Juice

Badlands
First Name
Dauphin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
There is a guy who put 245/70/17 on his Base Sport - Pictures can be seen here (Note: link to FB Group)
Hey Ken, I saw the deal you mentioned on that FB post, can you share which dealer that was?