Anyone seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats? Which is nicer?

Dave B

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford uses real, split leather. They can’t say “Leather” and not really use leather, these days. What I wasn’t expecting, was they grey material between the centre cushion and the brown.
Sponsored

OP
OP

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Ford uses real, split leather. They can’t say “Leather” and not really use leather, these days. What I wasn’t expecting, was they grey material between the centre cushion and the brown.
To my eyes it seem the only difference between the OB and the BL is that grey material. The brown and black leather seems identical. They simply used the grey material on the OB to give a slightly different look. Likely it was also a cost saving measure.

Dave B

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
To my eyes it seem the only difference between the OB and the BL is that grey material. The brown and black leather seems identical. They simply used the grey material on the OB to give a slightly different look. Likely it was also a cost saving measure.
The top section of the Bad Lands seats are brown, which I like better. As soon as my dealer gets their parts info, I may look at switching them,.

Meathanky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My wife and I are in a disagreement about the interior of OB vs BL. I like the BL leather and she likes OB pier navy. We test drive a Big Bend with cloth and manual seats as no other trim available in Va to drive. Definitely need power seats as manual not comfortable.
How are power seats more comfortable? do they not move the same? just one is power?

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
So are the EB/leather trim seats in the OB+OB the ones with the suede upper portions? I was under the impression that’s what I’m getting on my order. The gray fabric looks ok as well, but I liked the other one better. Should be delivered in about 3 weeks, bit I’m curious after reading this.

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercury Mariner Premier
I would have gotten the BL but the Navy Pier interior wasn't an option and I just loved the look of it too much. Don't love brown/black mixed interiors.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
How are power seats more comfortable? do they not move the same? just one is power?
If you can access to Badlands without BL options sit in power drivers set and adjust it. Then sit in manual passengers seat in the same car. On a 2000 mile trip we switched drivers about every 200 miles and there is definitely a difference. Whether holds true comparing to other models I don't know, the power seat had a definite - to me - more comfortable seat bottom tilt as it was moved which the manual seat did not. My conclusion was the seat motion is different between the two seats, the obvious power versus manual controls not withstanding.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I would have gotten the BL but the Navy Pier interior wasn't an option and I just loved the look of it too much. Don't love brown/black mixed interiors.
Congratulations I too have the navy pier interior with a cactus gray . Also from Pittsburgh, enjoy . Welcome

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats? Which is nicer? 3FF02808-940E-4493-9DD3-6ABA5102BB05

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats? Which is nicer? 9AC7C1A9-FDCA-4712-9A71-CA18AF11EB97

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations I too have the navy pier interior with a cactus gray . Also from Pittsburgh, enjoy . Welcome

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats? Which is nicer? 3FF02808-940E-4493-9DD3-6ABA5102BB05

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats? Which is nicer? 9AC7C1A9-FDCA-4712-9A71-CA18AF11EB97
Nice. I just ordered mine so I have a wait ahead of me, but am very excited. Where did you get that bug shield???

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice. I just ordered mine so I have a wait ahead of me, but am very excited. Where did you get that bug shield???
Shults Ford south . Goes very good with the trim . Mine was ordered about a year ago this month I picked it up last March 10 . Sharp color. It looks like there going to be a little faster on shipping. By the way the blues are darker than the picture shown .

Last edited:

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shults Ford south . Goes very good with the trim . Mine was ordered about a year ago this month I picked it up last March 10 . Sharp color. It looks like there going to be a little faster on shipping.
That's where I ordered mine from haha. Good to know they can take care of me on accessories, too!

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's where I ordered mine from haha. Good to know they can take care of me on accessories, too!
Great people out at the store I ordered from Mike H . What is your sales person name ? Great parts guys and service people are great Scott C .

Last edited:

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
They are all probably the same seats with different color trim . Electric vs Manual , are probably different , because they ARE different seats.
Sponsored