cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Really? Well scratch that one off the list. That is what I'm looking for. A skid plate with access doors for the filter and drain plug. I don't want to have to drop a cover or plate every time I change the oil. I think the oil change set up on the BS really sucks for the DIYer who's laying on his back in the driveway having to undo 13 Torx screws to get to the oil pan drain and filter. On my F-150 I installed the RCI skids and it has an access hatch for the oil plug with 2 screws. No more dropping the felt cover. Really speeds up the oil change. The JCR comes the closest but now it won't work with the 6.6 qt. oil pan. :headbang:
Here's the thread showing the JCR with the original oil drain hole and the additional hole the owner put in for the 6.6 quart pan:
JCR Engine Skid Plate - feedback / review? | 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com
Cheers!
Sponsored

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
My only worry with the Rally skid plate and oil changes was losing the spacers. I epoxied them in place. Bolts roll in circles or curly cues, but spacers will keep rolling straight out of sight.

OP
OP
Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Hopefully someone will design a plate that works with the latest model Broncos. It will be a while before I need to do my first oil change so I'll just wait and see what happens.

Sheepdog4119

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I will be installing JCR OffRoad side plates and rock rails this weekend. Will post later about it.
They also make a skid plate with a trap door for doing oil changes so you don’t need to remove the whole plate.
I installed their engine skid. No need to remove for oil changes.

Sheepdog4119

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Rally Innovations front skid plate for 21+ BS. My biggest concern is does it have to be dropped when you do an oil change. Although the online instructions seem simple they do not go into much detail. Just curious if anyone here has installed one of these.
https://www.rallyinnovations.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-sport-base-big-bend-outer-banks-skid-guard-fo-r9b-skg-01
The JCR engine skid does not need to be removed to change the oil. Has a removable plate. Easy to install.

OP
OP
Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
I installed their engine skid. No need to remove for oil changes.
What year is your BS? Oil capacity? It seems on later model Broncos with the 6.6 qt. oil pan the cut out for the drain plug on the JCR skid does not line up.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
The JCR oil drain being in the wrong place applies to the 1.5L with the 6.6 quart pan ONLY! Cheers!

LBinWNC

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 BS
Quick lane has no issue with RI plate… I told them about the spacers… epoxy is a good idea

Scot

Big Bend
First Name
scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bonco Sport Big Bend
Really? Well scratch that one off the list. That is what I'm looking for. A skid plate with access doors for the filter and drain plug. I don't want to have to drop a cover or plate every time I change the oil. I think the oil change set up on the BS really sucks for the DIYer who's laying on his back in the driveway having to undo 13 Torx screws to get to the oil pan drain and filter. On my F-150 I installed the RCI skids and it has an access hatch for the oil plug with 2 screws. No more dropping the felt cover. Really speeds up the oil change. The JCR comes the closest but now it won't work with the 6.6 qt. oil pan. :headbang:

Scot

Big Bend
First Name
scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bonco Sport Big Bend
curious, have you located a plate with access for the 6.6 qrt BS BB ?
I've looked bit have found nothing definitive
Sponsored