Anyone have oil monitoring stuck at the same percentage?

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
I noticed a while ago that my oil life monitoring system inside my '21 BB looks like it stopped updating oil life remaining at 18% and hasn't moved for a couple of hundred miles. All other dash readings seem to be functioning OK. Anyone else experience a similar issue? Thanks.
Sponsored

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I have not had that problem. 200 miles would be about 2% and I would keep monitoring it to see if it changes. I change my oil at 7500 miles, so I never get down there. Cheers!

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021 Wildtrak, Carbonized Gray
Can you tell me where the oil monitoring is? I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Can you tell me where the oil monitoring is? I can't seem to find that option anywhere.
Use the information display controls on the steering wheel. Select Settings->Vehicle->Oil Life

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It also shows up on the Fordpass app. Tap vehicle at the bottom. Go to Status and it shows tire pressure and oil life.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
I can't speak to how much the intelligent oil life monitor has evolved over the years but my experience with other Fords is that it does track a year pretty well... but not evenly over the year. The IOLM in a lot of average use is going to lead to a slow drain down 10K miles where 100 miles = 1% off. The IOLM considers time since the last oil change, mileage, and the driving conditions (extended cold idling, towing, etc.) to determine the time.

Circa 2018 in my 2015 Fusion my IOLM went from 45% to 2% instantaneously and almost 0% shortly after that. It was well under a year and less than 5600 miles since the prior oil change. That must have been operating condition based.

I did also have circumstances where it got within days of one year and the oil monitor dropped off a cliff from 25% to under 5% "change oil soon" message at around 7500-8000 miles on full synthetic.

Point being, the behavior described is something I've experienced, and I'd heed the IOLM. Others would take a more cynical read that more frequent oil changes should be done, but it has not been a problem in my vehicle ownership - at least while running full synthetic and following the rule of 12 months/10K miles/if the IOLM decrees it, whatever is soonest. Even with multiple cars with Ecoboost engines.

In your owners manual.....
Respectfully wouldn't it just be easier to either give the menu path as mark did or link to the manual entry? It doesn't just help that person, it helps anybody who searches this forum (or searches Google and finds this thread) looking for the same answer.
Sponsored